Vice President, Business Products @ From January 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Director, Business Products @ From December 2010 to Present (4 years 11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager @ Managed new consumer and community features for Yelp to increase user engagement and contributions. Lead our international product expansion into our first set of
Vice President, Business Products @ From January 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Director, Business Products @ From December 2010 to Present (4 years 11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager @ Managed new consumer and community features for Yelp to increase user engagement and contributions. Lead our international product expansion into our first set of non-English speaking countries. From April 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Product Management @ • Defined the product vision and roadmap for SugarSync, an online file backup, syncing, and sharing service.
• Implemented new product definition process to align with an agile development cycle.
• Worked directly with engineering teams to prioritize, design, and spec product features for the web, desktop, and mobile applications. From December 2007 to October 2008 (11 months) Senior Product Manager @ • Managed overall product experience for Sharpcast Photos, an online consumer service that kept photos in sync across multiple computers, an online gallery, and mobile phone.
• Interviewed customers, built prototypes, prioritized features and defined product specifications.
• Hired as first employee and member of the senior management team through two rounds of funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Sigma Partners, and Selby Ventures. From August 2004 to December 2007 (3 years 5 months) Founder, Software Engineer @ Consulted for several software companies including a new user interface for Palm Treo’s web browser. From October 2002 to December 2003 (1 year 3 months) Software Engineer @ Integrated Blazer web browser we developed at Bluelark to be the first browser that shipped with Treo smartphones. Created customized web browsing solutions for carrier partners such as Sprint and Cingular. From February 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 9 months) Founder, Software Engineer @ • Designed and implemented user interface for Blazer, a mobile optimized web browser and proxy server that was one of the first to offer access to full HTML pages from a handheld device.
• Raised an angel round and sold to Handspring for $16 million. From January 2000 to February 2001 (1 year 2 months)
MA, Education: Learning, Design & Technology @ Stanford UniversityBS, Computer Science @ Stanford University From September 1996 to 2000 Vivek Patel is skilled in: Usability Testing, User Experience, Agile Methodologies, Entrepreneurship, Mobile Applications, Mobile Devices, Product Management, User Interface, HTML, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension