MSc, Computer System Engineering @
My career in the IT industry is particularly diverse but I am inspired most when given the opportunity to manage the complete software development lifecycle of bespoke, business critical applications. Utilises my exceptional communication skills, I am able to engage with clients to understand their specific and unique requirements, ensuring that these are then incorporated into the
My career in the IT industry is particularly diverse but I am inspired most when given the opportunity to manage the complete software development lifecycle of bespoke, business critical applications. Utilises my exceptional communication skills, I am able to engage with clients to understand their specific and unique requirements, ensuring that these are then incorporated into the project plan to ensure that the solutions delivered always exceed expectations.
I have considerable experience in supporting applications in live high availability production environments, identifying any faults or issues and ensuring these are swiftly resolved. Even when working in situations of intense pressure, I always demand excellence of myself and the wider project team, ensuring that we consistently deliver exceptional results for clients.
With a strong background in strategic and operational IT management, I can bring acute commercial awareness to development projects, enabling me to ensure that business requirements are always taken into account in the design and development process.
If your organisation could benefit from someone whose approach to application development is both innovative and creative, please email me on afs at eimaits.co.uk and I will call you back to discuss how I could add value to your development team.
SC Senior Engineering System Administrator (DevOps) @ Key Achievements
• Managing/Leading biweekly Agile and quarterly main releases with full ownership of the SDLC. The release tasks include close participation in the release lifecycle. Developing, building, testing, merging and deployment. In addition to applying any required infra-structure changes.
• Deploying code to different environments DEV, QA and Production.
• Building, configuring, supporting and managing different environment types that have a mixture of Windows and Redhat Linux.
• Designing complex fault tolerant, high capacity and high availability architecture according to the requirements.
• Providing third line Production support to the global enterprise infrastructure.
• Troubleshooting and resolving any live escalated Production site issues
• Developing and implementing processes automation using C#, and PowerShell and Bash.
• Extensive PowerShell scripting experience conducting different tasks i.e. configuration Windows OS, automating tasks, creating reports, developing reusable modules, controlling services and scheduled tasks.
• Extensive experience in deploying code, configuring and cloning IIS configuration using MSDeploy.
• Supporting approximately 185 applications written in Java and C#.
• Using Continuous Integration and MSBuild to build and integrate complex applications that drive monster.com, jobsearch.gov.uk, jobvacancies.businesslink.gov.uk. These sites are driven by C# web applications/services, Windows services and Java web services.
• Providing support and designing new solutions based on AWS platform
• Liaising with third party suppliers From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) London, United KingdomSystem Analyst C# Developer @ Key Achievements
• Designing and building a petrol tax reporting system using Crystal Reports to import petrol expenditure and calculate the tax and VAT rebate before producing a printable report in FO format using C#
• Developing a system to collect information about UAE citizens in the UK from the Educational, Health, Police and Military Attachés for export to a central database using a web service and scheduled task using PowerShell and C#
• Creating a resources booking system enabling diplomats to book a service and propose a driver, vehicle and a PR host, confirmed by the head of PR and logistics and with SMS confirmation sent to the driver and the host using C#
• Gathering and analysing business requirements and developing applications in accordance with business rules From January 2012 to March 2012 (3 months) London, United KingdomContracting Developer / Project Manager @ • Successfully completing a number of projects using C# for clients including:
o Developing a website for a estate agent comprising a seamless language switching between English, German, Russian and Arabic
o Building a custom web crawler to extract content from a website to 56,000 document
o Creating a crawler to collect contact information from a list of websites for a telesales company
o Building a news aggregator to scan multiple websites based on predefined keywords and email them in a user friendly format
• Preparing the business case for a government tender worth £2.86 million on behalf of the Saudi based company
• Addressing all pricing and technical specifications for the project to set up a highly available website with an advanced search engine that could host a content of 15,000 pages to be translated into ten languages From October 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomIT Manager @ Key Achievements
• Project managing the design and development of the newspaper pagination system with an interactive web interface enabling the operator to create a pagination map for use by the system, with build in Business Logic; delivering significant improvements to product speeds and driving down costs
• Leading the design and implementation of a live TV transmission system
• Coordinating the seamless relocation of the proofreading department from London to Cairo including designing a new file transfer and retrieval system
• Developing a number of bespoke applications in order to achieve automation or integration including:
o Attendance reporting system – collating information from a daily access database, aggregating the data and producing attendee report for staff, with the GUI enabling operators to add staff holidays and allowing rotas to be defined by staff
o Invoicing system for freelance writers – developing a system that contacts a web service that lists any articles published by a freelancer and prices the articles based on country of origin, number of words and popularity
o Asynchronous FTP transmission – setting PDF transmission as a scheduled task with taskbar notification to send PDF files synchronously thereby eliminating waiting time for PDF completion
o Islamic prayer time collector – a system to collate information for the prayer time section for 38 cities worldwide from a third party website and placing this in an image for insertion in the DTP; reducing time taken for this task from four hours to two minutes
o Stock markets and currency exchange collection – connects to a web service to get live feed minutes before going to print From October 2001 to September 2010 (9 years) Project Manager, ArabNet Technology @ Key Achievements
• Developing a very popular website (www.asharqalawsat.com) with unique browsing features including display and retrieval of a particular issue of the newspaper as it was printed on paper, even for archived issues
• Managing the complete lifecycle of key projects to develop web-based applications and NT based internet services in accordance with business and client objectives
• Analysing project requirements and developing bespoke project plans to enable the delivery of projects on time and in accordance with quality standards From June 2000 to October 2001 (1 year 5 months) London, United Kingdom
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension