Accomplished Business Development, Sales and Project Management Executive with technical, operations and commercial leadership as well as P&L management roles for Fortune 500 companies. Successful senior leader of global teams with significant international experience, inclusive of multiple expatriate assignments. Highly adept at developing strong global teams, talent acquisition / development and executive level leadership. Extremely creative and
Accomplished Business Development, Sales and Project Management Executive with technical, operations and commercial leadership as well as P&L management roles for Fortune 500 companies. Successful senior leader of global teams with significant international experience, inclusive of multiple expatriate assignments. Highly adept at developing strong global teams, talent acquisition / development and executive level leadership. Extremely creative and comfortable working in white space roles and growth oriented enterprises.
Strong history of meeting business objectives, sales / operating plans and cost out initiatives. Proven track record of developing, negotiating, and managing long-term product supply businesses arrangements as well as in equipment and associated aftermarket services sales and technology licensing in the energy, oil and gas, chemical and industrial gas industries. Superior relationship development skills with an established network in the energy, power, oil and gas, chemicals and EPC industries.
Work experience includes developing, acquiring, constructing, owning and operating large complex capital assets/businesses in the energy, chemical, oil and gas, power and industrial gas industries, in addition to sale of industrial equipment and associated services and technology licensing. Significant experience integrating new acquisitions and organizations.
Accomplished in the development of business process and agile implementation across various platforms including Salesforce.com, Oracle and SAP. Experienced in developing and managing global variable compensation programs to drive sales force effectiveness.
Senior Vice President @ Responsible for project origination of power plants and other facilities within the energy sector. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Houston, Texas AreaVice President Business Development @ Responsible for global business development of KBR's Technology division, delivering process technologies, proprietary equipment, engineering and consulting services to the refining and petrochemical industries.
Technology portfolio includes heavy oil refining, hydro-processing and associated unit operations, Ethylene, Olefin and derivatives technologies inclusive of Methanol to Olefins, syngas production technologies, ammonia and derivatives, as well as polymer, basic and specialty chemicals. From December 2014 to September 2015 (10 months) General Manager - Commercial Operations - Distributed Power @ Responsible for leading global team of 100+ commercial and risk management resources in development and execution of transactions related to the sale of gas turbines and reciprocating engines and associated services in the distributed power space. Commercial structures include equipment sale, engineered equipment packages and turnkey installations, long term service agreements and transactional service contracts.
Accountable for the development of commercial process, policies, pricing and systems to deliver in excess of $6 Billion USD of annual equipment and service orders, and over $2 Billion in multi-year service contracts. Led integration of three business lines into a single commercial organization capturing in excess of $5 MM in operating savings, while streamlining operations. Led implementation of Salesforce.com CRM tool for pipeline tracking, reporting and risk management in addition to implementation and integration of Salesforce.com with Oracle ERP systems. From September 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 4 months) General Manager - Southern Region, PGP/PGS @ Led a team of 85+ sales and commercial resources responsible for new power generation and associated aftermarket services transactions. Grew revenues 6% to $1.4 Billion, reduced overall costs 14%. Developed and maintained relationships with key executives in the power generation industry and associated EPC service providers. Developed key talent and team skills, integrated the new unit and power generation service sales team following significant internal re-organization to streamline operations and improve overall commercial team effectiveness. From October 2011 to September 2013 (2 years) General Manager - Thermal Sales @ Led North America sales and commercial team responsible for development, negotiation and closure of new heavy duty gas and steam turbines to the power generation and energy industries. Grew sales from $40 MM to $800+ MM over three year period and increased market penetration from single digit to over 45%. Led the sales introduction of multiple new gas turbine products securing solid orders backlog with key customers. Developed and maintained executive level relationships with end users, EPC partners, NGO and government stakeholders. Active in lobbying key stakeholders for policy changes driving industry growth. From October 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 1 month) Director - Gasification Sales and Commercial Operations @ Leader of global sales and commercial team of 40+ commercial resources responsible for the development, sale, negotiation and closure of Integrated Gasifcation Combined Cycle (IGCC) equipment contracts, and technology licensing contracts for gasification utilized in petroleum and chemical processing. Negotiated equipment sale, engineering service, technology licensing agreements with clients globally. Acquired and developed key commercial talent, internal commercial and risk management process, developed and executed operating plans. Grew sales from $60 MM to over $100 MM and coordinated the entry into new markets and industries. From August 2006 to October 2009 (3 years 3 months) Business Development Manager @ Responsible for management of existing accounts in addition to pipeline and manufacturing assets serving the oil and gas industry in the West Gulf Coast Region
• Grew volume of account base by 20%
• Developed long term capital expansion plans totaling $60 Million
• Asset Management of $140 MM capital base; reduced cost basis by >5%
• Lead business development team activities associated with new product sales, contract renewals and capital expansion including leadership of large infrastructure investments totaling $150 MM
• Negotiated tonnage gas supply contract renewals From September 2005 to August 2006 (1 year) Houston, Texas AreaBusiness Development Manager @ Managed existing accounts and assets, as well origination of new projects serving the refining and upgrading industry throughout Canada. Defined long-term growth objectives, business plans, sales strategies and led multi-level sales campaigns to meet corporate growth objectives.
• Established 10 year strategic plan resulting in addition of two major production facilities with total
capital investment of $180 MM in new production assets and a hydrogen pipeline system serving
refining and oil sands upgraders in Edmonton / Ft. Saskatchewan corridor
• Developed long-term growth plans and new business models to implement emerging technologies
such as gasification / carbon capture and storage systems resulting in market leadership position
• Grew base business with new and existing refining and upgrading accounts by 130% over 2 years
• Managed account relationships at executive levels with PetroCanada, Shell, Suncor, Exxon, Syncrude and other major oil and gas / chemical producers From August 2003 to September 2005 (2 years 2 months) Asset Manager @ Managed major industrial gas pipeline, production assets and associated accounts with sales totaling in excess of $250 MM annually and several merchant gas accounts with sales totaling $6 MM annually.
• Optimized cost structure and efficiency of existing asset base resulting in average Return on
Investment increase from 8% to 12% for production assets with total capital value of over $200 MM
including 3 hydrogen steam methane reformers, 350 TPD O2/N2 facility, a cogeneration unit, and two syngas productions facilities.
• Led business development efforts for new and active accounts in the Louisiana area for merchant,
pipeline and on-site opportunities and delivered 15% year on year earnings growth through
implementation of new business models, new signings and innovative product offerings
• Delivered 99% supply reliability hydrogen, carbon monoxide, syngas, power and utilities
• Conceived and implemented innovative tax exempt bond financing of new asset resulting in $12 MM NPV reduction in asset cost
• Lead account engagement at all levels with major oil and gas and petrochemical accounts at both local and headquarter levels with Shell, ExxonMobil, Conoco, Huntsman, Dow and several others From July 2000 to September 2003 (3 years 3 months)
BsChE, Chemical Engineering @ Villanova University From 1991 to 1993 David Hunt is skilled in: Leadership, Profit & Loss Management, Team Leadership, Asset Management, Plant Operations, Sales, Technology Commercialization, Commercialization, Contract Negotiation, Energy, Gas Turbines, Power Generation, Power Plant Operations, Engineering, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension