Senior Principal Systems Engineer @ Cubic Corporation
Senior Principal Software Engineer @ Cubic
Master of Science (MS), Software Engineering @
Carnegie Mellon University
To continue to work with and develop innovative Model Driven approaches to software engineering. To use these skills to drive and produce quality engineering, while reducing complexity and increasing the interoperability of systems, particularly in the mission and safety critical domains. To work at a company that supports continued educational development at the highest levels, to always
To continue to work with and develop innovative Model Driven approaches to software engineering. To use these skills to drive and produce quality engineering, while reducing complexity and increasing the interoperability of systems, particularly in the mission and safety critical domains. To work at a company that supports continued educational development at the highest levels, to always improve.
• 20 years of software development ranging from server based web oriented business to model driven embedded safety critical development. Leverage process and patterns to build the correct system that maximizes value.
• Experience with MBSE and SOS, SOA and MDA as well as MACRO architectural and MICRO design pattern applications across both procedural and objected oriented languages that brings unique perspective to ensuring the quality of resulting development.
• Experience in CMMI5 statistical and historical estimation process, knowledge of what data should be recorded to build accurate predictable models and how to improve them.
• Experience not only developing modeling & coding standards but also in training and mentoring teams across many departments, improving collaboration and eliminating duplicated engineering effort, more than a single contributor.
• Chairman, SD IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, 2010 to Present
• UCS Working Group – Company representative & member
• Open Group FACE consortium member – Data Model Group
• Alumni Representative Academic Advisory Board, B.S.C.S, National University
Languages: C/C++, C#, SQL, Python, Java Script, B Language, Z/Object Z, UML, SOAML, SysML
Software: Enterprise Architect, Magic Draw, RTOS, SQL, CUDA, BOOST, LAPACK, Qt, WxWidgets
Senior Principal Software Engineer @ Making improvements to tooling, metrics collection and process as well as proposing architectural refactoring to more net centric and interoperable platform agnostic pattern based solutions. Working with Legacy C#, managed and unmanaged C++ embedded systems. Linking Function point estimation, Historical and three point estimations to Domain based modeling of capabilities and use cases to WBS and bug reporting. Created tool chain with automated collections of metrics that measure all non-functional requirements to include architectural modularization defect and reuse, changing engineering process to reflect a “product driven” perspective where quality is paramount. Leveraging relevant SEI techniques such as GQM, ATAM and IEEE Software Engineering standards such as 42010 to organize and link artifacts
*San Diego Engineering representative of the CUBIC Transportation Systems Architecture Steering Group, defining corporate level systems standards and process.
*Created integrated tool chain for Metrics, Requirements, Architecture, WBS, Estimation and Defects. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Greater San Diego AreaSoftware Engineer @ From September 2010 to May 2015 (4 years 9 months) Senior Principal Developer @ From October 2008 to September 2010 (2 years) Owner @ From March 2002 to December 2009 (7 years 10 months) Senior Developer @ From January 2005 to September 2008 (3 years 9 months) Senior Software Engineer / DBA @ From May 2004 to May 2005 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineer @ From June 2002 to January 2004 (1 year 8 months) Senior Software Engineer @ From September 1999 to September 2001 (2 years 1 month) Intern - Developer @ From January 1994 to August 1999 (5 years 8 months) Marine @ From February 1993 to January 1999 (6 years)
Master of Science (MS), Software Engineering, 4.0 @ Carnegie Mellon University From 2013 to 2015 B.S, Computer Science, 3.67 @ National University Jason Duran is skilled in: UML, C++, Linux, Software Engineering, C#, Design Patterns, ASP.NET, Multithreading, Software Development Life Cycle, SQL, C, Systems Engineering, Software Development, Testing, Python
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension