Vice President & General Manager of Sales-Atlanta @
Vice President & General Manager of Inside Sales, Cloud Solution Sales @
An executive sales professional that has been consistently recognized for the ability to lead people, increase revenue, manage change and drive all aspects of a successful sales organization. Will is a dynamic leader with a proven track record of consistently exceeding aggressive sales objectives through team development, employee retention and an intense focus on driving results in
An executive sales professional that has been consistently recognized for the ability to lead people, increase revenue, manage change and drive all aspects of a successful sales organization. Will is a dynamic leader with a proven track record of consistently exceeding aggressive sales objectives through team development, employee retention and an intense focus on driving results in a highly competitive industry. Proven success in all positions has resulted in numerous promotions and multiple sales awards due to exceptional sales growth and performance.
• Mobility & Wireless
• Cloud Computing
• Cloud PBX
• Network Services & Sales
• Managed IT Services
• Data Backup & Security
• Building a Winning Sales Culture
• Sales Rep Development
• Direct Selling & Account Management
• Strategic Planning and Execution
• Business Development
• Solution Selling
• Customer Retention
• Quickly Mastering Organizational Changes and Transitions
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
Sales Director @ AirWatch is the global leader and innovator of enterprise-grade Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management and Mobile Content Management solutions that have been specifically designed to simplify mobility. As the world’s largest Enterprise Mobility Management provider, AirWatch provides solutions to more than 7,000 customers in more than 150 countries. In addition to having the largest customer base, AirWatch also has the largest number of employees and dedicated R&D department in the industry. This crucial investment in resources and technology has allowed AirWatch to stay on the cutting edge of Enterprise Mobility and provide the most comprehensive solutions to the largest number of customers in the market. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Greater Atlanta AreaVice President & General Manager of Inside Sales, Cloud Solution Sales @ Cbeyond is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: CBEY), Atlanta-based company that created the world's first 100% Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone network. Since then, Cbeyond has grown to become a leading provider of Communications, Cloud (SaaS & IaaS) and Managed IT Services to more than 62,000 businesses nationwide and has offices in 14 major markets.
We offer a full suite of services including Dedicated Internet Access, Virtual & Dedicated Cloud Servers, Cloud PBX, Mobile, Multi-Net MPLS, Local/Long Distance, SIP Trunking, Off Site Data Backup, Disaster Recovery, File-Sharing, Virtual Private Networking, Web Hosting and Managed IT Services. Cbeyond employs a best in class 100% private IP Network, Type II SOC 2 audit certified data center and won Microsoft's Hosting Partner of the Year Award for 2009 and 2010.
In my role as VP/GM of Inside Sales, I lead a team of 100 Inside Sales Consultants (50 local, 50 remote), 5 Regional Managers and 6 Sales Support personnel across our fourteen markets. Our group has the responsibility of up selling/cross-selling all voice & data services, our full suite of cloud server and cloud PBX products, and all 30+ productivity enhancing applications to our customer base. In order to do this, I was tasked with building a highly motivated and proactive sales group that used solution selling and high activity in order to achieve results. Our success allowed us to drive significant incremental revenue growth and increased product adoption all while significantly decreasing potential customer churn through numerous retention & loyalty campaigns.
* 120% to sales quota for 2012
* Increased year-over-year average revenue/head by 32%
* Sales group generated $9.9 million dollars in incremental annual revenue for 2012
* President’s Club Award winner for 2012 From December 2011 to February 2013 (1 year 3 months) Vice President & General Manager of Sales Market Development @ Promoted into the national role of VP/GM of Sales Market Development by our Senior VP of Sales. I was tasked with defining, creating and leading the Sales Market Development Program in an effort to revitalize our 6 most underperforming markets by increasing sales and operational efficiency. In this business development role, I was to identify the market specific challenges of each city with specific emphasis on executive support, sales, marketing, staffing, training, and operational effectiveness. Once underlying issues were identified I then created Market Recovery Plans and lead a cross functional team comprised of senior company leaders in order to achieve desired results. In each sales market, I was responsible for helping to increase sales, close ratios, staffing, the number/quality of sales appts, decreasing attrition and enhancing rep development, while ensuring that all sales resources and initiatives were deployed in an efficient manner.
Due to the unique market specific challenges encountered, my job duties quickly evolved to include numerous other responsibilities as well. I temporarily filled several vacant VP/GM of Sales roles and directly participated in the interviewing and on-boarding of VP/GM and Sales Director candidates in these markets. I was able to improve our product competiveness by performing in depth analysis of our competition, detailed COGS analysis of our sales territories and the creation of a business case/go to market strategy for several unique products and promotions. I was able to leverage my experience in past roles to create market specific Comp Plans, SG&A Budgets, and Rep Progression Models while working to improve brand perception through community awareness.
*Achieved a 25% increase in avg sales
*Achieved a 30% increase in avg sales/rep
*Achieved an 50% increase in appointments/rep
*Achieved an 18% increase in avg staffing
*Decreased rep attrition by 32%
*President’s Club Award Winner for 2011 From January 2011 to December 2011 (1 year) Vice President & General Manager of Sales-Atlanta @ In my role as VP/GM of Sales my main objective was to grow market share in Atlanta, our most tenured market which is comprised of approximately 60k prospects. I was responsible for managing the Direct Sales force, executing all sales strategies and leading all day to day sales operations in Cbeyond’s “Flagship Market”. In order to do this I was responsible for creating a positive and professional sales culture and used effective top down leadership, recognition, accountability and team building to develop a highly motivated sales force that delivered Best-In-Class results.
I directly managed 70+ reports (2 Sales Directors, 6 Sales Managers, 1 Sales Engineer, and 60+ Direct Sales Executives) and was ultimately responsible for all sales production in the Atlanta Market. Cbeyond offers a wide portfolio of Voice, Data, Cloud services and as a result, we competed against most providers in that market including ATT, Windstream, XO, Sprint, Verizon, tw telecom, EarthLink, Comcast, Cox, Rackspace, and Amazon.
Other duties included ensuring that all Board Install Targets were met by supporting the successful install of all customers in the market. I was able to accomplish this by expertly leading/motivating/developing our sales, management and service organizations to exceed expectations. I was also responsible for the strategic planning of future sales strategies and leading cross functional relationships between sales and all other departments, effective incentive planning and responsible P&L management. This effective execution of all job duties allowed the Atlanta Market to be a top producer in the company and the standard to which all sales markets were compared.
* Sales market generated $10.8 million dollars in incremental annual revenue
* Led Atlanta Market as #1 Sales Market in the nation for most sales reporting metrics
* Set company records in 2010 for Highest Rep Retention & Lowest Cancel Rate
* President’s Club Award Winner for 2010 From January 2010 to December 2010 (1 year) Greater Atlanta AreaSr. Sales Director @ Led a sales market in the Greater Atlanta Area and directly managed 3 Sales Managers, 6 Team Leads and 30 Sales Executives. My leadership responsibilities included over achieving all monthly sales targets, creating a positive culture, interviewing/hiring all sales personnel, budget/promotion management and insuring that all sales managers and sales reps were developed properly.
We were regularly recognized for our results and consistently led the nation in all sales reporting metrics such as net sales, net installs, rep progression and rep retention. Our Sales Market produced the #1 Sales Manager in the Nation in 2009 and 5 of my direct reports were promoted into Director of Sales positions in other markets.
* The #2 Director of Sales in Nation for 2008
* President’s Club Award Winner 2008
* The #1 Director of Sales in Nation for 2009
* President’s Club Award Winner for 2009 From February 2008 to January 2010 (2 years) Greater Atlanta AreaSr. Sales Manager @ Led a sales team comprised of 10 sales reps and a Team Leader, was responsible for building, maintaining and fully managing all aspects of team to ensure we over achieved all monthly sales targets and goals. My leadership responsibilities included sales rep development, managing production & prospecting activity, teaching strategic territory management, creating a positive culture, interviewing, accurately forecasting future results and ensuring that all customer satisfaction scores exceeded company expectations.
Due to continued success in the role, I was tasked with rebuilding 3 different sales teams in 2 years. During this time I was able to develop and promote numerous team members into higher positions across the company including producing the #1 Sales Rep in the Nation for 2006.
* Achieved 4 success based promotions while in role for outstanding job performance
* Sales team set the single month sales record for the Atlanta Market
* #1 Sales Manager in the Atlanta Market for 2007
* #1 Sales Manager in the Nation for 2007
* President’s Club Award Winner for 2007 From January 2006 to January 2008 (2 years 1 month) Greater Atlanta AreaSales Team Leader @ Managed the activity and performance of 5 sales representatives while maintaining a personal quota. I was responsible for coaching and motivating our new sales reps while developing them in all aspects of our sales process. This skill enhancement included, cold calling, prospecting, networking, running effective sales appointments, and closing. Successful development in all of these areas resulted in consistently being able to exceed the set quota for myself and my assigned reps.
* Recognized as #1 Team Lead in Atlanta Sales Branch for Aug'05, Oct'05, Nov'05 and Jan'06 due to efforts that optimized personal and rep quotas From August 2005 to January 2006 (6 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSales Executive @ Successfully consulted, marketed and sold Communication Services to business owners, IT professionals and C-level executives in the Atlanta SMB market. This was a Hunter/Direct sales role that was focused on the self-generation of leads through a high activity sales model. Daily activities included selling, running appointments, walking into 50-60 business, and numerous telemarketing efforts. I effectively managed a territory in order to maximize sales production and successfully generated leads by cold calling, tele-prospecting, networking, and building referral relationships. Was recognized as being a top producer and received numerous promotions for delivering consistent performance while exceeding set quotas. From October 2004 to August 2005 (11 months) Greater Atlanta Area
Bachelor of Science, Finance @ Auburn University From 1997 to 2001 Will Sugg is skilled in: Managed Services, Sales, Team Management, Solution Selling, Direct Sales, Training, Cloud Computing, Salesforce.com, Cold Calling, SaaS, Leadership, Account Management, Management, Telecommunications, Selling, Team Leadership, Sales Management, Sales Process, Sales Presentations, Leadership Development, Business Ethics, Work Ethic, Career Development, Business Development, Networking, Process Improvement, VoIP, Cross-functional Team..., Customer Retention, Customer Satisfaction, Enterprise Software, Marketing, Team Building, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension