I have a thorough knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows XP/Vista, Server 2003/2008, Mac OSX, and especially Linux/Unix. I also have a good understanding of multiple programming languages: Perl, Bash, C, and also a great knowledge of TCP-IP protocols, wireless/wired network design and network topologies as well as HTML and CSS and website design. Lastly I
I have a thorough knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows XP/Vista, Server 2003/2008, Mac OSX, and especially Linux/Unix. I also have a good understanding of multiple programming languages: Perl, Bash, C, and also a great knowledge of TCP-IP protocols, wireless/wired network design and network topologies as well as HTML and CSS and website design. Lastly I have a proven ability to manage mission critical projects and remote teams while always meeting project deadlines.
Internal Operations Engineer @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Site Reliability Engineer @ From September 2012 to October 2014 (2 years 2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaData Center Systems Administrator @ • Own the server build-out process from rack assembly to rack roll out and cabling of servers as well as automated testing and imaging.
• Run cat6 cabling as well as multi-mode and single mode fiber.
• Troubleshoot and fix hardware issues as well as hardware upgrades with Dell and HP enterprise servers in production via a ticketing system.
• CentOS and Redhat Linux OS troubleshooting on servers
• Monitor all DC environment issues like power spikes/drops as well as cooling issues.
• Configure top of rack Juniper and Force10 production switches.
• Test new server rack configurations along with power consumption/output of PDU’s.
• Work with asset management team to ensure proper sparing levels are in place. From January 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaUnix/Linux Build Lead @ • Leading a team of 12 seasoned Unix/Linux build Administrators at various regions across the country.
• Extensive configuration/administration of Solaris and Redhat across various hardware platforms.
• Imaging servers using kickstart/jumpstart/opforce.
• Configuration of IBM/HP blade chassis's and imaging of blades.
• Troubleshoot servers with hardware/software issues and engage various vendors to help resolve server hardware issues.
• Decommission and scrub old and out of warranty equipment as well as write security procedures relating to decommissioned and data sensitive hardware.
• Manage projects relating to data center build-outs and infrastructure upgrades.
• Work with engineering to automate build processes and increase team efficiency with scripting.
• Manage a high volume remedy ticketing queue and prioritize assignments based on urgency.
• Write all documentation for team to use to standardize processes and add info to the build wiki. From March 2010 to December 2010 (10 months) NOC Technician Lead @ • Troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues for enterprise HP Proliant and Supermicro servers running Windows Server 2003/2008, and Unix.
• Mentor and train new techs, also ensure quality and SLA priorities for all tickets.
• Handle RMA’s from all hardware tickets and ensure they get processed.
• Troubleshooting connectivity and swapping blades on enterprise Cisco switches as well as Juniper t1600 routers and F5 load balancers.
• Cabling category 6 copper cables and multi and single mode fiber network cables for new server deployment.
• Imaging and rebuilding production servers using the Altiris client.
• Manage servers, users, and groups with Active Directory in a multi-domain environment.
• Configuring server IP addresses, DNS and WINS and moving servers into various VLAN’s.
• Testing new hardware/software configurations created by engineering. From September 2007 to March 2010 (2 years 7 months) QA Lead @ • Training and managing a 30 person QA team for separation of data for the implicit use of publication to the Internet.
• Wrote numerous Perl programs for the project.
• Built many programs from source code and installed them on multiple Linux workstations.
• Dealt with and ran various scripts on large external USB drives delivered from book publishers.
• Extremely knowledge about Linux.
• Troubleshooting any hardware problems for Linux workstations set up workstations and connected them to the network.
• Worked with Google engineers to assist on QA issues for Google Earth and also on the Orkut social networking site. From August 2005 to September 2007 (2 years 2 months)
System Administartion @ De Anza College From 2006 to 2010 Del Mar High School Daniel Young is skilled in: Servers, Data Center, Linux, DNS, Unix, TCP/IP, Troubleshooting, Red Hat Linux, Hardware, Bash, Switches, Shell Scripting, Solaris, Apache, CentOS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension