My background is in direct store sales and category management with Abbott Nutrition. I am an experienced professional who is passionate about consumer sales. Nine years of experience at Abbott Nutrition has provided me with a very strong understating of the consumer world. I have the ability to work in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments while maintaining an immense
My background is in direct store sales and category management with Abbott Nutrition. I am an experienced professional who is passionate about consumer sales. Nine years of experience at Abbott Nutrition has provided me with a very strong understating of the consumer world. I have the ability to work in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments while maintaining an immense level of attention to detail.
Specialties: Consumer Packaged Goods Sales, Category Management
Sr. Category Manager - Food East @ • Responsible for all Category Management decisions for the entire East Coast, with primary focus on Publix and Ahold.
• Utilizing Best in Class Category Management, I created and implemented a 4’ Kid Toddler planogram for Ahold; 500+ stores will implement the new planogram by October 2013.
• Successfully sold in all new Ensure, EAS and ZonePerfect 2013 innovation to Publix.
• Won the Leadership Achievement Award for my outstanding work with Ahold.
• Won the Progressive Grocer award for my outstanding Category Management commitment to Giant Eagle. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Greater Chicago AreaCategory Manager - Food Regional @ • Responsible for all strategic Category Management decisions at: H.E.B., A&P Pathmark, Giant Eagle, Wegmans, ShopRite, Wakefern, HyVee, Roundy's, Schnucks, and AWG/VMC
• Successfully expanded Kid Toddler (Pedialyte/PediaSure) into their own 4’ Kid Toddler sections at Giant Eagle, Wegmans, ShopRite, and Pathmark
• Utilizing category management expertise, Giant Eagle accepted a proposed 24’ Nutritious Snacks and Sports Nutrition planogram; this planogram was implemented in all Giant Eagle HBW stores in May 2012
• Awarded category captainship for the Infant Toddler Nutrition category at A&P.
• In November 2011, Abbott Nutrition was awarded planogram and category captainship at A&P Corporate. From October 2011 to September 2012 (1 year) greater chicago areaCategory Analyst - Midwest @ • Responsible for a variety of category management duties: Channel Facts, Consumption Data, Shipment Insights, Planograms, Running Promotions, and ROI Analysis.
• Worked with a variety of accounts such as H.E.B., Spartan Wholesale/Retail, AWG/VMC, Brookshire Grocery, Nash Finch, Schnucks, and Roundy’s.
• Managed and grew all Abbott Nutrition Brands within my territory - Ensure, EAS, ZonePerfect, Pedialyte, PediaSure, and Glucerna.
• Successfully sold in the EAS Brand at Schnucks.
• Assisted Key Account Managers with the creation of "Best In Class" consumer business plans, category management reviews, and SKU/planogram recommendations.
• Accompany Key Account Managers on account calls – provided consumer, category, and industry insights.
• Utilize computer programs, database and systems such as ACNielsen, Spectra, Data Warehouse, Nielsen StoreView, Nielsen InfoLync, Excel, Power Point, and Pro-Space. From December 2006 to October 2011 (4 years 11 months) Category Analyst - SuperValu @ • Responsible for all Abbott Nutrition category management decisions at SuperValu.
• Built a strategic partnership with all key contacts at SuperValu.
• Provided consumption-based data used in the management of product sales.
• Proposed and implemented at SuperValu Retail new Sports Nutrition planograms.
• Implementation of Abbott Nutrition Healthy Living WiNS Concept at SuperValu Retail.
• Gained full knowledge of marketing concepts such as shelving, returns on investments, schematic planning, promotional activity and pricing. From February 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 11 months) Retail Sales Rep @ • Responsible for all Food/Drug/Mass stores: Walmart*, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Jewel-Osco, Dominicks, Certified, and Central grocery stores within the Northern Suburbs of Chicago.
• Ensured fill rate goals were met on all Abbott Nutrition products.
• Number one in the Retail Sales force for new distribution and off shelf displays.
• Secured over 9000 new points of distribution in all territory and national accounts.
• Set-up effective off shelf displays of company products in retail stores.
• Maximized linear footage for all Abbott Nutrition Products.
• Demonstrated team player attributes by collaborating with other Abbott Nutrition retail sales representatives. From January 2004 to February 2005 (1 year 2 months)
Bachelor, Political Science @ University of Dayton From 1999 to 2003 Will Chana is skilled in: Sales Operations, Strategy, Pricing, Management, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Partnerships, Account Management, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension