- Expected Orange County Code School graduation
- Expected Orange County Code School graduation date: February 2016
Keep updated on my progress!
I blog about what I'm learning!
In my experience as a Software Product Manager I learned that the customer always comes first; build awesome products to meet their needs. Lose sight of the customer, and you lose sight of the business.
Development teams can often get caught up in "feature list tunnel-vision" -- but a business' main focus should always be on serving the customer first.
Regional Project and Client Manager (Freelance) @ FabriQate is an ideas-led innovation lab working with clients to launch innovative mobile and digital experiences. FabriQate offers mobile technology solutions that clients use to amplify their revenue models and customer engagement in their business.
• Led digital projects for Ford Motors' Beijing AutoShow 2014 exhibition
• Delivered a Google Glass + iBeacon experience for Ford's Mustang 2015 launch
• Delivered an in-car experience with Kinect + Leap Motion for Ford's Focus 2015 showcase
• Developed a focus on connected-devices and wearable-technology solutions From September 2013 to August 2014 (1 year) Shanghai City, ChinaCo-Organizer, Photographer, Blogger @ Techyizu.org is a volunteer organization dedicated to growing the technology and entrepreneurship community in China through educational events such as Barcamp Shanghai, Demo Days, Hack-a-thons, UX Design Challenges, and Lean Startup Workshops.
• Co-Organized the first Lean Startup Machine in China, held in Shanghai
• Co-ran Lean Startup Machine Shanghai as a 3 day workshop
• Acquired investor and entrepreneur mentors for Lean Startup Machine 2012
• Photographer and blogger for TechYizu events From March 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 6 months) Co-Founder and UI/Product/Marketing/Cleaning Guy @ StoreHub is a Beautiful, Cloud Based Store Management System for SMEs. StoreHub combines iPad POS, Inventory & Customer Relationship Management with enterprise features in a beautiful and simple User Interface.
*Parted ways to get a salaried job to put a ring on a wonderful woman I met. She said yes =)
• Wire framed and designed StoreHub’s UI and UX with a focus on intent-driven design
• Led customer support, customer implementation, and customer training
• Created StoreHub’s web, print, video sales and marketing collateral (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro)
• Took care of startup odds-and-ends (cleaning the office, aka. our apartment, lunch ordering, etc) From January 2013 to December 2013 (1 year) Digital Experience Project Manager (Freelance) @ Guohe Ad is China's first Mobile Ad Mediation Platform, focusing on providing the most innovative solutions for advertisers and developers. Guohe Ad provides Ad Mediation, Yield Optimization, and Ad Serving and Data Metrics services to thousands of app developers and brand advertisers.
• Managed Shanghai product development team building innovative ad formats for brands
• Delivered immersive mobile ad formats for luxury brands, including Starwood Hotels and Gucci
• Led UX consulting to localize Starwood Hotel’s SPG loyalty mobile app for the Chinese market From March 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 2 months) International Marketing Manager @ The Great Wall Club connects China's mobile internet ecosystem to the world's. GWC provides a platform for members and clients to develop business relationships, learn market trends, promote initiatives, and grow their mobile internet business in China.
GWC members include top executives, entrepreneurs, developers and investors in the mobile internet industry: Tencent, Alibaba, China Unicom, Microsoft, DeNA and Gree, etc.
• Managed developer and design team to relaunch GWC's website UI redesign
• Launched and co-managed mobiSights, an industry tech blog owned by GWC
• Created and managed sales and marketing brochures and presentations
• Managed client EDM system and marketing schedule
• Drove leads and attendance for GWC's new G+1 and mobiTalk local events From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Event Organizer for the G-Startup Competition @ G-Startup is the launch pad for the most innovative mobile Internet startups from around the globe, and is hosted at the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC). 20 selected startups have 6 minutes to pitch their startup to a panel of respected international venture capitalists and angel investors.
- Innovation Works (Beijing, China)
- Chinaccelerator (Dalian, China)
- Plug and Play Tech Center (Silicon Valley, US)
- Google Startup Clinic (Beijing, China)
• Designed and organized a full-day startup competition and entrepreneur conference track
• Negotiated sponsorships/prizes valued USD $35,000+ with Chinese and US incubators and VC’s
• Pursued and established key partnerships between GMIC and key incubators globally
• Several startups received funding and incubation offers
• Coverage from VentureBeat, Sina Tech Portal, Tencent Tech Portal, NetEase Tech Portal From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Co-Organizer and Project Manager @ The Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) is the leading mobile internet conference in Asia and is hosted in Beijing, China. Keynotes and discussions focused on successful strategies mobile internet market growth with specific attention to China, USA, Japan and Korea. Over 3000 participants consisted of executives, investors, entrepreneurs, and developers from around the world.
GMIC 2011 featured 100+ speakers from 20+ countries including executives from Tencent, Alibaba, Google, Microsoft, Alibaba, Skype, Rovio (Angry Birds), Paypal, Nokia, SK Telecom, Gree and Docomo.
Media coverage included: Techcrunch, VentureBeat, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Forbes, PC World, Associated Press, CNET, CNN, CCTV, Sina, China Daily.
Key Project Management Achievements:
• Launched an online business matching SNS for attendees for GMIC 2011
• Launch a conference mobile app on iPhone, Android, and Blackberry for GMIC 2011
Key Marketing and Sales Achievements:
• Created all GMIC 2011 marketing and sponsorship media and materials
• Assisted in design and development of the GMIC 2011 website
• Grew partnerships by 50% to increase exposure of GMIC in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan
• Drove 80% of SEA ticket sales through marketing, EDM and partnership campaigns
Key Event Management Achievements:
• Core player in growing GMIC from 800 attendees in 2010 to over 3,000 attendees in 2011
• Assisted in PR and obtained media from TechCrunch, CNN, and The Economist
(Yes, I didn't sleep much that year...) From April 2010 to March 2012 (2 years) Mentor for NextGoals - 2011 Batch @ Chinaccelerator is a startup accelerator that selects innovative companies each year and provides seed funding, as well as support and mentorship. Chinaccelerator is based in Shanghai, China. The program runs for 111 days and provides a platform for technology-based companies to grow from concept to reality. From 2011 to 2011 (less than a year) SEO and Mobile App Marketing (Summer Internship) @ Morodo provides low-cost global telephony and unified communication services within the mobile and online applications market.
• Assisted in company website SEO and UX, and improved sign-up and customer retention rate
• Created wire-frames and designs for MO-Call's website relaunch, focusing on increasing revenue from existing customers
• Redesigned website to optimize UX for call-to-actions, improving conversion rate of new trial subscriptions, and improving customer acquisition
• Account manager for 3rd party app store partnerships and managed app distribution and version management From January 2010 to June 2010 (6 months) Quality Analyst (Summer Internship) @ The Motorola Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS) Quality Team manages and monitors the IT services that are critical to Motorola's business units.
• Delivered an 'IT Service Recovery / Notification' tool to identify underperforming IT departments
• Created root-cause-analysis Excel tools for Motorola's IT IS department
• Assisted Six Sigma project managers develop initiatives to reduce IT department costs
• Received Motorola Yellow and White Six Sigma Belt certifications From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months)