Certified Java software engineer with over 9 years experience developing high volume transactional enterprise web applications from identifying requirements to implementation and trouble-shooting. Expertise with the full stack of modern Java Enterprise frameworks (front-end, server-side, DB persistence) and Agile development methodologies. Self-starter with passion for solving complex challenges, ability to identify/resolve system bottlenecks and potential limitations in
Certified Java software engineer with over 9 years experience developing high volume transactional enterprise web applications from identifying requirements to implementation and trouble-shooting. Expertise with the full stack of modern Java Enterprise frameworks (front-end, server-side, DB persistence) and Agile development methodologies. Self-starter with passion for solving complex challenges, ability to identify/resolve system bottlenecks and potential limitations in software architecture. Key strengths include extra flexibility to handle changes, ability to quickly and easily adapt to new projects, teams, technologies and environments.
- Deep understanding of core Java fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, concurrency, RMI, JDBC, XML, XSD, JAXB, JNDI.
- Web-tier/data access frameworks & technologies: Spring 3, Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate 3.6, JPA 2.0, EJB 3.0, Apache CXF, JMS, Servlets, JSP
- Expert in REST approach of Web Service development.
- Application/Web Servers: JBoss 4.x – 5.x, Tomcat 6, 7, WebSphere
- Databases: Oracle 10g, MS SQL 2008, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Project management/TDD tools: Maven, Ant, jUnit, jMock
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, XP), TDD practices Frequent use Groovy for many Java related development tasks
- Object-oriented principles, design patterns, UML modeling
- Linux (RehHat) bash scripting
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer (OCPJP) certification passed with 93%
Senior Java Software Engineer @ Project: National lotteries
Massive game portal hosting over hundred draw-based and instant win games, legal national lotteries operator in the UK
Technology stack: Java 7, Spring 4, Hibernate 4, JPA 2.0, DB2, Groovy, Grails, Apache CXF, MongoDB, ActiveMq, Tomcat 6, Gradle.
● Worked in tight collaboration with the customer on gathering, clarifying and analysing business and system requirements, performed impact analysis on existing subsystems, researched potential limitations and performance bottlenecks
● Analysed problems and issues with behaviour of various 3rd party integration API’s (identity check services, payments processing providers etc.)
● Designed and developed payment processing system supporting credit card and direct debit payments (BACS, ADDACS, AUDDIS)
● Architectured and implemented game catalog, importing pipeline, games preview and testing framework
● Built fast and robust event logging and notification subsystem using MongoDB From June 2013 to February 2015 (1 year 9 months) London, United KingdomSenior Java Software Engineer/Team Lead @ Project: eFinancialCareers
Complete redesign of financial industry’s leading career website which involved building of complex distributed enterprise application utilizing RESTapproach for exposing of flexible and reliable Web Service API for job searching and posting.
Technology stack:Spring 3, Hibernate 3.6, EhCache, JPA 2.0, Apache CXF, MongoDB, MS SQL 2008, Tomcat 6, Maven, JAXB, Spring MVC, jQuery, Groovy, Endeca
● Established and finetuned build system(Maven profiling, plugins), Continuous Integration (Jenkinsserver) and deployment environments
● Built Proof of Conceptsapplication to evaluate key approaches, technologies and features, drove the adoption of RESTmodel of web services offering
● Designed layered architecture and developed core foundation of the main application tiers (domain model, data transfer layer, DAO, UI controllers, WS)
● Designed and developed Authentication WS based on oAuthprotocol implementing custom sequential tokensemantic for imposing of additional securityguarantees
￼● Designed RESTful API and implemented job posting WS for multiple global providers rd
(eQuest, Broadbean etc.), supported 3parties on integration with the new system
● Architected and implemented robust system for continuous data synchronization between
redesign and legacy applications (migration of large volumes of data, normalization ,batch processing, fail safe and fault tolerant behavior)
● Built Testutility frameworkfor simplifying of integration, performance and DBlayer testing
● Was in charge of security audit and eliminated XSS, Crosssite request forgery, username
enumeration etc. vulnerabilities
● Implemented module for jobfeeds logging utilizing NoSQL storage (MongoDB) From May 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 2 months) Java Software Engineer @ Legacy enterprise application aimed to automate travel company business processes where massive data volumes posed challenges in performance optimizations, transactional efficiencies and searching logic.
Technology stack:Spring 2.5, Hibernate 3, JSP 2.1, JBoss 5.1.0, Oracle 11g, JAXB, Ajax, JSON, EhCache, Maven
● Utilized profiling tools (e.g. Fusion Reactor) to monitor production issues and evaluate performance metrics, identified major bottlenecks and provided action plan for optimizing of overall site performance
● Significantly increased data access layer performance (Hibernate3 + Oracle 11g)by applying more efficient fetching strategies, creating indexes, optimizing queries/getting rid of most heavy/redundant ones, eliminating N + 1 selects, cartesian products etc
● Applied denormalization of certain DB tables containing mostly immutable/readonly data (locations hierarchy)
● Proved the validity and performed migration from Hibernatenative interfaces & mapping files
to JPA 2.0standard From November 2010 to May 2011 (7 months) Java Software Engineer @ High traffic transactional eCommerce application (with over 15k unique visitors per day) ranked as No. 1 French retailer. Complexity of this project was in providing acceptable catalog search and navigation performance with more than 350k products available online.
Technology stack:Spring 3, JSP 2.1, JBoss 4.2.2, Oracle 11g, jdbc, Ajax, jQuery, ant 1.8 Key Achievements:
● Implementedproduct catalog offeringhigh performance of search, browsing and navigation operations while being able to contain more than 350k products
● Implemented RESTfulWSfor gathering stock level information of products in more than 100 stores on nightly basis and providing it on demand in form of JSON objects or XML elements
● Integrated JBoss TreeCachein order to increase performance of stock statuses retrieval
● Implemented stock information presentation using Ajax. From March 2010 to November 2010 (9 months) Java Software Engineer @ eCommerce online store integrated in children’s educational portal.
Technology stack:Spring 3, JSP 2.1, JBoss 4.2.2, jdbc, Oracle 11g, Ajax, Dojo, JAXB, JSON, ant 1.8 Key Achievements:
● Conceptually designed and implemented Single Sign On functionality for centralised authentication within multiple web applications
● Was responsible for design and implementation of checkout flow logic (both backend and UI parts)
● Performed integration with 3party order fulfillment and payment systems
● Implemented targeting framework allowing business users to associate advertising companies, promo content, catalog extensions etc. with certain user groups through the set of business rules
● Implemented faceted search in categories using Ajax(Dojo library)for dynamic interaction and search results presentation. From January 2009 to March 2010 (1 year 3 months) Java Software Engineer @ Global retailer with more than 150k products available online.
Technology stack:Servlets 2.5, JSP 2.1, JBoss 4.2.2, jdbc, Oracle 11g, Ajax, Dojo, JAXB, JSON, ant 1.8
● Implemented navigation by category
● Refactored integration with CyberSourceeCommerce Payment Management System in order
to optimize checkout flowand reduce number of credit card authorization callsto service (monthlysaving ~40k $) From April 2008 to January 2009 (10 months) Java Software Engineer @ Solutions for travel and hospitality business.
Technology stack: Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JSP 2.1, WebSphere, MySQL, Ajax, jQuery, Ant Key Achievements:
● Implemented data access components using Hibernate
● Performed integration and optimization of payment management system
● Implemented rich presentation layer using jQuery From September 2006 to April 2008 (1 year 8 months)