Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Electrical and Electronics Engineering @
**What I have been doing**
I've been working at a mobile agency - Bytefly for 3 years. Bytefly provides design and developing service for clients. Clients, who have needs for mobile application, could come from different industries and have different requirements. As a Senior iOS engineer, I have worked on more than a dozen iOS applications and
**What I have been doing**
I've been working at a mobile agency - Bytefly for 3 years. Bytefly provides design and developing service for clients. Clients, who have needs for mobile application, could come from different industries and have different requirements. As a Senior iOS engineer, I have worked on more than a dozen iOS applications and have explored quite extensively how to create different applications for different needs. Occasionally, I also double as a back-end engineer, updating APIs on the server side implemented in PHP or Java Spring framework. The most recent and important projects are:
- Lead Engineer and architect on an application for tracking and charting activities and health status of diabetes pets and reminding pet owners of different important caring events.
- Lead Engineer and architect on an application using wifi socket stream connection synced with modules mounted on farm trucks.
- Lead Engineer and architect on an application that works together with a bluetooth LE peripheral. By using and engineering with the Bluetooth LE framework, we created an application always-connected, auto-reconnecting with the bluetooth device.
**Who am I**
I have an engineering background and solving programs is in my nature. I become exciting when challenged with difficulties.
Software engineering is solving problem with programming, with which I fell in love about 7 years ago. I am constantly learning new languages, frameworks and applying them in the projects. And not long, I started to realize programming is not just about solving problems by piling code together. Programming is an art, to make the code clean, easy to read (the code itself, not with comments), reusable, extensible, easy to maintain is my new goal, something to strive for. So I have been practising refactoring, designing application architecture, applying OO programming principles and design patterns.
iOS Developer @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Software Engineer @ • Program iOS Mobile Apps based on customers specifications for iPhones and iPads.
• Integrate graphic design files from artists into Mobile Apps. Incorporate graphic designs by writing software to create advanced, intuitive and touch friendly user interfaces.
• Design and create application structures. Research and create prototype projects for customers.
• Create customized Frameworks and objects to meet design requirements.
• Build apps compatible with different size of iOS devices and different OS versions.
• Use multi-threading technique to increase efficiency and keep user interface running smooth.
• Write apps interacting with remote server using JSON/XML APIs.
• Write simple games with C++ and Cocos2d-x.
• Use Instruments (Memory Allocations and Leaks, Time Profiler) to profile and optimize apps.
• Use Google Analytics and Flurry to record user engagement and track error and crashes.
• Design and create SQLite mobile application database schemas and server side SQL database schemas as required by customers specifications.
• Create web services in PHP to provide access to server databases and business logic to satisfy mobile application requirements.
• Configure and manage development and production Apache web servers for mobile application web services. Manage web servers for corporate and product websites.
• Utilize and enhance the company's software engineering tools and systems, including revision control (Git) and specification documents, which are shared between projects.
• Researched Core Bluetooth framework, created an always-connected and auto-reconnecting mobile security application interacting with Bluetooth LE accessory.
• Use company owned PHP MVC framework;
• Design new Database Schemas in MySQL;
• Modify Apache2 configuration to support multiple virtual host and URL rewrite;
• Add cron jobs in Redhat Linux server for regularly running applications;
• Designed new Database Schemas in MySQL;
• Made marketing emails and added cron jobs in Ubuntu Linux Server to send regularly;
• Created an admin interface in CakePHP;
• Modified Apache2 Server Settings for virtual host and url rewrite;
• Documented on the website’s wiki page;
• Worked in a LAMP and Subversion development environment. From September 2010 to March 2011 (7 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension