PHP Developer (contractor) @ LINX (The London Internet Exchange)
When developing software I try to use the prototype approach where I can have a
When developing software I try to use the prototype approach where I can have a working solution and make sure this is what the client/manager wants in the application, after this step I polish the application using SOLID principles and add unit/behavior tests.
I am currently only looking for contractor work.
Full Stack Developer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Backend Developer @ Squawka is the award winning digital companion for football fans that uses real-time data visualizations to explain the game. Since launching in June 2012, Squawka has been used by over 8 million mobile & web football fans around the World to understand more about the game that they love.
Since being here at Squawka I also had the opportunity to be in projects where:
- I used Symfony 2.7 to create football betting sites from the ground up.
- Created the administration area using Sonata.
- Created all the logic for presenting the user all the games he could bet on. (frontend and backend)
- Designed the database (MySQL).
I have also created a Vagrant+Puppet machine for myself and the rest of the developers so that we all have the same running environment.
I also created some ansible scripts to make deployment of projects simpler and easier. From December 2014 to October 2015 (11 months) London, United KingdomSenior PHP Developer/Junior C Developer @ My first project was to develop a NFC application in C.
The user would scan a NFC tag (MIFARE) and in the browser a login window would appear where the user would just have to type a pin number.
This project involved:
- C with libNFC and libZMQ
- Php (with ZeroMQ extension)
I was able to develop the application without any prior knowledge of NFC or ZeroMQ.
I developed every part of this system, which then communicated with AllSaints services to get the user, authorization, etc.
Another project was to create a label generator service. (internal service)
The serial number would be passed via post as long as the product description (title, color, size etc).
The service would then create a valid EAN13 serial number and create a serial barcode image using imagemagik which would then be incorporated with all the rest of the information in a SVG label template. The template could also be specified via post data for increased flexibility of the service.
The end result would be a pdf (created via imagemagik) that would be served to a Brother label printer (using a cups command).
This project involved:
- ImageMagick (direct command line call)
- Inkscape (for editing the SVG label template)
- Brother printer (lots of printing to achieve best label output)
Other responsibilities include:
Improvements/bug fixes on the AllSaints.com site.
Improvements/bug fixes on AllSaints internal tools/websites.
These improvements are made using:
- Php 5.3/5.4 (in-house framework, Symfony HttpFoundation, Twig and other libraries)
- Html/Css (small fixes/improvements on the front end). From May 2014 to November 2014 (7 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Engineer @ Working with a team of seasoned Java developers and contributing to a major java ad application which uses: Tomcat 7, Spring, RabbitMQ, Hibernate, Google Web Toolkit From March 2014 to May 2014 (3 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Engineer @ Working with Linux, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache, PHP5, Behat, BDD, DDD, CQRS, Agile, Hadoop, Pig and Vertica.
- Implemented PHP script to call Pig script to run a map/reduce on a single node Hadoop machine, get the data and insert the result in a RabbitMQ Queue.
- Working on internal applications (php5, mongo, mysql, vertica)
- Created application to allow communication between Salesforce and internal CRM
- SSO implementation for internal application websites.
- Created several business reports with the help of a custom framework
- Created a dashboard project where the business heads could get an overview of the performance of every department. From May 2012 to March 2014 (1 year 11 months) London, United KingdomWeb Programmer @ Working with:
Creating sites from the ground up with html/css.
Using PHP for additional features.
Some of the projects I worked on:
- Davai facebook App backoffice - (currently offline)
- Created the backoffice for editing the facebook app of Davai.
Used: PHP 5/Zend Framework/Mysql
- Worked on http://www.sfrpay.fr/
- http://www.superbock.pt/ and http://www.superbockangola.com/
Used: jQuery, jQuery Templates (already in the project), Handlebars js
These are only some of the projects I have worked on.
- PHP 5
- Drupal 6 / Drush
- Talend (Java)
- Apache Solr
- Ubuntu server
I maintained the following web sites:
- http://www.ocasiao.pt (ads website)
- http://www.sousexy.pt (adult ads website)
Created new features, corrected bugs (either in the front end or back end) using js/php From May 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 4 months) Lisbon Area, PortugalWeb Programmer, SugarCRM Developer @ Worked with SugarCRM
- adding new modules to the CRM
- updated modules by adding new features
- corrected bugs
- created modules from the ground up.
Also worked on small projects with the Zend Framework From November 2009 to May 2010 (7 months) Lisbon Area, PortugalWeb Programmer @ As a PHP web programmer I worked on:
This website was using a custom CMS (private and very old) in php 4.
I had to learn the ins and outs of the system by reading the code due to the lack of documentation.
I upgraded and corrected certain areas of the web site
- http://www.leiloes.net (now coisas.com)
This website was using a proprietary auctions system.
Added functionality and corrected bugs. From May 2009 to August 2009 (4 months) Lisbon Area, PortugalWeb Programmer @ Managing ad placement on takeovers of IOLs websites.
Took care of newsletter sending/editing.
Integrate Double click ads with the IOL sites.
- (Other IOL sites).
Created specific campaign pages (html/css/js/php/oracle) when required by campaign (voting pages or game pages for example). From April 2008 to April 2009 (1 year 1 month) Lisbon Area, Portugal
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension