President & CEO @ Gary Tyreman brings more than 20 years of executive leadership to his role as the President and CEO of Univa Corporation. As CEO, he leads all of Univa’s global operations and is the architect of Univa's data center automation strategy, which combines the deep expertise of Grid Engine with Univa's solutions for optimizing
President & CEO @ Gary Tyreman brings more than 20 years of executive leadership to his role as the President and CEO of Univa Corporation. As CEO, he leads all of Univa’s global operations and is the architect of Univa's data center automation strategy, which combines the deep expertise of Grid Engine with Univa's solutions for optimizing and managing IT workloads including containers. Gary has established Univa as a recognized software provider to hundreds of Fortune 1000 companies in multiple industries. Prior to taking this role, Gary was SVP Products and Alliances at Univa. From June 2010 to Present (5 years 5 months) Senior Vice President Products & Alliances @ Responsible for product convergence of grid, HPC and cloud computing software From August 2009 to July 2010 (1 year) Vice President & General Manager High Performance Computing @ P&L management for a venture-backed software company From February 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 7 months) Vice President & Business Manager, High Performance Computing @ • P&L responsibility for US$30M global business; roughly 169 people in matrix reporting model
• Manage the global strategy, business development, marketing, engineering and operations HPC teams globally as well as Platform’s Open Source Grid Development Center in Singapore.
• The role involved the development and implementation of the three year business plan and change management strategies.
• Led the company’s entry into open sourcing of key technology.
• Led the negotiation of Platform Computing’s first acquisition of a company based in Singapore
• Architect and evangelist for global affinity program “Intel Cluster Ready”.
• Developed a global consortium with the purpose of standardizing HPC clustering and researching the dynamic data center
• Recognized business strategy and listed as “Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2007” by Linux Magazine From June 2003 to January 2008 (4 years 8 months) Director Product Management, New Ventures Group @ • Created and managed Platform's New Ventures Group (NVG), a corporate incubator that specialized in designing disruptive innovation growth businesses. The NVG team analyzed market trends, technology evolution and designed business models.
• The role involved the development of the Innovation Management Model and day-to-day management of a portfolio of start-ups in addition to business plan development and funding.
• Successfully launched a new product that generated US$2.5M in the first year.
• Repositioned Platform into the broader HPC systems software market.
• Incubated a portfolio which generated over US$4 Million revenue in the first year.
• Wrote the business and product plans for a family of products that led the re-positioning of Platform into the data center infrastructure software market.
• Led a product management team of 8 with direct responsibility for product business plan, product marketing, profitability and development. From June 2003 to June 2006 (3 years 1 month) Vice President Product Management @ • Responsible for coordinating product strategy
• Responsible for translating corporate market strategies and objectives into actionable product plans. Delano was acquired by divine Inc in July 2002.
• Responsible for coordinating sales strategies, executive sponsorship, and translating market needs into actionable objectives for product management and marketing. From November 2001 to December 2002 (1 year 2 months) Vice President Marketing @ • Led Itemus’ “business accelerator” operations for portfolios companies and contributed to corporate branding, positioning, and messaging.
• Responsibilities included product management; project management; product marketing; systems engineering; training; public relations; marketing services; technical writing; visual communications of NetCertainty, an itemus subsidiary.
• Chaired the Office of the Chief Marketing Officer. Led the Marketing Committee which was responsible for developing and coordinating itemus’ business unit and corporate marketing strategies.
• Member, itemus Strategy Committee; Member, itemus Operations Committee
• Recommended strategies to Chief Operating Officer and approved tactics of business units. From February 2000 to July 2001 (1 year 6 months) Senior Director Product Marketing @ • General Management responsibility for 20 products generating US$140 Million annually.
• Led the transition from ‘small owner-run company’ to successful market-driven company through the institutionalization of Product Management and “specialized” Product Marketing best practices.
• Launched an umbrella-marketing program that successfully positioned Hummingbird as the premier connectivity vendor. Enterprise Now! successfully drove the quantity and quality of leads while maximizing marketing expenditure returns.
• Designed Hummingbird’s initial Linux strategy.
• Negotiated key company acquisitions, technology asset acquisitions and licensing agreements.
Previous Portfolios at Hummingbird:
• Director Product Marketing, 1998
• Product Marketing Manager, 1997-1998
• Product Manager NFS Maestro and Exceed, 1996
• Product Manager NFS Maestro Line, 1996
• Manager, Systems Engineering, 1995-1996 From January 1994 to April 2000 (6 years 4 months) North American Distribution Manager @ • Responsible for indirect sales of core product.
• Aggressively grew revenue in the US and Latin American markets through a managed transition from small, regional resellers to national software distributors From April 1994 to December 1994 (9 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension