Software Engineer @ Backend services development in Node.js From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Greater New York City AreaPersonal Project @ Design and implementation of a web application that lets users organize photos they’ve liked on the Instagram social network into collections, which are broadcasted to their followers in a stream. It uses HTML5,
Software Engineer @ Backend services development in Node.js From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Greater New York City AreaPersonal Project @ Design and implementation of a web application that lets users organize photos they’ve liked on the Instagram social network into collections, which are broadcasted to their followers in a stream. It uses HTML5, CSS, Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery for the frontend and Python App Engine with NDB and Jinja2 for the backend. From November 2012 to October 2013 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaCorporate Operations Engineer @ Drove local and global IT projects through approvals and buy-in, planning, and implementation.
- Developed a Python SOAP API client and scripts that parse usage reports of a third party service and deletes unused user accounts. This reduced the monthly bill by about 40% and allows the team to manage these accounts programmatically.
- Wrote a Python App Engine application that gathers data and graphs metrics on measurable actions taken by support personnel.
- Curated coursework, books, and other resources for team members looking to expand their knowledge of Java.
Supported internal users with ChromeOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Blackberry issues as well as sales, finance, legal, and engineering applications and tools.
Deployed and supported services such as video conferencing, telephony, and printing.
Liaised with operations teams to figure out solutions and workarounds for outages and bugs.
Traveled to remote offices to collaborate with local and international teams (San Francisco, San Bruno, New York, Dublin, Sydney).
Contributed to the IT set-up (wireless testing, presentation setups, etc.) and provided IT support to local events and conferences. From August 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 2 months) Software Engineering Rotation @ Developer for the Techstop Info application.
- Designed and coded the Techstop Hours feature - auto-completing selectors in Google Closure with the corresponding Python on App Engine datastore property for its serialization.
Automated the release process for Techstop Toolbox (Java running on production infrastructure), lowering the time it takes to release a new version by 75% while minimizing human error.
Technical lead for the Techstop Online migration project.
- Ensured that all the technical aspects of migrating a knowledge base to another CMS were completed on schedule.
- Configured Google front end systems to route traffic and control access to the new system.
- Wrote an App Engine Python application to redirect thousands of daily requests for old URLs to the URL on the new system and store relevant metrics data. It uses the Google Docs API to periodically look at a spreadsheet of manual mappings and update its NoSQL datastore and memcache.
Participated in the support rotation for high priority bugs and feature requests for all of the team’s services. From April 2012 to June 2012 (3 months) Personal Project @ Researched the market feasibility of a service that allows small businesses to pay a monthly fee for plug and play tracking devices connected to their vehicles and access tracking data via a web app to improve fleet efficiency.
Based on open source code, wrote Java servers that parse location updates from GPS/GPRS tracking devices via UDP and stores them in a MySQL database. From April 2010 to August 2010 (5 months) Greater New York City AreaComputer Consultant @ Analyzed small business processes and used technology to improve their efficiency.
Provided technical computer service and systems advice.
Implemented and/or supported networked environments for small businesses. From August 2005 to August 2010 (5 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaInformation Solutions Engineering Intern @ Automated software installations.
Handled IT service requests for 1,800 engineers in a Windows/Cygwin environment.
Important contributor to projects such as the IT set up of a new visitor center. From July 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 2 months) Greater Boston Area
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration @ State University of New York at Stony Brook From 2005 to 2010 Carlos Gomez is skilled in: Linux, Python, Windows, Mac OS X, Java, TCP/IP, Ubuntu, Computer Hardware, OS X, Software Development, Customer Service, Google Apps, Android, Spanish, Web Development