Python Developer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Software Engineer @ Work directly with cutting-edge medical institutions including Stanford Cancer Institute and University of California (UCSF) Cancer Genomics Lab to create clinical knowledge base and reporting software for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) devices. Responsibilities include gathering requirements from the physicians, creating rigorous HIPAA-compliant specifications, working
Python Developer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Software Engineer @ Work directly with cutting-edge medical institutions including Stanford Cancer Institute and University of California (UCSF) Cancer Genomics Lab to create clinical knowledge base and reporting software for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) devices. Responsibilities include gathering requirements from the physicians, creating rigorous HIPAA-compliant specifications, working with hospital interface teams to integrate with existing systems, deployment, testing, writing both user documentation and technical documentation, and ongoing user support. From May 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 1 month) Software Engineer @ Debug live site errors, upgrade web application platform, resolve daily maintenance requests for all layers of the web application, and improve the unit testing and regression testing infrastructures.
● Updated hundreds of lines of Python spread across hundreds of files in order to migrate entire product from Python 2.5 to Python 2.7 in less than four months.
● Wrote several internal web tools in order to augment the administrative interface to the company database. This allowed content curators to manage individual accounts without having to directly query the database.
● Improved product documentation by adding graphics which diagram the functionality of the product’s custom middleware and exactly how it computes the information displayed on each page from entries stored in the database. From June 2013 to May 2014 (1 year) IT Resident @ Develop and maintain internal business applications. Provide in-person and remote help desk support to all Google employees for any software or hardware issues. Maintain IT services such as networking, file sharing, videoconferencing, printing, and VOIP phone systems. Improve IT experience via custom software applications, new documentation for processes and tools, and improvements to inventory management systems.
● Spent four months on full-time rotation with the Support Tools development group
● Developed focus group methodology that evaluates the current effectiveness of Google’s IT strategy and allows managers to target specific areas for improvement. Pilot project was so successful that the methodology was released as a company-wide initiative to all Google offices.
● Founded weekly Python tutorial class to help peers develop programming skills. Developed a curriculum, booked lecturers, and evaluated students’ skill levels as the class progressed. Also coordinated with our Corporate Engineering department to assign programming tasks to students so they might apply their new skills in a professional production environment. The class has become very popular among IT Residents and its structure is being used as template to create similar groups for other topics.
● Received award from CIO in June 2012 for my role in installing the Google Video Conference system, one of the largest civilian videoconferencing systems in the world.
● Selected to serve two international office rotations: three months in Dublin, Ireland and one month in Seoul, South Korea. Received commendations from the managers and users in both offices for superior performance. From June 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 1 month) Founder/President @ Managed team of three developers, directed design and implementation of custom software solutions, communicated with clients, and managed advertising and accounting.
● Clients included Premier Transportation, The LeBlanc Financial Alliance, and Knoxville General Services
● Grew business within four months to over thirty individual clients and three corporate clients
● Designed and implemented website, billing system, and advertisements From August 2009 to June 2011 (1 year 11 months) Software Development Intern @ Duties included developing Internet and database applications to support the USA National Phenology Network (http://www.usanpn.org), the Mercury metadata management toolset (http://mercury.ornl.gov) and the ORNL Distributed Active Archive Center for Biogeochemical Dynamics (http://daac.ornl.gov). Mentor: Dr. Bruce E. Wilson ([email protected]), Group Leader, Environmental Data Science and Systems.
● Received special commendation from Dr. Bruce Wilson for superior performance in relation to work on the USA-NPN
● Contributed to the overall USA-NPN development effort, which received $200K of FY09 funding from USGS
● Invited participant in the 2008 Research Coordination Network meeting for USA-NPN (Milwaukee, WI) From June 2007 to August 2009 (2 years 3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension