Bachelor's degree, Business Administration and Management, General @
Strategic Enterprise Sales Executive @ Large Enterprise Sales From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Baltimore, Maryland AreaVice President, Wholesale Services @ ENQWEST is a hosted VOIP / SIP provider with a state of the art, facility-based network. Peering with Tier1 service providers, we achieve ubiquitous coverage, optimum network design and competitive pricing. In addition to our
Strategic Enterprise Sales Executive @ Large Enterprise Sales From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Baltimore, Maryland AreaVice President, Wholesale Services @ ENQWEST is a hosted VOIP / SIP provider with a state of the art, facility-based network. Peering with Tier1 service providers, we achieve ubiquitous coverage, optimum network design and competitive pricing. In addition to our hosted voice products, ENQWEST provides a robust portfolio of telecommunications and network services, including VOIP, MPLS, Ethernet, dedicated Internet Access, private line circuits and managed security services.
*Helped develop and launch new agent, reseller and wholesale products and contracts. Marketing to MSP's, CLEC, IT companies and telecom consultants adding several new relationships and revenue during first few months. From January 2015 to June 2015 (6 months) Baltimore, Maryland AreaAccount Director @ Hybrid position responsible for selling to reseller, wholesale and enterprise markets the full suite of Level 3 services. Specialized identifying, negotiating and closing strategic, high-revenue opportunities. Successful selling some of the largest direct and wholesale clients in marketplace.
*Last 36 months averaged > 125% plan as one of the leaders in the Northeast region From March 2010 to November 2014 (4 years 9 months) Columbia, MdGlobal Sales Manager @ Global communications carrier selling voice and data to the SMB and enterprise marketplace. Managed a deck of 15-30 ‘named’ accounts in the commercial sector. Typically Fortune 1000. Tasked to hunt/farm within these accounts while developing/maintaining relationships from the operational through the ‘C’ levels of the organization. Accountable for meeting and or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas. Also responsible for maintaining existing clients while building new revenue within the account base through large complex Voice, Data, Hosting, and IP products/services sales. From January 2009 to March 2010 (1 year 3 months) Linthicum, MdExecutive Sales Director, Wholesale Division @ Managed Wholesale Sales Executives in the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest. Responsible for activity management, new sales results and current partner growth. Directly involved in identifying, negotiating and closing large wholesale contracts to regional and national carriers.
• Identified and negotiated over $5 Million in new contracts in 2008, including a $1 Million contract during my last week of employment.
• Sales production was highest in the company based on total contract revenue for new carriers sales, and percentage of quota for my sales regions. On pace to again win national recognition and awards at the end of 2008 at our National Sales Conference for top achievement.
• Worked successfully with existing major partners by negotiating internally and with clients on special programs designed to drive new revenue and keep existing business. New contracts include Boston Markets (20K MRC), Aldo Shoes (22K MRC) and several others including large T1 carrier migrations. From April 2008 to November 2008 (8 months) Director, Business Development @ Identified, negotiated and closed CLEC’s, carriers and hosted VOIP companies via individual efforts through intense prospecting and networking.
• Sold many national, strategic partners including Cincinnati Bell, Wayport, Ikano Communications, Matrix Telecom and several others. During 12 month tenure in this position, sold over 30 new wholesale partners.
• Identified, negotiated and closed Covad’s top revenue producing partner over the last 24 months, Velocity Inc, who bought thousands of access lines to two major enterprise point of sale end users equating to over 200K MRC.
• Immediately sold over revenue plan from the first month in new position and over sales quota every month helping lead to a promotion in 2Q08. From March 2007 to April 2008 (1 year 2 months) National CLEC Sales Manager; Regional Director @ Researched and identified new opportunity with CLEC’s bundling Covad data with their voice services. Presented business plan to upper management on the value and revenue opportunity to establish new channel. Worked with many internal departments to ensure the new program was both profitable and fit within internal framework and processes, leading to a smooth, efficient rollout.
• Identified, negotiated and closed over 75 new wholesale CLEC partners, in just over 1 year, far exceeding expectations of upper management.
• Booked 532 line SDSL and T1 migration on the last day of the year for over $80 thousand MRC which led to finishing December over 500% of plan and number one sales manager in the company. Also, this sale was critical in our wholesale channel finishing over 100% of quota for 2004.
• Grew monthly revenue from $0 to over $40 thousand monthly, not including large migration sale on 12/31/04, in a twelve month period. Successfully transitioned majority of voice CLEC’s to VOIP services after regulatory changes made them have to change their product offering. From January 2004 to May 2005 (1 year 5 months) NationalRegional Director / Northeast @ Started Northeast Region for Covad Direct. Identified, hired and managed 8-10 National Account Executives located in Tier 1 markets in the Northeast for focus on enterprise prospects selling broadband and network services.
• Built team to full head-count within 60 days and became the top region in the country, surpassing existing, mature regions in the process.
• Finished over quota for first year. Successfully transitioned to enhanced role including selling into the agent and wholesale markets with new reps from other teams.
• Helped close many national accounts including Constellation Energy, Kaplan Learning Services, Ann Taylor, and others.
• Worked with reps to close over 30 new wholesale and master agent partners in 2003, including one of our largest partners, Netifice Communications, who brought on the largest opportunity of the year, Pfizer, with over $100 thousand in MRC From November 2001 to January 2004 (2 years 3 months) National Carrier Manager; Regional Manager @ National Account Manager / Carrier Sales, April 1999-November 2001
Transitioned to the wholesale and agent division focusing on new revenue acquisition and partner development.
• Identified and closed over 40 new partners consisting of CLEC’s, ISP’s, Carriers and Consultants generating over $40 thousand MRC by 4Q01.
• One of the top producing National Account Managers, exceeding quota most every month and for overall tenure.
• Sold several enterprise sales and frame relay networks to new and current partners.
Regional Sales Manager April 1999 – August 2000
Opened and launched new Maryland branch consisting of multiple sales teams managing revenue and quota attainment, recruiting and hiring, sales support and engineering, and branch P&L.
• Negotiated lease on new office in Columbia, Maryland
• Closed several key accounts including TRowe Price, BG&E (now Constellation Energy), St Agnus Hospital, Gieco, Integrated Health Systems and others.
• Hired and trained sales force focusing on daily activity and funnel management as well as being in the field most days on appointments and sales calls. From April 1999 to November 2001 (2 years 8 months) Columbia, MdBranch Sales Manager @ Managed the Baltimore sales office for LCI and Qwest for 8 years working with a team 8-12 sales reps as well as sales support, administration and engineering. Responsible for sales quota, activity and funnel management and second sales team when it opened in 1998.
• Finished in the top 10% in the country in 1998 for billed revenue and quota achievement.
• Averaged in the top 15% in the country from 1994-1998 for billed revenue and quota achievement.
• Grew branch to over $1 Million in recurring revenue from under 100K in 1991.
• Managed indirect channel sales in conjunction with direct sales from 1991-1995.
• Hired, developed and promoted over 10 sales reps to higher level positions.
• Obtained stock options on four separate occasions based on over-achievement.
• My team sold some of the largest companies in Maryland including GB&E, Pepco, Jos A Banks, University of Baltimore, US Internetworking, ACSI and several others.
• Success selling complex data solutions such as domestic and international frame relay, ATM, VPN, internet and integrated services.
• Sold Qwest’s first ATM network to US Internetworking in 1999.
• Top sales manager in my region from 1996-1998 based on billed revenue and quota achievement with my best year being my last.
• Consistently in the top 15% for sales managers across the country annually. From November 1991 to April 1999 (7 years 6 months) Linthicum, MdSales Rep / Senior Account Rep / Selling Sales Mgr @ Publically-held, facility based long distance carrier selling voice services to the SMB market.
Sales Rep / Senior Acct Rep / Selling Sales Mgr January 1990 – November 1992
Direct, outside sales position selling long distance services to businesses. Generated all leads by aggressive prospecting in the field.
• Top sales rep for orders and revenue for almost every month in the Baltimore office.
• Won multiple incentive trips for outstanding sales achievement.
• Promoted to Senior Account Rep and Selling Sales Mgr in 1991. From January 1990 to November 1991 (1 year 11 months) Owings Mills, Md
Towson University From 1986 to 1990 Bachelor's degree, Business Administration and Management, General @ Towson University From 1985 to 1989 Hammond High SchoolHammond High School Chuck Gelso is skilled in: Strategic Partnerships, VoIP, Solution Selling, Managed Services, Co-location, Telecommunications, Sales Management, Channel, Direct Sales, Sales Operations, Selling, Salesforce.com, CRM, Business Development, Data Center, Recruiting, Sales, SaaS, MPLS, IP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension