Associate's degree, Computer Drafting and Design @
ITT TECH Torrance
A seasoned professional with extensive experience in the field of construction management and facilities development. Major strengths are the field of food services, retail, industrial and public works construction. A facilities development and construction project manager with skills in organizing, planning, design, scheduling, quality control, supervising, early problem identification, resolution and completion of projects within budget and
A seasoned professional with extensive experience in the field of construction management and facilities development. Major strengths are the field of food services, retail, industrial and public works construction. A facilities development and construction project manager with skills in organizing, planning, design, scheduling, quality control, supervising, early problem identification, resolution and completion of projects within budget and on time. A dependable and thorough team player, a well organized planner who is familiar with national and international building codes, construction laws and contracting.
Project manager/Superintendent @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Construction Manager and Facilities Development Consultant @ Working as an independent professional providing construction management and facilities development services to National Contractors, Retailers & Landlords.
-Construction Management service:
• PreConstruction Services.
• Construction Services: Site Coordination - Noise Mitigation - Quality Assurance/Quality Control - Schedule Control - Document Control - Issue Tracking - Safety - Onsite Design Change Management and Implementation - Inspection Coordination - Cash Flow / Payment Management - Change Controls - Owner Equipment and Materials Control - Cost and Schedule Variance Management.
• Closeout Services.
-Facilities Development Service:
• Energy Management and Light Controls.
• Renewable Energy.
• Facilities Expansion and Development.
• Multilevel Storage Systems.
• Automation Systems.
• Warehousing and Storage Preparation and Improvement. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaConsulting Member @ Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) manages the world’s largest leading network of experts, the GLG Councils. GLG’s mission is to transform the way top professionals share expertise and learn. We curate custom learning experiences with professionals and thought leaders around the world. GLG organizes conversations, small group meetings, mentorships, surveys, and other interactions with a membership of more than 375,000 experts. Technology-driven and nimble, our 900 employees work in 21 offices around the globe. GLG is the world’s largest membership for professional learning. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Project Manager - Facilities Development and Construction @ Oversee and direct the construction and facilities team to execute to the strategy of the company (On time delivery of spaces delivered within budget)
Provide architectural, engineering and design direction and quality of standards to outside consultants contractors and vendors
Solicit bids, qualify, negotiate and award construction contracts
Partner with non-merchandise procurement to determine long term strategy for sourcing building materials, fixtures and hardware
Develops and implements systems to monitor project performance against budget authorization, project schedules and established quality control standards; this includes identifying variances and working with the project managers to develop and implement plans to correct ineffective operations
Oversee and assist in all construction and design development for the growth of Forever 21; this includes fixtures, layouts, and overall project management
Lead the Facilities team with the construction of our global offices and facilities.
Develop a Fast Track construction process to deal with opportunistic locations
Directs the development and implementation of design and construction standards to ensure projects are executed at appropriate levels of quality
Ensures effective communication and customer service to all business partners including but not limited to store operations, real estate, non-merchandise procurement, marketing, transportation and senior management
Effectively protects institutional interests and ensures appropriate controls are in place to ensure compliance with all financial, regulatory and safety requirements
Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned From April 2013 to March 2014 (1 year) Greater Los Angeles AreaProject Engineer and Planner @ -Used construction documents to read and understand allocation of materials used in a retail construction sites.
-Gathered statistical data on supply usage, cost, distribution, and fluctuations.
-Maintained construction schedule, Identified and solved problems.
-Supported freight spends and cost analysis, Understood project plans specifications and project layouts.
-Maintained positive relationship with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
-Formulated projections for planning.
-Sourced new vendors domestic and overseas, conducted bids to ensure most beneficial price for the Company.
-Negotiated terms and pricing with vendors, and resolve any A\P or A\R issues.
-Coordinated deliveries and shipments.
-Created GANTT charts using MS Project and integrate construction scheduling with material orders.
-Visited jobsites, production facilities, and Forever 21 locations to review and inspect products, and resolve any QC related problems.
-Served as first point of contact for personnel and operational needs. Associate closely with multiple internal departments, external vendors and manufacturers.
-Supported RFP’s, KPI’s, metrics, and performance/quality rating data gathering, compilation, and reporting.
-Provided complete CCTV and Audio design for all new and remodel stores.
-Provided complete shop-drawings for custom fixtures and hardware along with installation instruction manuals and diagrams.
-Provided architecture drawings for several in-house construction projects.
-Prepared Take-Offs, estimates, schedules, reports, RFIs, change orders and supervised completion of final punch list. From March 2011 to April 2013 (2 years 2 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaPM/Estimator/Consultant @ • Fullerton College, new science village. (new construction)
• Zayna flaming grill. (commercial - Renovation)
• K world whole sale. (commercial – Renovation)
• Blue Nile restaurant. (commercial – renovation)
• Residential. ( LA, Torrance, Cerritos, west LA, PV) (Renovation, landscaping, electric)
• Several Construction Management account. From January 2008 to November 2010 (2 years 11 months) Superintendent @ • Torrance Skypark airport. (new electric service)
• Carson city refinery (retaining walls, fencing, grading)
• Mt. San Antonio College. (New construction, landscaping)
• Green Ville E.S., Santa Ana. (landscaping, playground, fencing)
• Metro service stations. (Downtown, LA, Carson) (New construction, landscaping) From March 2009 to May 2010 (1 year 3 months) PM/Superintendent @ • Several LAUSD projects. From August 2006 to February 2008 (1 year 7 months) PM/Superintendent @ • Several Public Works projects. (new construction, theaters, paving, office buildings and high rise residential) From 2002 to 2005 (3 years)
Bachelor's degree, Construction Management @ ITT TECH Torrance From 2011 to 2014 Associate's degree, Computer Drafting and Design @ ITT TECH Torrance From 2008 to 2010 Bachelor's degree, Architecture Engineering and Environmental Design @ Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport From 2001 to 2005 Beshoy Farag is skilled in: Process Scheduler, MS Project, Project Planning, Construction Management, Construction, Contract Negotiation, Purchasing, Retail, Procurement, Contract Management, Sourcing, CAD, Manufacturing, AutoCAD, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension