Vice President - General Manager @ Biomet Sports Medicine
Materials Manager @ Shutt Medical Technologies, Bristol Myers Squibb
My personal drive is to create an organization that delivers quality products to the users and improves the quality of life for the patients. We do this by hiring talented people that have a fire inside to do better. We then establish an environment where creativity is nurtured and rewarded. Mixed in with some hard work, the
My personal drive is to create an organization that delivers quality products to the users and improves the quality of life for the patients. We do this by hiring talented people that have a fire inside to do better. We then establish an environment where creativity is nurtured and rewarded. Mixed in with some hard work, the results are innovation and value for the surgeon and an improved quality of life for the patient.
President @ "Bill Coy has 20 years of leadership experience in the medical device field. Bill’s hands-on style and expertise in the design, manufacture and distribution of medical devices, have provided the foundation for the innovative and cohesive team at Velocity Orthopedics. Bill is an entrepreneur who believes that premium healthcare can be delivered at a reasonable cost. Through innovation in design and manufacturing techniques, Bill, and the team at Velocity, are committed to providing premium quality, yet affordable, healthcare solutions for their customers". From March 2009 to Present (6 years 10 months) Vice President - General Manager @ Biomet Sports Medicine (BSM) in Ontario, California; design, manufacture, and distribute implants, sterile disposables, instruments and capital equipment for the minimally invasive field of Sports Medicine.
• Turned an operation that was losing >$100k/month to one that contributes >24% in EBITDA
• The SBU is now the % leader in profitability and revenue growth of all subsidiaries
• Functional responsibilities include: Manufacturing, Accounting, R&D, QA/RA, HR, Logistics/Supply Chain, IT, and Forecasting From November 1996 to January 2009 (12 years 3 months) Materials Manager @ Shutt Medical Technologies, with annual sales of $21MM, design and manufacture class I devices for the minimally invasive field of Arthroscopy and Endoscopy. Responsibilities included: IT, Cost Accounting, Forecasting, Purchasing, Planning, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving functions.
• Eliminated a $3.2MM backorder in 10 months and achieved a customer fill rate of 100% (maintained for 12 months) from a low of 16%. This turnaround was achieved in 11 months
• Headed the implementation of a full manufacturing system conversion in five weeks
• Increased plant through-put by over 65%. This change decreased lead time on standard products from 4 weeks to 38 minutes
• Initiated inventory control practices that increased inventory accuracy from 63.2% to 98.6%
• Team leader in the consolidation of three manufacturing sites across the country to the current manufacturing site in California
• New products increased the base business by 258% with the related staffing increase of only 9%
• By working with the R&D Manager, created a new product introduction process that facilitates manufacturing to build assembled finished goods from prototype and released drawings in an 8 week period From January 1992 to November 1996 (4 years 11 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration and Management, General @ California State Polytechnic University-Pomona William Coy is skilled in: Sales Management, Product Development, Market Development, Medical Devices, Strategic Planning, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Manufacturing, New Business Development, Product Launch, Start-ups, Lean Manufacturing, Selling, Healthcare, Product Management, Marketing Management, Sales Operations, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension