Senior ERP Software Developer and DMS Software Support Specialist @ Scott Office Solutions, Inc.
Greetings! My name is Dennis Scott and I had been a JDE Consultant and independent contractor of services for nearly 3 decades on the IBM AS/400 (iSeries) and formerly IBM S/38. After a long-term (11 year) stretch with my client Bacardi USA in Miami, a truly great company, I accepted a position with a very progressive company
Greetings! My name is Dennis Scott and I had been a JDE Consultant and independent contractor of services for nearly 3 decades on the IBM AS/400 (iSeries) and formerly IBM S/38. After a long-term (11 year) stretch with my client Bacardi USA in Miami, a truly great company, I accepted a position with a very progressive company near Atlanta Georgia (Dec-2012). While I try and keep my credentials up to date, I am currently not in the market for a new position at this time.
In December 2012, I accepted a diverse software developers position with Mizuno USA; manufacturer and distributor of athletic equipment, apparel, and footwear.. While Mizuno USA is just 30 years old, the parent company in Japan has been around for over 100 years, specializing in top of the line Golf Clubs, Baseball Equipment and Athletic Gear, and now gaining popularity with a nice portfolio of Running Gear with a huge line of running shoes and other sportswear.
So far I must say that I am very happy here and so I reiterate that I am not on the market for changing my present employer.
Thank you for your interest.
Specialties: System Administration, Database Management, Capacity Planning, Technical Support; Data Warehousing and Interfaces to BI Analytics databases and recent experience with IBM Cognos 10.1 TM1 and 10.2 Business Intelligence software; AS400 EDI Interfaces; Systems Design and Application Programming include; Analysis, Software Development, Project Management, Standards & Documentation, and extensive Oracle/JDE experience with JDE World, One-World Xe, and JDE 9.1 Enterprise Software.
Senior Programmer Analyst - ERP/BI @ In May of 2015, I was given a Senior title at Mizuno. This was, by all accounts, a promotion and I was honored to be so recognized.
The new (official) job description reads as follows:
The role of the Senior programmer analyst - ERP/Bl is to define, develop, test, analyze and maintain new software applications and objects for ERP and Bl systems in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing and analyzing software programs and applications.
The Senior Programmer Analyst - ERP/Bl will also research , design, document and modify software specifications in existing systems. He/She will participate in decisions concerning future system development, recommend new software development tools and help end users with questions or problems as they arise.
Recent Accomplishments in 2015 include:
• Successful upgrade of IBM Cognos TM1 to v10.2.2
• Successful upgrade of IBM Cognos BI to v10.2.2
• Implementation of Cognos BI Emailed Burst Reports
• Implementation of Cognos BI Audit Reporting
• Implementation of Cognos BI Reporting via Triggers
• Implementation of Cognos BI External File Share/Archive Location
• Introduction of JD Edwards Sales Quota Integration with Cognos Sales Cubes From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Programmer Analyst - ERP/BI @ I began at Mizuno USA in December 2012 and was immediately immersed in learning their existing BI software; Essbase (Hyperion) and Showcase Analyzer, a Web-based BI software, and their Data Warehouse and ETL software using RPG-ILE and Showcase Warehouse Builder, a SQL-based data extraction software. Because of my extensive IBM DB2, SQL, RPG, and JDE skills, this immersion was made easy for me. This was simultaneously followed by formal training in their new IBM Cognos 10.2 BI software and we began migrating from Essbase and Analyzer to IBM Cognos. We went live with Cognos in April and everything has been running very smoothly.
What a great journey thus far. Team Player in migrating from Essbase to Cognos and a key interface to the TM1 Consultants, creating Spec Docs, validating all TM1 data, and creating Cognos BI Reports used for balancing existing BI software. I am now their senior BI developer using IBM’s TM1 10.1 Multi-Dimensional Cube Designer called Architect coding Turbo Integrator processes that build the Dimensions and Load the Cube Data each day, including some dynamic Time Dimension members. Our TM1 processes read DB2 tables, CSV Text files, and TM1 Cube data. Dimensions are 90% Multi-dimensional (hierarchical) dimensions, 10% Single-dimensional used for plain Context Filtering. I am also charged with BI Security and System Admin with CAM LDAP Authentication using multiple Namespaces for differing Domain Active Directories.
Some post “go-live” Cognos enhancements include the addition of 5 new Dimensions to all Sales Cubes and the addition of a new Sales Quota Measure to enhance Sales Analytics for management.
JDE/ERP - I was also a partner in a successful upgrade and retrofit to JDE E9.1 in mid 2014, and the best part is, it all runs on my favorite computer system; the IBM iSeries (AS/400). From December 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Senior ERP Software Developer and DMS Software Support Specialist @ JDE Consultant and Senior JDE ERP Software Developer; an independent contractor of services in Florida for nearly 3 decades on the IBM iSeries AS/400.
Overall consulting experience:
• JDE World Software Development using CLP & RPG (II, III, IV, & ILE))
• JDE One-World XE Software Development (OMW)
• JDE World to One-World Migrations. Help to leverage existing legacy RPG Applications using One-World Database. Why re-write aps. if you don’t have to?
• IBM AS/400 & iSeries Hardware (Configuration, Set-up, and Programming using CLP, RPG-III, RPG-ILE, COBOL, FTP, DB2, and heavy knowledge of SQL400)
• KOFAX’s Ascent Capture Document Imaging Software Development (including Advanced Forms OCR set-up and ODBC Validation Scripting)
• OPENTEXT’s Workflow Design (DMS & ODBC Configuration, Users & Groups set-up, Workflow Design, DB2 & SQL access, and VB Script Programming)
• OPENTEXT’s VIP DocManager software (DMS & ODBC Configuration, indexing and archival of computer-generated spooled reports and scanned documents via Ascent Capture)
• MS SQL Server (SQL Command Language, Creation of DB Files & Views, and some scripting knowledge)
My personal guarantee of your satisfaction! Try my services for 2 weeks, and if you are not completely satisfied in extending our relationship further, you will only be billed for half that time.
The link below will take you to my web resume.
http://www.dennis-scott.com/MyWebResume/DennisScottResumeLinks.htm From April 1992 to December 2012 (20 years 9 months) Digital Imaging Specialist @ Extensive experience in ECM Solutions using KOFAX’s Ascent Capture Document Imaging Software Development (including Advanced Forms OCR set-up and ODBC Validation Scripting), interfacing to OPENTEXT’s Workflow Design (DMS & ODBC Configuration, Users & Groups set-up, Workflow Design, DB2 & SQL access, and VB Script Programming) and OPENTEXT’s VIP DocManager software (DMS & ODBC Configuration, indexing and archival of computer-generated spooled reports and scanned documents via Ascent Capture). From January 2005 to December 2011 (7 years) Senior JD Edwards ERP Software Developer @ • J.D. Edwards A7.3.10 World software development; 11 years coding in CL, RPG & RPG-ILE.
• J.D. Edwards One World Xe software development. Assisted with the conversion and implementation from World, providing support for the integration of four separate corporate AS/400 locations using various levels of JDE World software.
• J.D. Edwards A7.3.10 World software development; 7 years coding custom applications using the One World Xe Object Management Workbench (OMW) toolset. On-line applications include the use of FIND/BROWSE, SEARCH & SELECT, and FIX/INSPECT Forms. Batch applications include the use of Columnar, Group, and Update UBE Reports. Involved in many aspects of the One-World Development cycle coding Event Rules, NER Business Functions, and interfacing to Master Business Functions and accessing many One-World System Functions.
• Support for the following systems under B7.333 One World Xe, coding Event Rules for UBE’s, on-line applications, and NER Business Functions:
o ERP Systems for Financials and Sales Distribution Systems.
o Advanced Warehousing and Storage Unit Tracking.
o Custom DRP Sales Forecasting.
o Shipment Spread System for accurately spreading bulk blanket sales orders
o Custom POS Materials management from Program Inception to automatic JDE Purchase Order Creation, Distribution Product Allocation with automatic JDE Sale Order creation.
o Provided numerous interfaces to AP from external systems (Employee Expense reimbursements and Vendor Invoice payments) as well as Purchasing and Sale Order Processing via JDE Z1 processes.
o Interfaces to Data Warehousing and to BI and Analytics databases.
• AS400 EDI Interfaces to JDE ERP Systems.
• Heavy analysis using MS-SQL and SQL400 and responsible for ODBC Configurations for server connectivity. From February 2000 to December 2011 (11 years 11 months)
Jones College Dennis Scott is skilled in: Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Software Development, SQL, System Administration, Analysis, Business Intelligence, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Integration, ERP, HTML, Microsoft Office, Technical Support, Email Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension