Postgraduate Certificate in Education @
University of York
I am an experienced IT leader, with a proven track record gained within market-leading international businesses, which include De Beers, Bunzl PLC and Philips Electronics, spanning a twenty-five year period. I am an IT professional with excellent experience of delivering both change and operational services in fast-moving, customer-service focused businesses in the UK, mainland Europe and Southern
I am an experienced IT leader, with a proven track record gained within market-leading international businesses, which include De Beers, Bunzl PLC and Philips Electronics, spanning a twenty-five year period. I am an IT professional with excellent experience of delivering both change and operational services in fast-moving, customer-service focused businesses in the UK, mainland Europe and Southern Africa. My areas of expertise include the following:
- IT strategy development and alignment
- IT team building and reorganisation, including creation of IT shared services
- Programme management/delivery, including creation of Project/Programme Management Office
- ERP and bespoke business application development, with significant success in digital solutions
- Stabilisation of IT operations and IT process turnaround
- Outsourcing: IT infrastructure hosting/operations and application development/support
- 3rd party vendor management, including trouble-shooting performance and contract negotiation
- Multi-£M budget control
I offer interim IT leadership services to organisations who require an interim IT Director/CIO to develop or re-align IT strategy, to stabilise their IT operations or transform their IT organisation, or to design and deliver change programmes.
Interim CIO/IT Director @ Interim IT Director at Peabody, Aug '14 - Feb '15 inclusive:
- Developed new IT Strategy to support delivery of the 2014-17 Business Plan, stabilised IT operations, restructured IT organisation, introduced key IT processes incl. incident, change & risk management and recruited permanent successor.
- Associate at Mosaic Island.
IT consultancy/advisory, July ’13 – June ‘14:
- Various assignments, subject to NDA, conducting pre-acquisition IT due diligence From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) London, United KingdomIT Director @ Responsible for leadership of IT within world’s largest producer of rough diamonds, with annual revenues of $6.8 billion, providing information systems and IT infrastructure services to De Beers' midstream and downstream operations globally From September 2008 to March 2013 (4 years 7 months) IT & Programme Director @ From April 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 6 months) IT Director @ From September 2006 to April 2007 (8 months) Director of IT, Europe & Australasia @ Responsible for leadership of IT within international provider of value added distribution and outsourcing solutions, with annual revenues of £3.3 billion, providing information systems and IT infrastructure services to Bunzl's multiple businesses across multiple market sectors in UK, mainland Europe & Australasia From 1999 to 2006 (7 years) IT & Quality Manager @ Responsible for leadership of IT and quality management within UK sales, marketing & after-sales service operation of Philips Consumer Electronics, with annual revenues of £250 million From 1994 to 1999 (5 years) Senior Consultant @ From 1994 to 1994 (less than a year) Consultant/Senior Systems Analyst @ From 1989 to 1994 (5 years) PC Software Trainer @ From 1987 to 1988 (1 year)
MSc Information Technology @ Kingston UniversityPostgraduate Certificate in Education @ University of YorkBA (Hons), French with additional Philosophy @ University of ExeterEpsom College Jeremy Newell is skilled in: Change Management, Business Transformation, Software Development, Programme management, Business Integration, Operational leadership, ERP selection & deployment, IT Transformation, IT due diligence, Strategic outsourcing, Outsourcing, Operations Management, Program Management, Project Management, Leadership