Assistant Professor of Marketing @ The University of Toledo
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) @
Xi (Alan) Zhang earned his Ph.D. degree from J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. He is currently an Assistant Professor in Marketing, College of Business and Innovation, the University of Toledo. Before joining UT, he worked at the Center for Excellence in Brand and Customer Management where he helped Fortune 500 companies implement analytical
Xi (Alan) Zhang earned his Ph.D. degree from J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. He is currently an Assistant Professor in Marketing, College of Business and Innovation, the University of Toledo. Before joining UT, he worked at the Center for Excellence in Brand and Customer Management where he helped Fortune 500 companies implement analytical approaches to analyze customer spending pattern, measure marketing’s influences on customer behavior, develop customer retention and win-back strategies, and predict customer lifetime values. His research centers on solving relevant marketing problems by using rigorous methodologies. His research spans across industries from retailing to telecommunication, channels from catalog to digital, and platforms from online review to crowdsourcing. He is well trained in building and testing statistical models, and mining data for insights of managerial relevance.
Assistant Professor of Marketing @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Data Scientist & Statistician @ * Help regional and Fortune 500 companies solve complex statistical & business problems
* Extract valuable information from Big Data, including data cleaning, compiling and mining
* Develop statistical models to forecast consumer behavior, including prospect acquisition, retention, churn and default, cross/up sell, customer lifetime value, customer winback, etc.
* Interpret and communicate analysis findings to management and provide actionable recommendations
* Specialize in customer segmentation & predictive modeling with a combination of knowledge and experience from marketing, statistics and applied econometrics From August 2009 to July 2015 (6 years) Greater Atlanta AreaPh.D. Student @ * Academic background and knowledge in marketing theory and quantitative methodologies
* Hands-on experience in database management, customer segmentation and predictive modeling
* Invited presentation in academic conferences at Ann Arbor, Boston, Orlando and Atlanta
* Invited presentation at universities in the US, Canada and Hong Kong
* Taught undergraduate courses, such as marketing management, marketing research
* Winner of the Best Dissertation Proposal Competition in Direct/Interactive Marketing sponsored by Marketing Edge From August 2009 to July 2015 (6 years) Greater Atlanta AreaMarket Research Specialist @ * Actively involved in various market research projects, main clients including Taobao, L'Oréal, Nokia etc.
* Accomplished project assignments on schedule and in high quality, such as investigating the potential MP4 market of Guangzhou, color cosmetic market of Beijing and C2C business of China From March 2004 to March 2005 (1 year 1 month) Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Marketing @ Georgia State University - J. Mack Robinson College of Business From 2009 to 2015 Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Marketing @ Lingnan University From 2007 to 2009 Bachelor with Honors, Business Administration @ Guangdong University of Foreign Studies From 2003 to 2007 Alan Ph.D. is skilled in: SAS, GAUSS, R, Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Predictive Modeling, Segmentation, Logistic Regression, Econometrics, Quantitative Research, Multivariate Analysis, Modeling, Forecasting, Qualitative Research, Statistics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension