Lead International Advertising & Promotion @ Shire Pharmaceuticals
Associate Partner @ Widler Schiemann AG
Director Compliance (Latin America/ Asia/ Int. HQs) @ Amgen International
European Center for Pharmaceutical Medicine, MAS Pharmaceutical Medicine @
University of Basel
Strategy oriented Compliance Professional, highly skilled with broad experience across key functions in pharmaceutical industry, profound teaching experience and significant scientific achievements. Qualified in Microbiology and Pharmaceutical Medicine with additional education in law. Excellent interpersonal skills and competent in managing people and international projects. Focused on problem prevention and solving with a clear analytical approach. Keen to
Strategy oriented Compliance Professional, highly skilled with broad experience across key functions in pharmaceutical industry, profound teaching experience and significant scientific achievements. Qualified in Microbiology and Pharmaceutical Medicine with additional education in law. Excellent interpersonal skills and competent in managing people and international projects. Focused on problem prevention and solving with a clear analytical approach. Keen to develop cutting edge solutions.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Excellent analytical skills allowing to keep oversight.
• Developing visions to drive change.
• Leading through situation-dependant style with preference for a participative style.
• Developing staff through challenging tasks and supportive coaching.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Strong communication skills and ability to transpose complex subjects into clear information.
• Well organized, versatile in software use.
Specialties: Ethics, Compliance, Anti-Bribary, Anti-Competition, FMV Honoraria, Code of Conduct, Policies, Transparency, Aggregate Spend, Healthcare Laws, Medical Communication, Clinical Research, Sales and Marketing.
Lead International Advertising & Promotion @ Accountable for Shire process of reviewing promotional and non-promotional material (CMLR)
Reviewing Internationally produced promotional and non-promotional items for the Neuroscience BU
Responsible for development, implementation and integration of the global Shire review standards in JAPAC From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandAssociate Partner @ Ethical collaboration – an asset for business success
While interacting with Healthcare Providers (HCPs) staff will encounter ethical dilemmas. What you want to make sure is they have a well-calibrated compass.
WSQMS can help you!
We can offer you comprehensive global knowledge in setting up and running Corporate, Clinical and Healthcare Compliance programs and related tools. From March 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 1 month) Director Compliance (Latin America/ Asia/ Int. HQs) @ Compliance Officer, overseeing Healthcare Compliance in Latin America (as of 2011), Hong Kong (R&D Site) and International Headquarters in Switzerland and UK; 4 direct reports.
• Healthcare Compliance risk analysis and Due Diligence of potential M&A targets
• Developing and implementing internationally various policies and procedures
• Training staff on general Healthcare Compliance aspects and supporting Anti-Corruption (FCPA)
• Developing and rolling out across International new honoraria guidance for Healthcare Professionals
• Leading the International team of a global project to enable reporting spend on HCPs From August 2008 to February 2013 (4 years 7 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandDirector R&D Healthcare Compliance @ • Built and led function ‘International R&D Healthcare Compliance’
• Risk assessment of interactions with Healthcare Professionals
• Development and implementation of various policies and procedures across Amgen Int. R&D
• Development (as member in a task force) of a global QMS From May 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 3 months) Medical Communication Manager @ • Development and execution of international scientific communication concept for Aranesp Oncology
• Key Opinion Leader Management, which included building relationships, working with KOLs in advisory boards and educating KOLs on scientific issues regarding Aranesp
• Organization of numerous Satellite Symposia (including concept, speaker briefing, logistics)
• Development of scientific material to answer unsolicited question of healthcare professionals
• Strategic and scientific support of marketing campaigns
• Training of Medical Liaisons on proper use of scientific materials From August 2003 to May 2006 (2 years 10 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandProduct Manager @ • Developed the Swiss business plan for Aromasin®.
• Developed and executed comprehensive launch activities for Aromasin®.
• Developed marketing material and trained sales reps.
• Sales responsibility: visited hospital and private Oncologists in CH-East. From January 2000 to July 2003 (3 years 7 months) Clinical Research Manager @ • Managed and coordinated all operational aspects of phase II – IV studies in Switzerland.
• Negotiated and reconciled project budget and resources.
• Monitored data to GCP/ICH standards across Europe/US.
• Worked on the microbiology section of the Linezolid registration file in Kalamazoo, US.
• GCP trainer for Switzerland and Austria.
• Created reimbursement file for Alprazolam SR. From July 1996 to December 1999 (3 years 6 months) Zürich Area, SwitzerlandAssociate Professor @ From August 1990 to July 1995 (5 years)
Law, Access Level passed (in total 104 ECTS). @ University of Lucerne From 2007 to 2011 European Center for Pharmaceutical Medicine, MAS Pharmaceutical Medicine @ University of Basel From 1997 to 1999 Education, MAS Grammar School Teacher (Biology) @ University of Zurich From 1989 to 1993 PhD, Medical Microbiology @ University of Zurich From 1983 to 1988 Master, Biology @ University of Konstanz From 1977 to 1983 Friedrich-Hecker-Gymnasium Wolfgang Beck is skilled in: Compliance, Ethics, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Healthcare Compliance, SOP, Compliance Management, Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Pharmaceutical Industry, Sop, Lifesciences, Oncology, Medical Compliance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension