Head of Insurance Strategy, Customer and Digital @ Westpac Group
Senior Product Manager @ Westpac Group
North Sydney Boys High School
Head of Insurance Strategy, Customer and Digital @ Responsible for driving a coordinated Insurance strategy, improving overall customer engagement and advancing digital adoption and activation across all Westpac/BT's Insurance businesses (General, Life, Lenders Mortgage) From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Product Manager @ Overall end to end P&L responsibility for Westpac Group's CCI and
Head of Insurance Strategy, Customer and Digital @ Responsible for driving a coordinated Insurance strategy, improving overall customer engagement and advancing digital adoption and activation across all Westpac/BT's Insurance businesses (General, Life, Lenders Mortgage) From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Product Manager @ Overall end to end P&L responsibility for Westpac Group's CCI and Sourced Products (eg Motor, Travel, Business) including multi-channel acquisition and retention, product development and management, pricing, marketing/campaign management, contract negotiations, claims and operations, From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Sydney, AustraliaSenior Manager, Business Planning & Practice @ Developed and operationalised the 3 year general insurance strategy and ensured the smooth running of the overall business. Responsibilites included strategic planning, board reporting, risk and regulatory management, third party relationships, dispute resolution, employee engagement and continuous improvement. From February 2010 to June 2013 (3 years 5 months) Sydney, AustraliaManager, Advisory Team (Actuarial Services) @ * Reviewed a health insurer’s affinity business model and developed a tool that enabled analysis of historic and future profitability by sales channel, affinity group, region and product.
* Independent review of a construction company’s offshore captive insurer. This included reserving, pricing, scenario testing and total cost of risk analysis review.
* Constructed statutory pricing and financial condition reports for various health insurers.
* Reviewed a mining company’s global insurance and risk management program.
* Managed a project relating to the merger between two private health insurers. This involved planning, budgeting, relationship management and time management.
* Presented the financial and business impact of a legislative change to various levels of management of a large insurer.
* Assessed the financial benefits and costs associated with the proposed construction of a museum. This involved staff and visitor attendance modelling, funding analyses and transforming of financial data into presentable and relevant information.
* Developed a sensitivity projection model for a National School that looked at various funding options. From April 2007 to February 2010 (2 years 11 months) Actuarial Analyst, Corporate and Capital Management Team @ • Pricing, reserving, and claims experience analysis of two health insurance businesses
• Report analysis outcomes to business
• Investment board papers and monitor the MBF Groups’ investment performance
• Profitability testing and sensitivity analysis on new products
• Excel, SAS and Access extensively used in the carrying out of all statutory and ad-hoc tasks From January 2004 to March 2007 (3 years 3 months) Analyst, Actuarial Management Solutions Team @ • Worked on projects involving the valuation of outstanding claims for different lines of business e.g. CTP, workers comp, engineering insurance.\
• Carried out dynamic financial analysis for an asset mix recommendations project.
• Analysed the Australian large court awards related to personal injury and CTP claims.
• Evaluated the impact of legislation changes to CTP claims amounts by analysing the cost make up of whiplash claims. From July 2003 to December 2003 (6 months) Analyst, Fixed Interest and Dealing Team @ • Developed and implemented a systemised solution for reporting the transaction cost analysis (TCA) of a trade and dealer desks’ value-add to fund performance
• Regularly used Excel, Visio Professional, Iress and Bloomberg From December 2001 to January 2002 (2 months)
Bachelor of Commerce, Actuarial Studies and Finance, Distinction @ University of New South Wales From 2001 to 2004 High School, 99.95 UAI @ North Sydney Boys High School From 1995 to 2000
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension