Senior game tools engineer @ IUGO Mobile Entertainment
Client Programmer @ Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Senior Software Engineer @ Mercury Content
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science - Real-Time Interactive Simulation @
Digipen Institute of Technology (USEK)
I am a versatile software engineer capable of adapting my programming and problem solving skills to a variety of problems. Initially majored in real time application programming in C/C++ (e.g. video games), I later branched into 3D visualization tools, mobile application development (iOS and Android), websites development and CMS (content management systems) solutions creation. This was the
I am a versatile software engineer capable of adapting my programming and problem solving skills to a variety of problems. Initially majored in real time application programming in C/C++ (e.g. video games), I later branched into 3D visualization tools, mobile application development (iOS and Android), websites development and CMS (content management systems) solutions creation. This was the result of changing market demand and it helped me acquire a wide skill set and a flexible approach to solving problems.
Even with the added experience I didn't lose sight of what i liked to do best, that is applying my low level programming skills to complex problems where efficiency and instant feedback is a requirement. My earlier work included problem solving using neural networks for a variety of tasks including pattern recognition and obstacle avoidance. I also made use of propositional logic in trying to solve dependencies among list of related items (relations modeled include logical AND and OR and grouping of such relations).
I have considerable experience in the educational field where I helped develop several fully fledged games for educational purposes in C and C++. I also did research related to 3D rendering techniques for visible surface determination and software implementation of techniques used in 3D hardware rasterisation.
My next job involved the creation of a virtual set application for use within a television network. The program required programming skills in several disciplines: tools and UI programming using MFC, advanced 3D graphics programming (HLSL and C++), multi-threaded programming and managing a team of programmers working on the project.
Specialties: 3D graphics, tools development, mobile application development, game development, object oriented design, artificial intelligence.
Client Programmer @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Coded a number of fully-fledged mobile applications for iOS and Android using several development environments including: Marmalade SDK, Corona SDK and Flash Professional. Challenges included adapting the applications to tablets and phones alike and integration with various social networks. Underlying OS differences had to be dealt with to ensure seamless operation across devices.
• Implemented a number of websites using different technologies including Adobe Flash, SilverStripe open source framework and HTML. When required, mobile versions of the sites were create in XHTML.
• Coded a number of CMS web applications used to populate the aforementioned websites using Adobe Flex for front-end programming while server side interactions were coded in PHP and MySQL. From June 2009 to March 2015 (5 years 10 months) Software Development Engineer @ Implemented a multifaceted virtual set application for use in a television network. The program was coded in C++ and required several different components to function. An integrated UI interface was created using Microsoft MFC technology. 3D graphics and effects were implemented using DirectX 9's HLSL shading language. Tying all that together is a multi-threaded environment build to enable real-time interaction and a WYSIWYG approach to visuals. From 2008 to May 2009 (1 year) Software Development Engineer @ • Designed and coded several fully-fledged games for educational purposes in C++ (targeted for PC).
• Coded in C an engine enabling complex 2D games to run on Sunplus's 16-bit micro-processor series.
• Developed several applications designed to demonstrate the machine learning capabilities of a new high level programming language. Neural networks and first order logic are some of the topics covered by those applications.
• Researched and implemented several techniques used in visible surface determination in 3D graphics. Additionally, did software implementations of algorithms used in 3D hardware rasterisation. The work was intended for educational purposes. From August 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Trainee @ From 2005 to 2005 (less than a year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension