Regional Director of Human Resources @ Heavy Machines, Inc
An accomplished Human Resources Professional with more than 17 years of progressive experience. Able to enter an organization and learn the business quickly to make an immediate impact on business. Strong ability to develop trust, rapport and relationships. Special talent to ask questions to determine root causes and assist others in building consensus and finding out of
An accomplished Human Resources Professional with more than 17 years of progressive experience. Able to enter an organization and learn the business quickly to make an immediate impact on business. Strong ability to develop trust, rapport and relationships. Special talent to ask questions to determine root causes and assist others in building consensus and finding out of the box solutions to tough issues. Special ability to coordinate complex business details along matrix reporting structures and partner with both employees and leadership teams to provide service, consultation and support. My passion for excellence, high energy drive and creating the HR solutions to business operations ensure that I am seen as a trusted ally and confidential business partner to managers at all levels of the organization.
Director of Human Resources @ Development of Strategic Compliance, Recruitment and Retention, Training and Benefit Review for 160 employees in multi-state operations.
• Formulated the first Talent Management Program to include the recruitment of pools of candidates; streamlined recruitment processes; onboarding processes and career development programs for increased retention of newly hired and seasoned candidates.
• Researched, implemented and trained affected employees on compliance procedures following a DOL Audit in the areas of Compliance, Payroll, 401K, I-9 and Benefit Reviews.
• Create strong communication channels between HR and employees and HR and Managers.
• Update HR Functions to include implementing a new HRIS system, electronic personnel files, pay ranges, performance reviews, recordkeeping/retention guidelines and an increase of 401K participation by 57% in 10 months. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaDirector, Human Resources @ Senior Leader, Human Resources and Safety Operations for 475 multi-state, non-union employees.
• Project Lead on the research, negotiation and implementation of a new HCM system (ADP Workforce Now) resulting in streamlined processes, stronger data capturing and cost reduction.
• Implemented new Peak Season On-boarding Procedures for over 300 Temporary Employees for manufacturing facilities in Memphis, Tennessee and Newark, New Jersey locations.
• Creation of a call-in Open Enrollment process for 2014 Benefits to better educate employees, including remote employees, on their Benefit Packages.
• Evaluated current processes and procedures within the Human Resources Department to ensure consistent treatment of employees across many geographic regions.
• Created immediate strong relationships with all managers at sites under my responsibility to build the trust, rapport and teamwork between departments. From April 2013 to February 2014 (11 months) Greater Memphis AreaRegional Director of Human Resources @ Senior Leadership Member, overseeing Human Resources multi-site operations and initiatives for employees encompassing 11 states.
• Project Lead on the transition of 30 Independent Contractors to Seasonal Employees.
• Ensure that all Human Resources objectives were aligned with Business Operations objectives. Persuade operations when regulatory HR guidelines must be followed and ensured smooth transitions with little disruption to the business.
• Manage vendor contracts to include Relocation Packages, EAP, Staffing Agencies, Random Drug Screens, DOT Physicals and Requirements, and Wellness Programs.
• Design and successful implementation of first online benefits open enrollment process. From December 2012 to April 2013 (5 months) Director of Human Resources @ Senior Leadership Member, overseeing Human Resources operations and initiatives of 300 employees within a multi-site operation of medical, dental, pharmacy, administration and call center offices.
• Conducted extensive research and established new benefit options while maintaining current coverage and current employee contribution rates while reducing company expenses by 13%.
• Instituted recruitment protocols including standards for interviewing; performing background checks to minimize legal risks; succession planning; maintaining current employees; developing current workforce to increase retention while reducing annual recruitment costs by $18,000.
• Collaboration with employees and management teams on cost reduction strategies; trained front-line managers on understanding budgets and worked with the teams to execute the created plans.
• Established orientation programs to fit the specified requirements for each operation.
• Created the foundation for a performance management structure showing front line leadership how to engage their staff members to move towards becoming a high-performance organization.
• Directed a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design and forecasts manning while maintaining a constant watch on the pulse of the organization.
• Evaluated and began implementation of new HRIS/Payroll system.
• Researched and outsourced IT Department resulting in stronger IT service and new employment for the four displaced employees.
• Assisted in the evaluation of shared services for call center operations and billing department to determine if operating at full capacity and created a strategic game plan for each group. From January 2012 to December 2012 (1 year) Greater Memphis AreaDirector of Career Services @ Lead five-member team in the recruitment, placement and retention initiatives for the Department.
• Provided leadership, vision and direction for the Career Search of more than 500 students.
• Maintained a placement rate above 70% of all graduates securing careers in their field of study.
• Directed communication strategies for instructors and students regarding career development.
• Assisted graduates with various techniques to sustain employment. From July 2011 to January 2012 (7 months) Sales Consultant @ • Develop strategic sales plans and create and deliver sales training on building new business, perfecting cold calls, obtaining referrals and maintaining repeat business.
• Recruit and retain a sales force through innovative recruitment strategies. From July 2005 to July 2011 (6 years 1 month) Director of Human Resources @ Led a Human Resources Department that supported 500 employees in a Parish (County) Government environment. Supported Parish Administration which included departments such as Public Works, Animal Care and Control, Parks and Recreation; 12 Parish Commissioners and outside agencies to include the District Attorney’s Office, Juvenile Court, Registrar of Voters and District Court.
• Spearheaded Parish’s first reduction in force plan to reduce operational costs through departmental realignment, streamlining services offered.
• Established the recruitment process by collaboration with hiring managers resulting in a condensed the hiring timeframe by an average of 22 days per position.
• Created the first Supervisory Training Program along with Leadership Team Directors instituting mentorship and guidance to bring bench strength to second-line leadership positions.
• Created an aggressive approach to Worker’s Compensation, General Liability and Leave Programs such as FMLA to mirror internal vision and values.
• Developed and enforced protocols to lessen company liability in areas of discrimination, EEO, harassment, DOT drivers and DOL investigations.
• Onsite Safety Officer; led investigations to assess onsite accidents and incidents and worked with injured employees to ensure prompt return to work light-duty assignments. From April 2003 to July 2005 (2 years 4 months) Shreveport, Louisiana AreaHuman Resources Manager @ Responsible for leading the Human Resources Department that supported over 200 employees in a non-union flexible packaging high skilled manufacturing24/7facility.
• Created strategic partnerships with Operations to lead the facility through reorganizations to align the recently purchased facility to the organizational structure of Printpack.
• Developed an Educational Task Team to align training programs with the strategic needs of the facility. Developed, implemented and presented all training topics and training plans.
• Headed a Policy Compliance Program to ensure equity in the treatment of employees on such issues as disciplinary corrective actions, promotions, leave of absences and terminations.
• Instrumental in the transition to a 24/7 Operation through new equipment introduction, staffing plans, on-boarding processes and the introduction of 12-hour work shifts.
• Prepared the Annual Performance Evaluations, Affirmative Action Plan, OSHA 300 Logs, ISO 9001 and other compliance documentation. From July 1997 to March 2003 (5 years 9 months) Human Resources Manager @ Led human resources, safety and security, for 300 employees in a 24/7 chicken processing facility.
• Expertly managed a union election campaign and actively maintained a non-union workforce.
• Led plant safety operations to include worker’s compensation, safety audits and annual trainings.
• Formulated and recommended Human Resources Policies and Objectives for the company which contributed to fair and consistent treatment of employees. From 1995 to 1997 (2 years)
MBA, Business @ Louisiana State University in Shreveport From 1990 to 1996 Maria Eades is skilled in: Performance Management, Employee Relations, Executive Coaching, Employee Training, Change Management, HR Policies, Networking, Talent Management, Succession Planning, Deferred Compensation, Training, Management, Temporary Placement, Strategy, Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension