Executive Vice President – Mining Operations @ Alpha Natural Resources
S.V.P. Technical Services and Operations Performance Group @ Alpha Natural Resources
V.P. of Asset Engineering @ Alpha Natural Resources
MS, Engineering Management @
Talented leader who leverages extensive career experience and education to consistently enhance organizational safety, productivity, and efficiencies. Energetically merges hands-on leadership with solid communication skills to continually motivate focused teams toward goal attainment. Known for providing a stabilizing influence, regardless of the situation. Embraces new challenges and employs exceptional problem-solving skills. Works well with people at all
Talented leader who leverages extensive career experience and education to consistently enhance organizational safety, productivity, and efficiencies. Energetically merges hands-on leadership with solid communication skills to continually motivate focused teams toward goal attainment. Known for providing a stabilizing influence, regardless of the situation. Embraces new challenges and employs exceptional problem-solving skills. Works well with people at all levels of the organization, including stakeholders, customers, and outside vendors. Comprehensive background includes 27 years in the energy business.
Strategic Planning Business Case Development
Highly Effective Leader / Motivator Exceptional Attention to Detail
Change Manager Operations & Project Management
Organizational Development Production Controls & Analysis
Contract Negotiations Root-Cause Problem Solving
Executive Vice President – Mining Operations @ • Member of Executive Management Team
• Manage approximately 76 million tons of annual coal production from underground room and pillar, underground longwall, and surface mines located in WV, VA, KY, PA, and WY.
• Direct coal reserve development and capital planning, 3.9 billion ton reserve base and $250 million annual capital spend, to support ongoing and future mining opportunities.
• Direct the Operations Performance Group (OPG) which provides production engineering, maintenance, coal preparation, engineering standards, and technical support to all Alpha Operations. Activities yielded $145 million in additional operating opportunity in 2014.
• Experienced communicator and presenter from the board room to the shop floor.
• Manage idled properties and work with M&A to divest or secure assets as needed.
• Direct the Running Right Leadership Academy, a $25 million training facility that focuses on safety, technical, and operational workforce training. From January 2015 to Present (9 months) Bristol, VirginiaS.V.P. Technical Services and Operations Performance Group @ • Lead cross functional teams that evaluated operations to determine best practices. Develop best practice standards and train operations on these standards; the Operations Performance Group.
• Responsible for production equipment asset management including maintenance standards, replacement and rebuild equipment, and six internal rebuild shops.
• Lead and direct production efficiency engineering standards development and deployment at mining operations.
• Responsible for technical engineering support group which provided power and controls engineering, geology, mine ventilation, mechanical, and ACAD support to all production operations.
• Assisted in design and managed construction and development of the Running Right Learning Academy, a $25 million training facility. Assist in identification of staff and initial training program development.
• Developed annual department budgets to support the OPG engineering group, $21 million in annual spend. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Julian, West VirginiaV.P. of Asset Engineering @ From June 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 4 months) Julian, WVV.P. of Maintenance @ From May 2008 to May 2011 (3 years 1 month) Director of Maintenance @ From May 2003 to May 2008 (5 years 1 month) Massey Coal ServicesAssistant Maintenance Manager @ From May 2000 to May 2003 (3 years 1 month) Assistant Maintenance Superintendent @ From September 1997 to May 2000 (2 years 9 months) Maintenance Foreman @ From February 1995 to September 1997 (2 years 8 months) Electrician @ From July 1994 to February 1995 (8 months) Summer Intern @ From May 1993 to August 1993 (4 months) Crew Leader @ From December 1991 to May 1993 (1 year 6 months) Intern @ From June 1989 to December 1991 (2 years 7 months)
MBA, Business @ Marshall University From 2007 to 2009 MS, Engineering Management @ Marshall University From 2000 to 2004 BS, Electrical Engineering @ West Virginia University Institute of Technology From 1997 to 2000 BS, Physics @ Marshall University From 1989 to 1994 Keith Hainer is skilled in: Purchasing, Negotiation, Inventory Management, Budget, Team Building, Team Leadership, Management, Project Planning, Procurement, Maintenance, Change Management, Contract Management, Program Management, Microsoft Office, Continuous Improvement, Budgets, Training, Maintenance & Repair, Mining, Coal, Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension