President of Elite BNI, former President & VP of Hyde Park and Success Express Chapters @ BNI
Member @ Express Carriers Association
High School Diploma, Fine Arts and College Prep @
Mother of Mercy High School
My 18 years’ experience in banking began in 1990 as a teller with Society Bank. While earning my Bachelors Degree in Communications from the University of Cincinnati, I continued to be promoted. As an officer in the Private Banking Department, for example, I successfully called on many affluent business owners, doctors and lawyers. In 1999, I changed
My 18 years’ experience in banking began in 1990 as a teller with Society Bank. While earning my Bachelors Degree in Communications from the University of Cincinnati, I continued to be promoted. As an officer in the Private Banking Department, for example, I successfully called on many affluent business owners, doctors and lawyers. In 1999, I changed careers, devoting my concentration on advertising sales. In that capacity, I perfected my business-prospecting skills, and after 4 years, and winning many sales contests, I was awarded Sales Executive of the Year for 2002.
In 2003, I was offered a Business Banker position with Bank One. There, I learned more about business products and services than ever before. Along with assisting clients with deposit and loan products, I sold cash-management and merchant services.
I was then offered her a Retail position in a downtown branch for KeyBank in 2004. There, I was the Retail Leader for the Key4Women program--calling on women-owned businesses was my main focus. In 2005, I was the #1 RM in the United States, and in 2006, I was 4th in the nation and won RM of the year.
After two years with U.S. Bank selling Merchant Services, I realized that I was not employing my full potential in relationship selling.
In 2011, I joined Huntington National Bank as an Assistant Vice President in Business Banking. There I employed my business calling experience, love of networking, and extensive banking background and commitment to service to effectively make connections for my friends and clients.
I am very excited about my new position as an Account Executive at City Dash. This position allows me to use my business-to-business sales and networking abilities.
Specialties: Working with women-owned businesses, finding the right solutions for small businesses, networking, public speaking and training
Account Manager @ My goal is to help businesses with their immediate delivery, courier, LTL (Less Than Truckload), freight and trucking needs. Please contact me if your company is taking valuable employees away from their jobs to make deliveries, if you are using an overnight delivery service like UPS or FED X and would like to offer same day, or if you are interested in how City Dash can help you save time and increase customer satisfaction. From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) President of Elite BNI, former President & VP of Hyde Park and Success Express Chapters @ I was a member of the Hyde Park Chapter of Business Networking International for 4 1/2 years as the consumer and business banker and then as the cemetery/funeral sales representative. When I was made the Business Banking Specialist at Huntington Bank in 2011, I joined a BNI group in NKY where I served as the Vice President. Now, I am happy to be the president of the Elite BNI chapter in Dent, OH. From November 2004 to Present (11 years 2 months) Member @ From 2015 to 2015 (less than a year) Member @ From 2015 to 2015 (less than a year) Ambassador @ From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Ambassador @ From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Member @ From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Assistant Vice President Business Banking Division @ As Assistant Vice President/Business Banking Specialist, retain and expand all business banking relationships. Specific accomplishments:
• Top Performer: October 2011, March, April & June 2012
• Introduced connections to other bank departments resulting in $3M in new business
• Business Banker of choice for many CPAs, SCORE advisors and local attorneys
• Serve as bank’s representative to the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Small Business Development committee
• Sought after trainer and speaker of banking products, lending protocols and fraud prevention From July 2011 to September 2013 (2 years 3 months) Committee Member @ With the other committee members, I helped to plan the 6 annual events held to offer information and networking to small businesses. We chose topics, lined up speakers, created event notifications, found sponsors, donated door prizes, facilitated the meetings, made confirmation phone calls to attendees and drafted surveys. From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) Account Executive @ Partnered with 27 community branches, the Treasury Management Department and Business Bankers to offer credit card processing, gift card programs and electronic check services. Specific accomplishments:
• Top Performer: August 2009 and July 2010
• Exceeded goals: 103% of 2010 revenue goal and 135% of 2010 equipment goal From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Pre-planning Advisor for the Spring Grove Family @ Along with offering pre-planned funeral and cemetery services to consumers, I work with businesses to offer funeral policies as part of their employee benefits program. From October 2008 to June 2009 (9 months) Relationship Manager II @ I worked with consumers and businesses to ensure that they were in the right products that will help them meet their financial goals. I also specialized in working with Women Owned Businesses. From September 2004 to September 2008 (4 years 1 month) Account Executive @ Generated new accounts and grew existing advertising business in designated territory. Cross-sold alternative products to clients, to assist them in gaining valuable market share.
• Chosen Retail Sales Executive of the year for 2002.
• Increased annual revenue for assigned territory by 31% and monthly average active accounts by 126%.
• Received second place in annual sales contests held in 2002 and 1999. From 1999 to 2003 (4 years)
Bachelor's degree, Communications @ University of Cincinnati From 1992 to 1995 High School Diploma, Fine Arts and College Prep @ Mother of Mercy High School From 1984 to 1988 Mary Mendel is skilled in: Sales, Networking, Selling, Training, Customer Service, Management, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Business Development, Retail, Small Business, Social Networking, Time Management, Entrepreneurship, Loans