Research Director, CCC Massachusetts General Hospital IMA @ Crimson Care Collaborative
Co-Director and Co-Founder @ South Asian Healthcare Leadership Forum
Intern @ Health Care: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation
A.B., Economics, Magna Cum Laude @
Research Director, CCC Massachusetts General Hospital IMA @ From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Greater Boston AreaCo-Director and Co-Founder @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Intern @ Health Care: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation is a quarterly journal published through Elsevier. The journal promotes cutting edge research on innovation in
Research Director, CCC Massachusetts General Hospital IMA @ From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Greater Boston AreaCo-Director and Co-Founder @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Intern @ Health Care: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation is a quarterly journal published through Elsevier. The journal promotes cutting edge research on innovation in health care delivery, including improvements in systems, processes, management, and applied information technology. From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Research Analyst @ A joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health.
• Helped establish project infrastructure and literature review for a study that surveys 30-50 labor delivery units in the United States.
• Drafted preliminary survey questions on operational management in obstetrics, particularly regarding cesarean use decision making.
Mentor: Neel Shah, MD, MPP From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Teaching Fellow @ Economics 1010b (Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory)
• Taught section of 5-8 students on a wide range of US macroeconomic topics (e.g. IS-LM, quantitative easing, Mundell-Fleming model, role of institutions, etc.)
• Graded exams, held office hours, and wrote exam review materials for students.
Teaching Evaluation: 4.6/5.0; Awarded Certificate of Distinction in Teaching from the Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning From January 2014 to May 2014 (5 months) Researcher @ Thesis research: Analysis of 2003 Texas medical malpractice reforms on obstetrician behaviors, and birth delivery outcomes.
Advisers: David Cutler, PhD & Anupam Bapu Jena, MD, PhD
Data support from National Bureau of Economic Research From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) Researcher @ Center for Surgery and Public Health
Division of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
Mentor: Louis L. Nguyen, MD, MBA, MPH
• Conducted longitudinal analysis on a database of 30,000 Americans to model short-term financial risk of stroke, finding a 19.3% reduction in assets two years after a stroke for those out of the labor force.
• Presented findings nationally at 2013 Academy Health Annual Research Meeting. From January 2012 to May 2014 (2 years 5 months) Researcher @ • Led cross-sectional study of 150 patients (chart review) to investigate student-run clinic’s performance in cancer screening guideline adherence.
• Presented findings at 2014 Annual Conference for Society of Student-Run Free Clinics and 2014 Society for General Internal Medicine (New England Region)
Mentors: Marya Cohen, MD, MPH & Isha Agarwal From September 2013 to February 2014 (6 months) Founder @ • Created texting application for low-income patients in Boston to locate mobile health clinics for specific health needs.
• Awards: Harvard i3 Challenge Finalist in Public Service and H&R Block Hackovate Health Honorable Mention. From October 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 4 months) Advocate Coordinator @ • Worked through Codman Square Community Health Center, Boston Medical Center Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center OB/Gyn, and Massachusetts General Hospital Adult Internal Medicine to fulfill social service needs for low-income patients.
• Coach volunteers through case support groups by discussing patient communication interaction and solving problematic social issues.
• Helped restructure the leadership base of Health Leads Boston to serve as a model for other Health Leads sites.
• Led a resource team that updated HL volunteers about new resources they could refer clients to for particular needs (e.g. coat drives). Also made site visits to particular social service organizations in Boston. From September 2010 to January 2014 (3 years 5 months) Greater Boston AreaGrader/Assistant @ Introduction to Managerial Finance From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Development Intern @ • Initiated a policy paper that shed light on the robustness of Operation ASHA training services and to make a case for expansion across other healthcare NGOs throughout India.
• Went into the field to interview TB patients and health counselors for marketing of OpASHA services.
• Sat in on Hindi lectures to Indian community health workers about tuberculosis and TB policy. From May 2012 to June 2012 (2 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaIntern @ • Quantified public sector antimalarial market size and share of donors, accounting for 330 million drugs.
• Corroborated estimates with drug manufacturer portfolios (valued at $230 million) and multimillion-dollar finances of other multilateral agencies. Made recommendations on price and quantity reporting services regarding drug procurement. From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Research Assistant @ • Collected and analyzed data of treating glioblastoma multiforme with chemotherapeutic drugs via nanoparticle drug delivery mechanisms (diffusive and convective). From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months)
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) @ Harvard Medical School From 2015 to 2019 A.B., Economics, Magna Cum Laude @ Harvard University From 2010 to 2014 St. Joseph High School From 2006 to 2010 Vishal Arora is skilled in: Qualitative Research, Management, Policy, Statistics, Public Speaking, Public Health, Stata
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension