Finance Director, EMEA - FP&A (interim) @ McCormick & Company
Group Management Finance Controller (Global Head of FP&A) @ British American Tobacco
O'Connell School, Dublin
A high energy, results driven finance executive with extensive international experience gained primarily during a career with British American Tobacco (BAT). Excellent relationship skills with an ability to adapt very quickly in difficult business environments. A reputation for delivering outstanding financial results (both through top line growth and rigorous cost management), demonstrating excellent leadership skills and developing
A high energy, results driven finance executive with extensive international experience gained primarily during a career with British American Tobacco (BAT). Excellent relationship skills with an ability to adapt very quickly in difficult business environments. A reputation for delivering outstanding financial results (both through top line growth and rigorous cost management), demonstrating excellent leadership skills and developing talent pipelines.
Held a wide variety of roles at BAT, both in Finance and leading major projects. Successfully operated at all levels of the Group including business unit Finance Director, Regional commercial and supply chain finance roles and senior global finance roles. Strong engagement and change management skills that have been deployed effectively in driving major change programmes at group level.
Group Management Finance Controller @ Reporting to the Group Finance Controller and working closely with Regional Finance Directors and the CFO, main responsibilities included
• Manage the group quarterly financial forecasting exercise and provide relevant high
quality insight on Group profit and cash flow to CFO & Management Board
• Proactively monitor and challenge regional & business unit performance and manage
sensitivities to ensure group financial objectives are achieved
• Drive and deliver Group’s annual budget process to the point of PLC Board approval
• Play a key role in the planning and implementation of the global SAP template (and the
related BI solution) from a group perspective
• Manage head office costs and group central income proactively to increase
transparency and identify and drive opportunities for cost reduction
• Drive improvements in group financial management processes and reporting outputs From April 2011 to August 2015 (4 years 5 months) London, United KingdomTarget Operating Model Project Manager @ Reporting to the Global Integration Programme Manager (who reported to the Group Chief Executive), the Target Operating Model (TOM) project was the design project to deliver the future cohesive above market way of working for the group. Specifically, this involved the definition and endorsement of
• The major business processes and the next level processes required to drive the
business with clarity on ownership, standardisation and, execution responsibility
• The organisation capability and structure required to support these processes
• Key performance indicators for each major processes and the data required to measure
The work was a critical foundation for the success of the BAT global SAP rollout, which is currently in progress From August 2009 to March 2011 (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomSub Saharan Africa Area Fin Director @ • Responsible for finance function and overall commercial performance (as a top team
member) of this complex geography which covers 38 markets
• Drive profit growth through initiatives including pricing strategy, business model
changes, migration of back office above market, improved management of distributors
and reduce overhead cost base
• Release cash to business through improved debt management, tighter capex review,
trade mark sales, sale of surplus assets and tighter stock management From March 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 6 months) KenyaHead of Operations Finance - Africa & Middle East @ • Financially responsibility for the performance of all factories, leaf growing operations and
supply chains across Africa and the Middle East.
• Play a key role in optimising business performance including factory closures, business
restructuring and process re-engineering to drive £40m of annual P&L savings From February 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomFinance Director - Bangladesh @ • Ensure delivery of key financial metrics in line with regional expectations
• Establish the strategic planning function and capabilities to ensure business objectives,
measures of success and KPIs are aligned with corporate strategies.
• Lead the development of the company’s excise strategy and drive the government
engagement program to minimise increases in tobacco taxation.
• As a member of the Foreign Investors’ Tax and Tariff committee, work with government
on issues affecting the business community, including corporate governance From October 2001 to August 2005 (3 years 11 months)
FCA @ Institute of Chartered Accountants in IrelandO'Connell School, Dublin Alan King is skilled in: Finance, FMCG, Forecasting, Managerial Finance, Financial Audits, Business Strategy, Financial Reporting, Business Planning, IFRS, Change Management, Shared Services, SAP, Financial Modeling, Financial Analysis, Internal Controls
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension