Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary and International Business Development @ Objective Interface Systems, Inc.
Vice President, International Corporate Development @ America Online, Inc.
Vice President, Senior International Counsel @ Viacom Inc.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Vice President, General Counsel and International Business Development @ Executive in charge of legal affairs and international business development of this rapidly growing technology company that provides high-performance technologies for constructing high-performance and secure communications systems from tiny embedded systems to multi-enterprise, large-scale cloud computing infrastructure. From September 2003 to Present (12 years 4 months) Vice President,
Vice President, General Counsel and International Business Development @ Executive in charge of legal affairs and international business development of this rapidly growing technology company that provides high-performance technologies for constructing high-performance and secure communications systems from tiny embedded systems to multi-enterprise, large-scale cloud computing infrastructure. From September 2003 to Present (12 years 4 months) Vice President, International Corporate Development @ Executive in charge of international business development and strategy. Led teams of professionals in negotiating and closing deals and in developing new product strategies for global markets.
- Negotiated Internet, marketing, content, e-commerce and infrastructure deals, including wireless data, broadband, satellite, Internet on-demand video and new TV channels.
- Developed and implemented long-range strategic plans for AOL International.
- Launched AOL in new international markets and developed new strategic partners.
- Negotiated and closed mergers & acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and strategic partnerships. From 1999 to 2003 (4 years) Vice President, Senior International Counsel @ Chief international lawyer for Viacom and its business units, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Television, MTV Networks, Nickelodeon, Simon & Schuster, Showtime Networks, Paramount Parks, Blockbuster Entertainment Group and Spelling Entertainment.
• Structured and negotiated acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, licensing transactions and financings for Viacom business units globally.
• Advised senior executives on strategic and legal issues of international development and operations.
Senior International Counsel of Blockbuster Entertainment Group from 1993 - 1995, and Acting General Counsel of Blockbuster during 1997.
Responsible for all legal activities of Blockbuster and its subsidiaries outside of the US. Structured and negotiated 18 deals including joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures, development agreements and franchise relationships ranging from $500K to $65 million each.
• Launched or expanded Blockbuster in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, Central America, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Spain, Thailand, the United Kingdom and Venezuela.
• Reorganized and restructured Blockbuster’s international music retailing joint venture with Virgin Megastores in Europe, the United States and Australia.
• Supervised day-to-day legal matters in company-owned or joint-ventured operations in 10 countries. From 1993 to 1999 (6 years) Associate @ Associate in the Corporate Department.
New York: 1986-1988
Structured, negotiated and closed transactions from $2 million to $2.7 billion. Negotiated and closed leveraged buyouts, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, corporate reorganizations, IPOs, private debt and equity placements, limited partnerships, leveraged aircraft leases, term and revolving credit facilities.
Transactions also included cross-border M&A of public/private companies, international joint ventures, multi-currency commercial lending facilities, cross-border leveraged leasing of commercial aircraft, international intellectual property licensing, and multinational corporate tax planning for tax-efficient structuring of international operations. From 1986 to 1993 (7 years) Visiting Lecturer in Law @ Visiting Lecturer in Law.
Courses taught: English contract law, English corporate law, English tax law, English commercial law and an introductory seminar on the English legal system. From 1984 to 1986 (2 years) Associate @ Associate in the Corporate and Litigation Departments. From 1983 to 1984 (1 year)
J.D. @ Harvard Law School From 1980 to 1983 B.A., Economics and Political Science @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign From 1976 to 1980 Joseph Jacob is skilled in: Licensing, Intellectual Property, Mergers, Joint Ventures, Strategic Partnerships, Entertainment Law, New Media, New Business Development, Strategic Planning, International Law, International Business Development, Leveraged Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Negotiation, Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension