Business Development Specialist/Customer Relations @ Giga Information Group
Bachelor of Arts & Science, Early Childhood Education @
Valdosta State University
I am a Client-driven senior sales professional with a quantifiable track record of success in selling an extensive range of educational solutions including print materials, technology, assessments and professional services. I am a skilled communicator, presenter, and analytic problem solver adept in using a solution-based approach to provide complex, holistic solutions. I have proven my ability to
I am a Client-driven senior sales professional with a quantifiable track record of success in selling an extensive range of educational solutions including print materials, technology, assessments and professional services. I am a skilled communicator, presenter, and analytic problem solver adept in using a solution-based approach to provide complex, holistic solutions. I have proven my ability to influence customer needs, win and maintain customers in highly competitive environments, and have been consistently recognized for my ability to increase revenues by building and maintaining relationships.
I have been a dedicated sales executive with Pearson for 12 years and I have exceeded my sales goal for 10 of those 12 years and am now tracking at more than 200% of goal for 2013.
I graduated Cum Laude with a Master's Degree in Education and Magma Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts & Science in Early Childhood Education from Valdosta State University in Valdosta, Georgia.
Specialties: Sales, E-Learning, Business Development, Account Management, Territory Expansion, Brand-Building, Market Expansion, Contract Negotiation, Client Retention, Strategic Planning, Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Networking, Referral Generation, Alliance Building, Proposals, Relationship Management
Regional Account Executive @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Greater Atlanta AreaAccount Executive @ Conceptualized and implemented innovative sales, marketing, and account management strategies in a multi-million dollar Georgia territory. Worked collaboratively with customers and colleagues to develop customized educational solutions that included professional development, technology based content, core materials, intervention materials and assessments.
• Exceeded target goals for 10 of 12 years during drastic market changes by providing in-depth consultations to gain understanding of customer issues and goals. Currently tracking at more than 200% of sales goal achieving $10M+ thus far in 2013.
• Achieved 145% of goal in 2012 and 103% in 2011 by creating customized professional development and content offerings and working collaboratively with colleagues and school leaders to address professional development needs.
• Captured 45% market share in 2009 and produced 128% of sales goal by inspiring customers to invest in professional development services.
• Delivered 129% of goal in 2008 by tracking and targeting grants and federal funding.
• Attained 169% of goal in 2007, 137% of revenue target in 2006 and captured 55% market share in 2005 capitalizing on customer need for technology-based instructional materials.
• Awarded President’s Club Award earning 186% of goal in 2004.
• Closed a new contract with region’s largest school district, worth $6.6M, in 2003. Earned “Salesperson of the Year” award. From October 2001 to August 2013 (11 years 11 months) Atlanta, GABusiness Development Specialist/Customer Relations @ Prospected new clients in Fortune 500 companies across the Southeast to drive revenue of IT research and IT custom consulting designed for IT professionals. Initiated relationships through cold calls and networking to create new sales opportunities and grow revenue within existing accounts. Formulated solution-based strategies to meet client IT consulting needs and spearheaded on-site presentations.
• Established and employed strategic marketing plans which resulted in an increased number of appointments with new prospects and resulted in region producing 130% of revenue goal.
• Escalated client issues and developed ongoing solutions resulting in 20% growth in existing accounts. From August 2000 to September 2001 (1 year 2 months) Atlanta, GA
Masters in Education, Early Childhood Education and Teaching @ Valdosta State University From 1985 to 1989 Bachelor of Arts & Science, Early Childhood Education @ Valdosta State University Donna Denton is skilled in: Publishing, Content Development, Books, Ebooks, Online Publishing, Educational Technology, K-12, Copy Editing, E-Learning, Editing, Content Management, Staff Development, Account Management, Client Management, Market Share Growth, Sales, New Business Development, Territory Expansion, Contract Negotiation, Price Negotiation, Customer Retention, Product Knowledge, Technical Knowledge, Proposals, Presentations, Profit Attainment, Strategic Planning, Networking, Referral Generation, Alliance Building, Strategic Partnerships, Relationship Management, Brand-Building, New Market Expansion, CRM, Business Development, Selling