Associate Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ ABKCO Music & Records, Inc.
Consultant, Digital Marketing and Publicity @ Sydney's "Taylor" Made Cuisine
Bachelor of Arts, Vocal Music, Art History @
Southern Methodist University
Vice President, Digital Sales and Marketing- Universal Music Classics @ From August 2015 to Present (3 months) Greater New York City AreaAssociate Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ • Develop and implement global sales, marketing, promotion, publicity and production plans for an esteemed catalog of artists including the Rolling Stones, Sam Cooke, Bobby Womack, the Kinks, Eric
Vice President, Digital Sales and Marketing- Universal Music Classics @ From August 2015 to Present (3 months) Greater New York City AreaAssociate Vice President, Sales and Marketing @ • Develop and implement global sales, marketing, promotion, publicity and production plans for an esteemed catalog of artists including the Rolling Stones, Sam Cooke, Bobby Womack, the Kinks, Eric Burdon, the Animals, Chubby Checker and more. Soundtracks releases include Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel, Moonrise Kingdom, Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Darjeeling Limited, the fifth installment of the Fast & Furious franchise Fast Five, Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Showtime’s Californication and HBO’s Boardwalk Empire.
• Spearhead marketing campaigns for new releases and catalog. Oversee national and regional promotions, digital marketing, social media, print and online advertising campaigns, and creative content production. Coordinate with PR agencies to secure interviews, features, online premieres and album reviews.
• Oversee physical and digital sales. Partner with retailers and digital services to develop sales plans and promotions through pricing initiatives, advertising, featured placement, exclusives and editorial features.
• Develop profit and loss schedules for new releases and sales programs.
Maintain sales, marketing and advertising budgets.
• Supervise physical product manufacturing and warehouse inventory.
• Oversee international release plans, working with international distributor to ensure
that release strategies are uniform worldwide.
• Research and establish new business deals.
• Supervise a team of 3 people. From December 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 7 months) Greater New York City AreaConsultant, Digital Marketing and Publicity @ • Developed and oversaw marketing, publicity and social media campaign for the re-launch of a 20 year old gourmet market, café and catering business.
• Pitched and secured features with various food magazines, blogs and local publications.
• Developed and implemented full digital marketing and social media campaign. From May 2014 to April 2015 (1 year) Westhampton Beach, NYDirector of Sales and Marketing @ • Developed sales and marketing programs with assigned physical and digital sales partners.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining one-sheets and marketing plans and filtering information to sales and marketing teams at US and international distributors.
• Coordinated physical and digital production for all releases. Oversaw production schedule, ensuring timely delivery of artwork, audio and metadata to manufacturers and distributors, and managed release of products with accounts. From November 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 2 months) Greater New York City AreaConsultant, Social Media Marketing @ • Developed and managed global social media campaign for the release of Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns, the sequel to the #1 bestseller The Devil Wears Prada by author Lauren Weisberger.
• Consulted with Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins UK, Random House and Twentieth Century Fox to utilize all applicable social media properties including author pages, book pages and The Devil Wears Prada film page.
• Raised awareness and promoted sales through strategic posts that encouraged reader interaction.
• Garnered over 55K bit.ly clicks in the first 3 weeks including 42K for the Amazon book page.
• Oversaw and executed social media advertising campaign with Weisberger and her publishers. From May 2013 to July 2013 (3 months) Greater New York City AreaConsultant, Digital/Social Media Marketing @ • Developed and oversaw the social media campaign for the release of Franklin’s album A Woman Falling Out Of Love.
• Coordinated with Sony Music, Warner Music and William Morris Endeavor to utilize the official social media pages and raise awareness for the album, push sales and encourage fan interaction.
• Worked with Franklin and her publicist to create and utilize an official Twitter page
• Consulted on the re-design and development of Franklin’s official artist website. From February 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 3 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Digital Marketing @ • Developed digital marketing campaigns. Secured exclusives, features, contests
• Created and implemented social media strategies. Analyzed campaigns to
• Oversaw and coordinated design and development of corporate and artists’ websites and social media pages. Managed site upgrades and oversaw search engine optimization. From January 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 11 months) Greater New York City AreaLicensing/Marketing/New Media Coordinator @ • Negotiated and issued worldwide synchronization, reprint and digital/mobile licenses for master recordings and compositions.
• Pitched catalog for placement in films, TV shows, ad campaigns, video games and toys.
• Assisted in marketing and promotional plans for new releases and catalog. From October 2006 to January 2009 (2 years 4 months) Greater New York City AreaExecutive Assistant/Licensing Assistant @ • Requested and issued mechanical licenses for compositions and master recordings.
• Registered new compositions with copyright, mechanical and performance societies
• Assisted licensing and marketing executives with administrative tasks including managing phone lines, coordinating schedules, booking travel, maintaining department files and creating meeting agendas. From May 2005 to October 2006 (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaPromotion & Publicity Intern, Sanctuary Urban @ From January 2005 to May 2005 (5 months) Greater New York City AreaArtist Management Intern @ From August 2004 to December 2004 (5 months) Greater New York City AreaCopyright Intern @ From May 2004 to August 2004 (4 months) Greater New York City AreaPublishing Intern @ From May 2003 to May 2004 (1 year 1 month) Greater New York City AreaArtist Management Intern @ From May 2002 to August 2002 (4 months) Greater Los Angeles Area
Master of Arts, Music Business @ New York University From 2003 to 2005 Bachelor of Arts, Vocal Music, Art History @ Southern Methodist University From 1999 to 2003 Michael Kirk Allen is skilled in: Product Marketing, International Sales, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Field Marketing, Production Management, Digital Media, Advertising, Music Licensing, Music Industry, Pro Tools, Film, Music, Entertainment, A&R, Recording, Production Managment, New Media, Social Media, Publishing, Publicity, Online Advertising, Marketing, Video
Looking for a different
Michael Kirk Allen?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension