I am an experienced IT Professional with eight years Software Development experience within a Microsoft development environment. With specialist development skills in C#, SQL Server and .Net. I have experience in both Web (WCF, Silverlight, and ASP.net) and Windows (Services, Forms) application development. I have a sharp eye for detail and quality and have experience of working
I am an experienced IT Professional with eight years Software Development experience within a Microsoft development environment. With specialist development skills in C#, SQL Server and .Net. I have experience in both Web (WCF, Silverlight, and ASP.net) and Windows (Services, Forms) application development. I have a sharp eye for detail and quality and have experience of working throughout the software development lifecycle. I am a self motivated individual who is both deadline focused and thorough in my approach to work.
I also have the ability to analyze the behaviour of code to diagnose problems and find the underlying causes. I am a determined individual who goes the extra mile to achieve my desired goals.
Specialties: Microsoft C# .NET,
Microsoft Excel (VBA)
Team Lead - Software Development @ From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaSoftware Developer @ From December 2010 to June 2012 (1 year 7 months) Software Developer @ • Working within a Microsoft development environment, specialized in C#, ASP.net and SQL Server technologies.
• Assistance to the Manager with Project Management and Reporting
• Involved in all aspects of the software life-cycle from analysis, design, development and testing of software prior to installation.
• Interacting with Clients to analyze, understand and scope requirements
• Responsible for writing detailed technical specifications from high-level business specifications
• Working throughout the software life-cycle, developing and testing software based on specifications.
In Addition to the above our Development tasks involved :
• Build customer relationships by managing change requests
• Develop and support custom Tailored CRM and non-CRM applications for clients
• Design and develop in-house systems to support operations
• Primary support for MIS to convert raw data into meaningful information
• Use extensive knowledge of wide array of systems for integration purposes
• Enterprise wide database administrator tasks which involve designing of databases, usage of Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Cursor’s. From July 2006 to December 2010 (4 years 6 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaMIS Co-Ordinator @ The main duty of the MIS Coordinator role was assistance to the MIS Manger, Call Centre Managers and Team Leaders with client specific formatted reports. Input Data was sourced from the Telephony Systems (Avaya and Alcatel) and formatted into meaningful statistics which was then presented to Call Centre Managers and Team Leaders for analysis.
An overview of the reports that were covered by the MIS Department included the following;
• Call Centre Service levels, Abandonment Rate and Answered percentages
• Punctuality and Absenteeism
• Utilization / Efficiency percentages within the Call Centre’s
• Telephonic / Email Quality Assurance
• Outbound Telephonic usage
• Monitor staffing levels in accordance to the call arrival patterns
• Schedule Adherence and Staff Scheduling
To achieve the necessary reports required detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel Formula’s.Ensuring efficiency of the statistics we used Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in which Macros to automate the processing were developed. During this position I was introduced to Microsoft SQL 2000 and Database usage from the Software Development Department. From April 2005 to June 2006 (1 year 3 months) Johannesburg Area, South AfricaTeam Leader @ Worked as the Team Leader on the Tiscali Project (Internet Service Provider) - these roles involved managing a team of 15 Agents and coordinated the daily activities of the customer care department by means of highly customer centre approach to Tiscali clients.
Team Leader duties included:
• Monitor agent’s punctuality, attendance and quality of calls over the phone (agent performance)
• Monitor calls volumes and statistics/trends.
• Designing of shifts in accordance to the calls trends
• Delivering all MIS requirements for the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Deliver quality MIS to my operations manager.
• Daily, Weekly, Monthly and quarterly performance reviews of Agents – One to One meetings
• Developing systems, ideas , processes and implementing them,
• Rostering and Scheduling Daily Lunch and Tea Breaks of staff
• Implementing team-building aspects such as brainstorming
• Complaint analysis and corrective measures
• Staff recruitment, retention and appraisals From May 2003 to April 2005 (2 years)
ICAgile Certified Professional, Agile Methodologies @ DVT From 2014 to 2014 Conference, Development Methodology @ DVT From 2014 to 2014 Web Development Fundamentals, Information Technology @ LGIT - Smart Solutions From 2014 to 2014 New Managers Development Programme (NMDP) @ University of Stellenbosch From 2013 to 2014 Microsoft Technologies @ ISolve Business Solutions From 2011 to 2011 Certificate of Competence, Payments Industry @ S1 From 2011 to 2011 National Certificate in Information Technology, Information Technology @ Technikon South Africa From 2001 to 2001 A+ Certified Technician (CompTIA Certified) @ Workgroup Instiitute From 1999 to 1999 National Certificate Engineering, Electrical Engineering @ Johannesburg Technical College From 1998 to 1998 National Certificate in Information Technology, Information Technology @ Technikon South Africa From 1998 to 1998 Yaseen Suleman is skilled in: Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, C#, Software Development, .NET, ASP.NET, WCF, Visual Basic, Silverlight, Windows, Integration, WPF, Team Leadership, SQL, Design Patterns
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension