Global Senior Supply Development / Quality Engineer @ WMS Gaming
Advanced Supplier Quality Specialist Contractor @ Chrysler LLC world headquarters
Masters, Management @
North Park University
An accomplished results-oriented professional with over 15 years’ experience in global QMS, project management & supply chain. A proven record for successful management of a domestic and international supplier base (North America, Europe and Asia). Visiting over 450 suppliers around the globe, exceptional collaborator able to bridge internal, customer and supplier interests. Experienced in developing, implementing and
An accomplished results-oriented professional with over 15 years’ experience in global QMS, project management & supply chain. A proven record for successful management of a domestic and international supplier base (North America, Europe and Asia). Visiting over 450 suppliers around the globe, exceptional collaborator able to bridge internal, customer and supplier interests. Experienced in developing, implementing and executing supplier QMS. Manage consolidation of a commodity base, ensuring supplier quality and customer satisfaction was maintained. I am a team leader with the ability to negotiate, motivate, guide and encourage others to surpass objectives while building a functional team.
Global Supplier Development @ • Monitor Supplier Performance, OTD, facilitate supplier improvement plans.
• Maintain QSL documentation, audit schedule and requirements, participant on SRB.
• Train global suppliers on internal processes and updating requirements (supplier handbook).
• Lead, create and support supplier QMS & HSE assessments and performance evaluations.
• Supplier Liaison for QNs & field non-conformances
• Launch 8D process, investigate problems, evaluate root cause & assess to ensure actions were completed and are effective (2012 - 198 QNs issued, 2014 - 48 QNs) 74% reduction.
• Create programs to streamline supplier development & ZD capable processes.
• Develop & implement PPAP across global supply base (3 completed 100% on time). From June 2012 to February 2015 (2 years 9 months) Global Senior Supply Development / Quality Engineer @ Sept 2010 – Global Senior Supplier Development /Quality Engineer
• Visit global suppliers to assess QMS and HSE capabilities and report whether required standards can & are reasonably met and maintained.
• Ensures supplier’s overall system continually improves meeting customer requirements.
• Reduce quality non-conformances (NCR) and cost of poor quality (SPC, Lean, ISO, Six Sigma) and validate improvements through defined measurables.
• Develop and execute problem-solving process to minimize process variation ensuring consistence.
• Create and implement supplier quality manual, yearly conference, lunch and learn .
• Lead team & build supplier quality assessment program to evaluate potential and existing suppliers. From September 2010 to July 2012 (1 year 11 months) Greater Chicago AreaAdvanced Supplier Quality Specialist Contractor @ • Customer advocate for CN’s while driving communication with engineering and suppliers.
• Conduct supplier audits while prepping for new launches and releases.
• Engage CN collaboration process ensuring S2/PDR/V1 PPAP timing integrity maintained.
• Liaison between Belvidere /Auburn Hills with all program issues and timing violations.
• Coordinated the 3 launches of the Chrysler Caliber, Patriot and Compass for the new 2011 release for all interior components and all chemical components within the vehicles.
• Managed all dimensional and appearance reviews for all components and assemblies. From June 2010 to September 2010 (4 months) Senior Program / Project Manager now Volunteer @ • On site food distribution
• Replenishment of all products
• Distribution of clothing, personal care and home goods
• Unload weekly deliveries from the greater Chicago food depository and local chain food stores and categorizing of onsite donations
• Process, package, and deliver food to the elderly, disabled and homebound
• Overall assistance of facility maintenance From May 2009 to June 2010 (1 year 2 months) Senior Program / Project Manager @ • Coordinated cross functional and cross divisional activities in order to ensure distribution of information, launch readiness and adherence to deadlines and on time launch.
• Coordinated 42 product launches working with major OE customers, cancellation of obsolete parts (283 part numbers cancelled), establish new parts (created 462 new parts) 94% on time.
• Managed, tracked and reported on product/vehicle launches, total cost of ownership of inventory, tracked over 1,600 engineering changes and 14 plant transfers (over 240 transfer part numbers) by working with customers (internal and external), internal sales, planning, purchasing all materials, customer service for overall fulfillment of orders.
• Primary contact for all OES customer corrective actions (response time went from 0% on time to 90% on time response) to minimize Bosch exposure and risk, closed over 80 customer CARs.
• Negotiated a 3% cost reduction from sister facilities and stocking program.
• Responsible for the execution of the OES Program, and Secondary Processes for assigned world wide business units. From March 2007 to April 2009 (2 years 2 months) Global Senior Supplier Development / Quality Engineer @ • Work with supply chain management to develop, implement and improve supplier quality, requirements and supplier performance for global locations.
• Build and lead supplier quality program, ensuring all outsourced manufacturing, ordering and fulfillment met Bosch specifications.
• Worked with over 92 third party suppliers to reduce nonconformances & associated costs, conducted audits and managed CAR process.
• Reduced supplier quality issues by 23% in the remanufacturing program (6 suppliers) within 1 year.
• Bring 10% of our supply base onboard with traceability on remanufactured product lines.
• Supported, modify and assess supplier rating system, on time delivery and packaging requirement.
• Design supplier continuous improvement training program with ASQ for 8D, root cause, lean and 5S.
• Monitored operations to assure QMS compliance, lead water pump program qualification in China.
• Developed top 10 suppliers overall first pass acceptance from 33.6% to 54.3%. From October 2004 to March 2007 (2 years 6 months) Quality Supervisior / Supplier Quality @ • Responsible for setting up the quality system and creating procedures to ensure that quality and total customer satisfaction was achieved, managed 30 technicians and quality engineers.
• Lead over 128 supplier corrective action requests and closed all quality concerns.
• Developed SQ system, incoming process (2000 PN), supplier audit program & PPAP process.
• Conducted 12 procedure applicable internal quality audits and reported findings.
• Led the MRB (Material Review Board) over 1400 entries were logged in the MRB area.
• Managed SRIS (Supplier Rating Information System).
• Led continuous improvement team within the quality organization including 5S and lean.
• Served as the liaison for customer and third party inspection firm of 50 employees.
• Monitored and reported all nonconforming material for the location, reporting to senior management. From September 2003 to October 2004 (1 year 2 months) Buyer @ •• Responsible for purchasing over $18 million in production / service parts for 10 facilities.
• Negotiated LTA with key suppliers / implement net 90 for 60% of supply base.
• Head consolidation project outsourcing 100 vendors to 1 distribution center, streamline ordering process, cut carrying costs and reduce supply base maintenance cost $150,000 annual.
• Achieved a 5% cost reduction with my 31 major suppliers and cut tooling maintenance cost by 50%
• Prepared, negotiated and managed RFQ, LTA, T’s and C’s.
• Ensured proper supplier involvement during product development for optimized part design while serving as the primary liaison between customers and suppliers on each project. From November 2001 to September 2003 (1 year 11 months) Supplier quality engineer @ • Responsible for 72 manufacturing vendors to ensure materials met all production standards, assisting in improving quality management systems and purchasing processes.
• Collected samples of defective products/materials to qualify the impact to manufacturing.
• Initiated corrective actions and performed follow up.
• Determined level and approved over 208 PPAP parts, paperwork and packaging.
• Conducted 130 supplier visits (over 100 supplier audits) following six sigma process and BMCA requirements.
• Sorted suspect materials to ensure continual production (over 500 rejections). From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Supplier Quality Engineer @ • Initiated corrective action process & implemented at supply base, reduced incoming rejections by 14%.
• Championed the approval of over 200 PPAP parts, validation and documentation.
• Team lead to create supplier audit process / requirements & conducted over 100 supplier audits.
• Responsible for 72 vendors, ensure materials met production standards, improve QMS.
• Create lunch and learn program, participate in supplier conference, supplier manual format. From January 2000 to November 2001 (1 year 11 months) Quality Engineer @ • Responsible for developing, initiating and managing quality procedures
• Oversaw and verified shift production operators and Quality Coordinators
• Trained quality staff in Singapore and Malaysia in QS9000 requirements. From May 1997 to January 2000 (2 years 9 months) Supplier Quality Engineer @ • Responsible for day-to-day production quality, and assisting customers with quality issues. From May 1995 to May 1997 (2 years 1 month)
CQA, Supplier Development / Auditing, Pass @ ASQ From 2013 to 2013 Masters, Management @ North Park University From 2009 to 2013 Certificate, Certificate in Conflict Management @ North Park University From 2011 to 2012 Certificate, Certificate in Organizational Development @ North Park University From 2010 to 2011 Certificate, Certificate in Leadership @ North Park University From 2009 to 2010 Certificate, Project Management Certificate @ Loyola University Chicago Project Management Certificate,BA, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing @ Governors State University From 1996 to 2000 John E. Gaspari II is skilled in: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Quality Management, Process Improvement, Quality System, Manufacturing, ISO, Strategic Sourcing, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvement, Networking, Kaizen, Global 8D, Supplier Quality
Looking for a different
John E. Gaspari II?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension