Over 21 years of extensive experience in designing, developing, managing and delivering technology in the consumer software, manufacturing, financial, and health care industries; a strong track record of innovation and critical project ownership. Significant experience in implementing complex systems while greatly improving key business performance indicators. Strong abilities leading cross-functional teams, interacting with diverse audiences (technical, non-technical,
Over 21 years of extensive experience in designing, developing, managing and delivering technology in the consumer software, manufacturing, financial, and health care industries; a strong track record of innovation and critical project ownership. Significant experience in implementing complex systems while greatly improving key business performance indicators. Strong abilities leading cross-functional teams, interacting with diverse audiences (technical, non-technical, executive management, C-leadership), managing multiple projects, and staying customer focused; passionate about all aspects of team leadership and process improvement.
Senior Project Manager @ • Successfully identified areas of opportunity to improve process, redesign project approach, reduce delivery time to market and as a result completed 100% of pharmacy project deliverables 35% under budget and on-time.
• Successfully repaired relationships between the business and IT organizations while gaining the trust and admiration of peers and leadership.
DELIVERY TEAM LEAD
• Led and managed a team of consultants; development leads, lead analyst, developers and analyst.
• Successfully delivered projects specific to Healthcare Reform and HIPAA 5010, which affected membership and billing.
• Successfully delivered the planning model related to ICD10 FACETS custom components, which affected membership, billing and claims.
• Created and successfully managed the on boarding process of contingent work force by preparing SOWs and working together with IT Vendor Management and preferred vendors.
• Successfully prepared and managed a consolidated dashboard of all in flight projects.
• Played a major role in saving a project that was failing by helping the team to refocus, bridging the gap between Business users, technical resources and vendor resources.
• Renewed confidence in our business partner by helping them understand that IT was there to service them, worked hand-in-hand with business by understanding their business needs, and teaming business and IT as one in all aspects of the project.
• Successfully delivered 2011 enhancements for 6 projects on time and within budget by managing project activities and managing resources; efforts positive provider management, and contracts management. From February 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) San FranciscoChair Technology Committee @ Chair of National Organization's Technology Committee From 2008 to 2012 (4 years) Washing, DCSoultion Consultant @ • Supported ePREMIS nationally in California, Hawaii, Colorado and the North West. Facilitated changes to the application between business and IT. Budgeted, designed, defined process, tested and implemented.
• Supported Revenue Cycle initiatives across all regions. Led initiatives designed to enhance revenue capture functionality and technologies across multiple organizations. Budgeted, designed, defined process tested and implemented.
• Led, architected, designed and implemented new national support testing environments. Worked with cross functional teams on budgets, analysis, design, process, vendor relationship, testing and implementation.
SOLUTION DESIGN CONSULTANT SPECIALIST TEAM DRIVER, HEALTH PLAN SOLUTION BIO MANAGEMENT GROUP
• Stepped into a role of lead, worked with IT and business leadership, developed budgets, delivered requirements, solution alternative analysis, logical solution designs and implemented solution.
• Facilitated cross-functional team activities with business and IT partners, delivered solutions on time and within budget.
• Took over a minimal performing team; turned around a situation with little progress into a cooperative working environment where deliverable dates were met and goals were exceeded. “And they still loved me when it was all done and said with”.
CONSULTANT SPECIALIST, SOLUTION DESIGN
• Led Solution and design of Health Plan Products. Served as a business engagement liaison with concentrations on requirement elicitation, documentation and management of customer relationships.
• Managed multiple projects initiatives concurrently during projects full life cycle.
• Successfully reduced project cost by 1 million by working with the business to help streamline current processes and leverage existing business enterprise functionality. From January 2004 to December 2010 (7 years) Development Manager @ •Managed cross-functional team activities while developing a Clinical Information Systems.
• Managed vendor relationship with primary customer thus contributing to successful customer implementations and increasing the practice revenues by 25% within the first year.
• Led the production and maintenance application support documentation. From 2001 to 2004 (3 years) Walnut Creek, CASenior Technical Trainer @ • Successfully developed and implemented training curriculum
• Led multiple technical/non-technical instructions with various audiences including business customers, architects, engineers and developers
• Designed delivery methodologies
• Developed real world solutions in a class room setting using multiple technical languages and tools. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Sunnyvale CaliforniaSENIOR PARTNER / Chief Technology Consultant @ • Co-Founder of C&F Technology Group.
• Developed infrastructure strategy, requirements and solution for small to midsize businesses.
• Defined technical direction for multiple small to midsize businesses entering the age of a paperless business.
• Provided vision, leadership, direction and hands-on oversight for application development, implementation and maintenance. From 1993 to 2000 (7 years) Oakland, CaliforniaComputer Science Instructor @ Taught Computer Science Courses From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Hayward California
Master's degree, Divinity/Ministry @ American Baptist Seminary of the West From 2005 to 2009 BS, Computer Science @ California State University-Hayward Wendell Ferguson is skilled in: AIX, SOLARIS, Trizetto, Java, UML, xml, .NET, Caliber, DB2, SQL, Oracle, CORBA, Remedy 7, MS Project, Microsoft Office 2007, ePremis, Lotus Notes, RUP Methodologies, Agile & Waterfall..., SOA, SOAP, Visio
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension