Software engineer with experience in managing and architecting various projects in travel and e-Commerce domains. Managing a team of 12 engineers to launch projects under very tight deadlines. Continuous process improvement to increase team's productivity. Mentoring team members to build leadership for the next level. Solid background in full life-cycle development process including requirements gathering, design, coding,
Software engineer with experience in managing and architecting various projects in travel and e-Commerce domains. Managing a team of 12 engineers to launch projects under very tight deadlines. Continuous process improvement to increase team's productivity. Mentoring team members to build leadership for the next level. Solid background in full life-cycle development process including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance. Highly motivated team-player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Lead Software Engineer @ • Manage a R&D initiative that re-defines user experience on Switchfly core platform to enable standard cross multiple clients and shorten time to market. Improve the team velocity by 30% after joining the team
• Lead the effort to converge mobile and desktop applications into one application, where the resources can be dynamically loaded based on the device type
• Anticipate the need and initiate the effort for mobile automation testing
• Manage a Professional Service initiative with up to 12 engineers to launch 5 new clients in a year
• Lead the effort to scale the process and the team from 12 to 30+ people in a engineering reorganization
• Improve management efficiency cross departments by transitioning a manual process to a real time project management tool
• Propose and execute new ideas to improve development process. One of the processes improved the quality of the requirements and increased estimate accuracy by 50%
• Foresee issues, clarified requirements, resolved conflicts between departments, and deliver projects on time
• Hire and mentor on-site (SF), off-site (Mexico), and off-shore (India) engineers
• Introduce merge request process to the initiative SDLC to improve code quality and consistency
• Empower individuals to advance their technical knowledge and leadership skills
• Build a positive team culture From July 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ • Lead and architect projects.
• Turn business requirements to concrete design ideas with estimate.
• Use extreme programming techniques including test-driven development, pair programming, continuous refactoring, and continuous integration.
• Certified OWASP secure coding developer.
• Experienced with agile methodology. From April 2011 to June 2014 (3 years 3 months) Senior Application Developer @ • Analyze, design, estimate, develop and maintain web applications.
• Provide expertise in reviewing, researching and resolving business problems.
• Interact with business product managers to gather and clarify requirements.
• Implemented searching and browsing solution with Apache Solr.
• Upgraded ATG7 eCommerce website to ATG9 on JBoss platform.
• Improved the recommendation quality of a legacy recommendation engine using Java and SQL.
• Integrated Vivisimo, a third party search engine, by using XSLT for XML data handling and display.
• Implemented an auto-merchandizing tool.
• Proven ability to effectively document code and create precise user instruction. From October 2006 to January 2010 (3 years 4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension