Senior Software Engineer Team Lead @ Pearson North America
Bachelor Science @
Since I graduated from Northeastern University in 2005 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Math and soon to graduate from Boston University with a Master of Science in Computer Science and Security Concentration, having 2 years of work experience prior to graduation, I have grow tremendously as a software engineer. For every position I
My goal is to learn and expand my horizon and eventually own my own software engineering company. I work hard and I believe through my hard work I will be able to change the way software will be develop in the future.
Senior Software Engineer Team Lead @ • Providing technical leadership to the entire team contributing to successful completion of all assigned projects/tasks
• Professional mentoring/welfare of your team members and the reinforcement and support of the “Being a Great Engineer”
• Contribute to and provide technical guidance to assigned headlines for a specific release, meeting acceptance criteria and quality metrics, on time and within budget From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Owner @ • Plan, architect, develop, and sell Android applications in the Productivity category of Android Marketplace
• Study market trends and plan for new application projects
• Collect requirements and negotiate with clients for potential software development contracts
• Debug and fix complex applications for contracting projects From January 2010 to Present (6 years) Senior Software Engineer Team Lead @ • Create responsive web applications to supplement K-12 Students' learning need and teachers' plannings and guides.
• Practice Behavioral Driving Development along with Page Object Programming to create application and test cases.
• Practice Agile Software Development and Participate in daily scrum.
• Lead a team of 10+ developers and mentors junior members of the team.
• Develop complex applications to manage and ingest new and legacy data from military research facilities
• Building applications that would handle sensitive and classified information, and filters before sending to clients with various levels of security clearance and privileges
• Redesigns and re-implements multiple legacy applications to current coding best practices and Navy standards From February 2010 to May 2012 (2 years 4 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Architected and developed administrative portals for 3rd party SSO integration using Java, Grails, Acegi, Spring Framework, Hibernate and MySQL
• Created Analytics reports using Java, Grails, Coldfusion, MySQL, Oracle, PHP and GWT through the use of Google API such as Google Analytics and Google Visualizations for clients
• Designed, implemented, and deployed search functions for client’s website and applications using technologies such as Lucene and Google Onebox
• Architected and created warehouse database storage schema using Star Schema design methodologies From September 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 5 months) Senior Web Developer @ • Re-architected an existing web application utilizing programming design patterns, and best practices
• Developed / implemented taxonomy authentication and authorization middle layer using Java and Struts
• Created search functionality through the use of Lucene Solr technology using Java, Struts and Spring Framework
• Developed and maintained client requested features using Java, Struts, and SQL
• Successfully and completely ported existing application functionality to new application architecture
• Analyzed database models and schema and build web based reporting functionality
• Mentored college interns From May 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 4 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Provided software analysis, design, coding, integration, unit testing, documentation and application support for various UpToDate software systems
• Leveraged my skills in object oriented design and industry-standard design patterns to improve these systems
• Developed cross platform applications utilizing Java, Oracle, Struts, and beans
• Successfully ported existing .NET code base to J2EE / Struts platform
• Redesigned Struts UI to new AJAX interactive UI through the use Google Web Toolkit From July 2006 to May 2007 (11 months) Computer Assistant @ • Create Scripts to automatic profile deletion on multiple computers on the network.
• Help Students to use a laser cutter with AutoCAD
• Troubleshoot software errors
• Installing and ghosting OS onto new and used computers From September 2004 to March 2007 (2 years 7 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked directly with customers to resolve critical issues and increase their satisfaction with our company and product
• Was a key member of a team that dramatically reduced the number of bugs and customer issues reported in our core product. As a result of this effort, Deploy was able to reduce the size of its maintenance team by 50% in a year
• Designed and implemented a successful installation and configuration program to drive the company’s next generation product
• Developed servlets and software solutions that is essential to the health of the company's core product
• Researched security flaws and deployment solutions for company's new product
• Analyzed, debugged, and resolved stability issues in our core products
• Built and formatted Brio / Hyperion Reports utilizing SQR Developer
• Administrated the Weblogic and Websphere Server
• Developed web servlets that would start / stop / and monitor company's products From April 2005 to July 2006 (1 year 4 months) Quality Assurance & Developer @ • Wrote VBScript with SQL Queries to automate tests and simulate real life billing problems
• Wrote programs that are essential to the automation process which is still being use by QA Dept.
• Submitted new bugs and test bug fixes from
• Wrote SQL scripts to compare recorded tests with the saved database record From June 2003 to January 2004 (8 months) Technician @ • Rebuilt, re-imaged using Norton Ghost, and salvaged computers from parts
• Wired switchboard for use of new phone and network ports
• Provided technical assistance for customers and staff
• Responsible for updating, delivering, & tracking new equipment for the inventory and buying system From August 2002 to December 2002 (5 months) Computer Technician @ • Performed weekly maintenance on over 250 IBM computers and over 30 MAC computers
• Troubleshot Windows and replaced defective hardware
• Provided technical assistance to both faculty and staff
• Removed virus on faculty's computer
• Answered questions concerning the recovery of corrupted files From September 2000 to May 2001 (9 months)