IT Network Engineer - Implementations, Delivery, and Operations - Branch @ Cisco
IT Engineer Graduate @ Cisco
BTEC, Level 3 National Diploma In ICT @
I am a dedicated individual with high motivation looking to seek a career in Computer Networking, who will apply all my effort to achieve good outcomes. I have first-class communication and time-management skills which will help achieve aims and objectives set by the company. I have experience of designing networks, their testing and deployment, managing deployed networks,
I am a dedicated individual with high motivation looking to seek a career in Computer Networking, who will apply all my effort to achieve good outcomes. I have first-class communication and time-management skills which will help achieve aims and objectives set by the company. I have experience of designing networks, their testing and deployment, managing deployed networks, along with keeping sustainability and budgetary awareness in mind.
I am also a member of:
- IoD (Institute of Directors) - Dorset branch
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
IT Engineer - Implementation, Delivery, and Operations - Branch @ - Working on fleet, upgrading sites hardware to latest cisco technologies From December 2015 to Present (1 month) IT Engineer @ Notable Work:
- Working in a team on the installation and configuration of the Internet of Everything Centre of Excellence
- Foundational work at the Carrier Neutral Facility at London Telecity
- Foundational Case work on Cisco Data Centres
- Troubleshooting on-site issues
- On-site Wireless device upgrades project
- Cisco University Challenge (Events Management - Multiple universities invited to compete in a 24-hour "hackathon" challenge to drive innovative and creative solutions)
- Working on case work for Data Centre team regarding decommissions and ACE load balancer configuration.
- Implementing development Identify Services Engine (ISE) environment for testing From July 2015 to November 2015 (5 months) Final Year Student @ Currently completing my final year of university. From September 2014 to June 2015 (10 months) Bournemouth, United KingdomInfrastructure Analyst @ Working on the PepsiCo network maintaining it and supporting for over 5500 users as an Infrastructure Analyst - Compute.
I rolled out HP Insight Remote Support on PepsiCo managed servers which involves fault logs being automatically logged to HP, which then allowed the team to work closely with HP engineers to resolve incidents. The benefit of this is it provides a more proactive environment which will result in less down times for services we provide.
I was also a configuration manager for the Compute side of PepsiCo UK (PIUK) which involved keeping our CMDB up to date, which is widely used by the company throughout the UK.
I also managed the incidents that come through as 3rd/4th line support through the ITIL format on HP OVSD and GSM/SM9, looking to resolve them where others cannot. The issues may be active directory issues/LDAP, server issues (hardware or software related), and Citrix related issues for business critical applications.
Along with this I also worked on the SAR queue, which is a system for implementing access for users who have managers approval.
During my time at PepsiCo, I had the chance to work with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server 2000/2003/2008 R2
- Windows XP/Windows 7
- VMWare ESX(i) & vCenter/vSphere
- Novell Netware
- Active Directory Users & Computers
- Active Directory Sites & Services
- Active Directory Domains & Trusts
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- HP/Dell hardware such as ProLiant Servers, blades, rack servers, & tape libraries.
- Backup management with HP Data Protector
- HP SIM/IRS
- HP Library & Tape Tools (Windows)
- Cygwin for SSH/SFTP setup
Originally contracted as a student till the end of July 2014, although I was extended till the end of September after being invited to by PepsiCo management. From June 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 4 months)