Junior Engineering Auditor @ New York City Economic Development Corporation
Assitant Researcher @ University of Wisconsin-Madison
Teaching Assistant @ University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Civil and Environmental Engineering @
I am a Junior Engineering Auditor at the New York City Economic Development Corporation. In my role I perform construction oversight to ensure that all aspects of the construction process meet contractual requirements as well as follow all pertinent federal, state, and city laws and regulations. I have worked on projects ranging from coastal protection and resiliency
I am a Junior Engineering Auditor at the New York City Economic Development Corporation. In my role I perform construction oversight to ensure that all aspects of the construction process meet contractual requirements as well as follow all pertinent federal, state, and city laws and regulations. I have worked on projects ranging from coastal protection and resiliency to transit reconfiguration and from utility access to green infrastructure.
Junior Engineering Auditor @ Performed oversight and review of engineering design projects, construction projects and capital improvement projects worth over $2 Billion to ensure projects have been completed satisfactorily and all contractual obligations and pertinent city, state, and federal laws and regulations were being met.
• Duties included: Review of design drawings, specifications, project scope, schedule, and construction contracts, performing construction estimates to verify project cost, and field inspections of construction projects.
• Found nearly $300,000 in savings due to review.
• Led implementation and provided continuing support for department-wide software package. From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Assitant Researcher @ Analyzed risk of Madison, Wisconsin to lake flooding from extreme storms.
• Created hydrological model of Lake Mendota watershed to analyze lake response to various storm scenarios using SWAT and ArcGIS software
• Created flood inundation maps for UW Department of Risk Management to determine risk to university buildings and facilities.
• Wrote 57-page Master’s thesis based on results.
Relevant Projects: Wellhead Protection Analysis, Sediment and Contaminant Investigation, Wetland Restoration, Groundwater Contamination Transport Analysis, Floodplain Delineation.
Relevant Coursework: Hydrologic Design, Hydrologic Statistics, Coastal Engineering, Groundwater Hydraulics, Limnology and Aquatic Resources, Fluvial Geomorphology. From September 2012 to August 2014 (2 years) Teaching Assistant @ Assisted with instruction of intermediate level Structural Analysis course at UW-Madison.
• Responsible for instruction and grading of course materials for more than 50 students.
• Helped students comprehend complex material and provided targeted assistance on assignments. From January 2013 to May 2013 (5 months) Flood Reduction Intern @ Study urban hydrological response to storms in the town of Princeton, NJ. Performed field tests such as stream flow monitoring and infiltration tests to verify data.
• Developed model using WMS software to discover sources of floodwaters
• Strategized for implementation and publicity phases of project after model was complete. From May 2011 to September 2011 (5 months)
Master of Science (M.S.), Water Resources Engineering @ University of Wisconsin-Madison From 2012 to 2014 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Civil and Environmental Engineering @ Princeton University From 2008 to 2012 Daniel Fletcher, EIT is skilled in: R, GIS, Statistical Data Analysis, Flood Risk, Stormwater Modeling, Hydrology, Stormwater Management, Hydrologic Modeling, Groundwater Modeling, HEC-RAS, Groundwater Contamination, Research, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Programming
Looking for a different
Daniel Fletcher, EIT?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension