Senior IT QA Tester Analyst @ Black Knight Financial Services
Testing Specialist @ Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Associate of Arts (A.A.), Business Administration and Management, General, 3.8 @
Florida Junior College Jacksonville, FL
Solution-focused, team oriented, Information Technology professional with twelve years of experience. Experience in Business and System Analyst work, QA Testing, Project Management, interviewing and approving new resources for various teams, mentoring and providing input for building successful teams Performs effectively under high-pressure situations and maintains highest ethical standards. Business background in Health Insurance claims administration, Human Resources
Solution-focused, team oriented, Information Technology professional with twelve years of experience. Experience in Business and System Analyst work, QA Testing, Project Management, interviewing and approving new resources for various teams, mentoring and providing input for building successful teams Performs effectively under high-pressure situations and maintains highest ethical standards. Business background in Health Insurance claims administration, Human Resources Benefits administration, and mortgage servicing. Strong skillsets to build strong relations with internal and external partners. Flexibility to work independently and/or with team members.
•Strong understanding in Agile, RUP, RAD, and waterfall methodology in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
•SCRUM meetings facilitation.
•Analysis of functional and technical documentation in order to develop testing strategies for medium and large scale applications.
•Unit, system, acceptance, configuration, smoke, performance, functional, integration, middle-ware, back-end and regression testing.
.Management with in- house and out-sourced vendor management projects.
•Web-based (ASP.net) and client server applications.
•Balancing priorities on multiple projects and release schedules in a fast-paced environment.
•Daily, weekly and monthly reporting including defect to ratio reporting, burn-down, unplanned and planned down time metrics, daily statistics with release schedules.
•Project Central ( Change Management Tracking System)
•Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Professional
•MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visual Studio
•Team Foundation Server (Project Management)
•SQL Server, AQT, Quest for DB2
•Version Manager, Mercury Test Director, IBM Rational Testing Tools, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, PVCS Tracker, Team Foundation Server
•RUP Artifact Repository
•Unix, XML, and HTML.
IT QA Lead @ • Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents (Estimate, QA Test Plan, and Closure Report, Meeting minutes) are maintained and documented.
• Maintain the test library, test sets, requirement traceability, defects, and adhoc reports in QA Complete.
• Analyze requirements and identify any gaps for testing
• Forecast/Estimate QA effort for projects, enhancements, and change requests.
• Coordinate test environment set-up with the developer
• Escalate issues to Project Manager for review
• Organize daily stand-ups to review the team’s status.
• Track and report testing activities, testing results, test coverage, resource coverage, defect status, and performance baselines on a daily basis
• Single Point of Contact between development and testers for iterations, testing and deployment of code
• Organize and conduct internal trainings on the mainframe system, validation using queries, the QA software tracking tools
• Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes and procedures for testing as established as per QA standards defined by the organization
• Step in as tester to insure that the testing initiative is finished on schedule. From June 2015 to November 2015 (6 months) Jacksonville, Florida AreaSenior IT QA Tester Analyst @ •Project Lead on multiple concurrent projects.
•Conduct daily SCRUM including product owners and QA team.
•Application representative in Desktop daily SCRUM. This included all iterations of the release.
•Accessed risk analysis of the regression testing effort at the end of each release and reporting to the QA Manager.
•Interviewed and made recommendations for building an offshore team to take over regression test beds.
•Trained the offshore team on the mainframe and web-based system. Created user friendly documents for reference.
•Spear-headed project to recreate testing artifacts for apps being moved from a main-frame platform to a web-based application. This freed up resources to concentrate on one platform and eliminate the other platforms.
•Develop and Maintain Test Plan that defines actions, deliverables, and procedures to meet user quality and requirements for assigned projects.
•Create, modify and execute manual test cases from functional and non-functional requirements that emulate real business transactions.
•Create and data mine for loan conditions for test scenarios using SQL and or AQT.
•Analyze testing results; identify causes for test failure by working with and across various business segment teams.
•Record, report and track defects and/or bugs in Team Foundation Server.
•Prepare, condition, and manage test data files (.txt, .xml) for various back-end validations.
•Test conditions of loans in the main-frame (MSP) and validate updates in the web application.
•Make recommendations to improve product reliability and performance.
•Worked with the automation team to automate regression test cases.
•Responsible for support of Client’s UAT testing effort in our mainframe and web-based platforms. From September 2007 to June 2015 (7 years 10 months) Jacksonville, Florida AreaTesting Specialist @ • Developed testing strategies and related artifacts based on minimal requirements.
• Mentored development team in creation of test cases.
• Review requirements identify defects and offer alternative solutions.
• Back end testing of reports and results of the Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) process.
• Used SQL queries to validate the back end testing results. From October 2006 to June 2007 (9 months) Jacksonville, Florida AreaSystems Analyst @ • Analysis of plans requirements to create detailed functional specifications for the development team.
• Create, organize and verify overall test plans including test cases, test scripts, and test scenarios.
• Request jobs in order to set up test environment, execute test cases, determine expected results and document actual test case results.
• Identify specific test scenarios utilizing SQL and Access.
• Defect reporting using PVS Tracker. Create reports of defects found for reviews with the development team, the business analysts, and project manager.
• Develop data conversion mapping and perform records reconciliation.
• Perform data analysis of conversion, incoming data feeds and outgoing extracts.
• Create training sessions for end user.
• Responsible for collaborating testing efforts with third party vendors. From June 2002 to October 2006 (4 years 5 months) Jacksonville, Florida AreaSenior Claims Specialist @ • Provide operational support for the processing and adjudication of complex claims.
• Knowledge includes medical terminology, CPT, HCPC, ICD-9, DRG, and UB-04.
• Lines of business include HMO, PPO, EPO, Indemnity, and Medicare supplement.
• Responsible for all Medicare issues and resolutions.
• Administered and lead team for large accounts.
• Create training sessions for the operational team. From December 1989 to February 2002 (12 years 3 months) Jacksonville, Florida Area
Bachelor of Science, Management Information Systems @ University of Phoenix From 1999 to 2001 Associate of Arts (A.A.), Business Administration and Management, General, 3.8 @ Florida Junior College Jacksonville, FL From 1986 to 1988 Kathy Moran is skilled in: SDLC, Testing, Test Planning, SharePoint, Visio, Quality Assurance, Agile Methodologies, Manual Testing, ETL, DB2, SQL, Test Cases, Waterfall, Scrum, MS Project, Team Leadership, Software Testing Life Cycle
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension