Sr. Configuration Management Administrator @ BAE Systems
Configuration Management Analyst @ Raytheon Systems
Currently seeking employment opportunities.
Over 18 years of experience in Configuration Management and Quality Assurance. Accomplished in conducting audits and managing baselines to ensure hardware, documents, and processes meet company and program requirements. Able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Detail oriented, strong organization skills, ability to prioritize work, balance and complete complex
Currently seeking employment opportunities.
Over 18 years of experience in Configuration Management and Quality Assurance. Accomplished in conducting audits and managing baselines to ensure hardware, documents, and processes meet company and program requirements. Able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Detail oriented, strong organization skills, ability to prioritize work, balance and complete complex projects.
• Current and Active Top Secret/SCI/SSBI clearance with Counter Intelligence (CI) Polygraph
• Responsible for the conduct and execution of periodic audits of program hardware. Managed the program Configuration Management and Data Management libraries and baselines.
• Procured program hardware/software and managed the subsequent maintenance contracts.
• Performed pre-shipment and post-deployment inspections and audits of large-scale, high-performance, server systems for CONUS and OCONUS Intelligence Community locations.
• Experienced in the decommissioning, removal, and turn-in of excess Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) hardware.
Sr. Product Assurance Engineer @ Responsible for the administration and support of $7.8 million in program hardware, documentation, and maintenance baselines to include deployment and retirement of system hardware.
• Lead and conduct pre-shipment and post-deployment inspections and audits to ensure that program hardware installations and related documentation are current, accurate, and valid. Coordinate with Design Engineers, Installation Engineers, Logistics and Management to ensure that Bill of Materials (BOMs), hardware drawings, and installation documentation match the installed hardware per requirements. Provide follow-up QA reporting associated with identified discrepancies, conduct Lessons Learned Reviews, and track issues to closure/resolution.
• Procure hardware and software for the program. Manage subsequent maintenance contracts by tracking Periods of Performance, to include interacting with vendors, and generating Purchase Requests (PRs) for maintenance renewals.
• Facilitator of the Program Process Group (PPG) to ensure that program process documents are generated, maintained and current. Conduct QA process audits to ensure compliance to company processes and procedures.
• Provide administrative support for program Discrepancy Reports (DRs). Coordinate, update and monitor DR changes by providing daily/weekly DR status reports to program engineers, and supporting associated Engineering Review Boards (ERBs).
• Administer program Contract Data List Requirements (CDRL) document updates to include their review, release and subsequent distribution.
• Ensure that excess Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) hardware is properly dec ommissioned, removed, and disposed of, in accordance with government property guidelines. From January 2005 to January 2015 (10 years 1 month) Sr. Configuration Management Administrator @ Provided administration, tracking, and change control of program hardware assets and documentation.
• Coordinated program document updates to include their review, release and subsequent distribution. Managed and controlled the hardware baseline by performing inventory of new assets, audits of existing assets, and the disposition of excess assets.
• Monitored, tracked, and resolved Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and served as chairperson for the program Engineering Review Board (ERB).
• Provided assistance to the program Quality Assurance (QA) representative in performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) from start to finish,
• Administered the Program Process Group (PPG) and served as the Process Asset Librarian (PAL). Reviewed program Process Detail Instructions (PDIs). Developed and wrote new procedure documents when existing documents were not available.
• Provided support to the program’s Integrated Logistics Services (ILS) group in the receiving, transportation, and shipping of customer hardware. Performed as the assistant ILS Lead and acted as the ILS Lead in the Lead’s absence.
• Served as a Core Staffing Team representative to include staff meeting support, screening resumes for potential candidates, ensured candidate resumes were reviewed by management, coordinated and conducting interviews, and assisted new employees when they arrive on-site.
• Supported program contract proposal efforts in developing/writing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs) for CM and ILS activities.
• Maintained and updated the program’s webpage using HTML. From October 1999 to January 2005 (5 years 4 months) Configuration Management Analyst @ Provided the expertise required for configuration change administration, coordination, processing and tracking.
• Single point of contact for the disposition and review of all Division generated and assigned Requests for Change (RFCs). Reviewed RFCs to ensure that proposed changes were clear, concise, and valid. Distributed and coordinated RFCs for inputs to all impacted organizations, incorporated any subsequent impacts, and ensured that all requirements were met prior to presentation to Configuration Control Boards (CCBs). Prepared, scheduled, and conducted CCBs.
• Issued hardware/software/documentation Implementation Actions (IAs) and tracked them accordingly to ensure compliance. Represented the Division and provided support at various other scheduling and CCB meetings.
• Maintained and updated various CM documents and implementation procedure manuals as required.
• Generated tracking/status reports and conducted Configuration Item (CI) audits.
• Core Team member in the development, testing, and fielding of a new system-wide utilized Configuration Management Tool (CMT). Provided training to personnel in the use of the CMT tool.
• Provided backup to the Senior Configuration Analyst and the Associate Configuration Analyst responsible for Discrepancy Reports (DRs). From October 1987 to September 1999 (12 years) Washington D.C. Metro Area
BA, Graphic Design @ University of Arkansas From 1982 to 1987 Michael Irvin is skilled in: Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Active Top Secret Security Clearance, Security Clearance, Information Assurance, Process Improvement, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Earned Value Management, DoD, Defense, Integration, Government Contracting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension