Associate of Arts and Sciences (A.A.S.), Network and System Administration/Administrator @
Estrella Mountain Community College
I am an incredibly passionate software engineer with an emphasis on mobile development and web technologies. In my spare time I develop video games for fun because I really love to create ideas and concepts to challenge others. I received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, a place that is so
I am an incredibly passionate software engineer with an emphasis on mobile development and web technologies. In my spare time I develop video games for fun because I really love to create ideas and concepts to challenge others. I received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, a place that is so beautiful and that I miss.
My most recent career opportunity has been with AdColony who was acquired by Opera Mediaworks. At AdColony I exercise skills using languages such as:
- Objective-C, Java
- Bash, and a Mac development environment
With these tools I solved many interesting and complex problems. A few projects that I have work on were:
- Developing dynamic end-cards that would be delivered to millions of viewers daily
- Maintaining and evolving the Unity3D plug-in that thousands of developers use
- Optimizing build and deployment processes to enable a faster software development pipeline
- I have played the lead role for the development, and automation of small projects.
And, it has been a true pleasure to work here.
At AAA I used languages like:
- C#, .Net framework, IIS, Batch-Script, Perl
- SQL and Logging tools tailored for specific monitoring
With these tools I developed and maintained an existing software architecture used for the long term storage and retrieval of mission critical customer data. A project I took lead on was developing an automated build and deploy process using Jenkins, IIS, and multiple remote servers in order to remove error prone sections from pipeline equation, saving time and money.
If you'd like to know more about my previous history, or more about me, feel free to ask!
- Java, JUnit, NUnit , PyUnit, Python, C, C++
- Unity, ASP.net, C#, XNA
- Batch-script, Bash, Powershell
- Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Git, Mercurial, Subversion (SVN)
- Windows, Mac, Linux
I was responsible for creating several open source tools within our organization in order to enable our development environment more efficiency for faster throughput on tasks. This was done for tools such Express.js, NodeSass, and custom libraries. These were published through the organization's GitHub and are available through the NPM registry, that I was responsible for maintaining.
I implemented the a private NPM repository for the organization in order to help ameliorate security concerns regarding in-house module development.
I spearheaded the initiative to implement a modular and configurable continuous integration and deploy environment. I led the effort to manage this process via version control through Git. This configuration was implemented using Jenkins and was configured to deploy to remote servers in the cloud. This deployment process required a single click to deploy to a Windows server environment leveraging IIS as the web server being deployed to. This satisfied every functional and design specification required.
I was responsible for leading the documentation efforts for the organization's existing software projects, as well as helping to generate diagrams that helped communicate process workflow. I was the executor that elevated the process pipeline so that it emphasized a higher visibility on project tasks as well as their current statuses.
- Windows, IIS
- Jenkins, Git
- Shell, Powershell, Bash
- Upcloud, Google Cloud
- Jira, Confluence, HipChat
- Sublime Text, WebStorm, Visual Studio
Languages and Libraries Used:
- HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap
- MongoDB, SQL From December 2014 to August 2015 (9 months) Software Engineer @ My role within AdColony is as a Software Engineer.
With AdColony I perform tasks such as:
- Developing for Dynamic Endcards(DECs)
- Distributed to millions of users daily
- Evolving and maintaining the AdColony Unity3D SDK Plug-in
- Used by thousands of developers
- Researching and developing of different software solutions for complex problems
- Creating and optimizing build and deploy pipeline
- Performed debugging and troubleshooting for complex run-time issues
- OS X, Linux
- Amazon Web Services, Heroku
- XCode, Android Studio, MonoDevelop
- Sublime Text
Languages and Libraries Used:
- HTML, CSS,
- Unity3D, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python From March 2014 to November 2014 (9 months) Application Developer I @ At AAA I worked in conjunction with a large team to maintain and evolve pre-existing independent long lived software architectures. This architecture was used for the storage and retrieval of mission critical data, without which daily operations would fail. This role required from me the ability to debug live software using logging and knowledge of software run-time in order to diagnose issues before they the user was affected. I took an independent role to implement and automate the build and deploy pipeline in order to remove errors from the process. I spearheaded a successful effort to reorganize an existing SVN codebase in order to be more manageable for developers. Using my web developer skills I created a website with which management of remote servers and their services could be controlled in order to help provide a faster and easier interface for the process.
- Subversion, Jenkins
- Windows, IIS
Languages and Libraries Used:
- C#, .Net framework,
- Batch-Script, Perl
- SQL, LogParserPlus, Log4Net
- Custom software created for logging, and administration of software and services From February 2013 to March 2014 (1 year 2 months) Student Worker Programmer @ Software developer for both front and back-end applications. Worked in conjunction with business analysts and supervisors to draft and create deliverables in an agile environment. Designed and implemented website components using various programming languages like:
- SQL/C#, PowerShell
Interacted with peers and supervisors in a positive environment to effectively complete projects in a timely manner. From January 2012 to March 2013 (1 year 3 months) Computer Technician @ With My Computer Works I served as remote support technician in order to provide and assist in the repair/maintenance of personal computers via telephone and broadband internet connections.
Clients would communicate their issues over the phone, and using my thorough understanding of operating system run-time, program environments, and security I would assist in resolving complex issues.
A very common task to perform would be adware/malware removal as well as configuring system protection to help prevent adware and malware from returning. If this was unsuccessful more aggressive action such as system formatting would occur. In some instances I would explain to users over the phone how to install new hardware for their systems.
Assisted and served as a customer service end-point. Used customer service skills to improve, maintain, and retain new and returning clientele. From June 2007 to December 2011 (4 years 7 months) Special Services @ Assist customers in placing, customizing, and receiving special items such as: doors, cabinets, and other miscellaneous household items. Received and cataloged inventory received from vendors, as well as signing for appropriate merchandise designated for the floor. Assisted in grand opening of the store. From January 2007 to June 2007 (6 months) Computer Technician @ Would drive to a customer’s location to assist in trouble shooting and repairing specific issues. Helped configure computers with anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Configured house routers for WEP and WAP encryption as well as Mac address filtering. Configured both scanners and printers for network and single computer use. Would occasionally assist in home theater installation. From September 2006 to January 2007 (5 months)
B.A., Computer Science @ Northern Arizona University From 2008 to 2011 Associate of Arts and Sciences (A.A.S.), Network and System Administration/Administrator @ Estrella Mountain Community College From 2005 to 2008 Logan Knecht is skilled in: Web Development, Front-end Development, Back-end Development, Development Tools, Developer Tools, Process Automation, Computer Science, Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Functional Design, Design Patterns, Programming, Software Development, Documentation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension