Cloud Security Specialist, Global Public Sector EMEA @ Google
Innovation enthusiast, people oriented worker, proactive thinker, always ready to enjoy new challenges. My name is Vincenzo De Notaris, System Engineer at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research. Working as part of an amazing team with the aim to handle systems and services for Identity, Authentication and Authorization management. Due to the nature of those services,
Innovation enthusiast, people oriented worker, proactive thinker, always ready to enjoy new challenges. My name is Vincenzo De Notaris, System Engineer at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research. Working as part of an amazing team with the aim to handle systems and services for Identity, Authentication and Authorization management. Due to the nature of those services, IT security enhancement is also part of our duties, by dealing with data protection (confidentiality, integrity, availability), CA (Certification Authority) management, and service operation.
My experiences abroad showed me the charm of multicultural environments. They helped me to become even more able to understand myself and people around, pointing out how little differences can be important resources in order to grow up both as a person and a professional.
I love the innovation, the research, looking into the nature of things. I would like to actively contribute to society by improving quality of life through technological progresses.
System Engineer @ System Engineer, member of IT - Operating System & Infrastructure Services group at CERN.
Currently working as a part of an amazing team with the aim to handle systems and services for Identity, Authentication and Authorization management. Those services aim at simplifying the account management tools and concepts, and managing the lifecycle of accounts and associated computing resources for the whole community of system and service managers. The work activities are various; they include both system administration and program design and development, on different environment and by involving several technologies.
I am used to deal with:
– Identity Federation Services, SAML-based SSO (Microsoft AD FS, Shibboleth, Mellon);
– PAM-based authentication (Module development in C);
– Certification Authority Services (Microsoft AD CS, HSM setup, Cryptography);
– System Administration and Maintenance (Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Linux CentOS);
– Script Development (Microsoft PowerShell, Bash, Python);
– RESTful WS Development (Microsoft .Net, Python, Flask);
– Web-Oriented Software Development and Maintenance (Microsoft C#);
– Day-to-day Service Operation (third-level support). From February 2015 to Present (11 months) R&D Software Engineer @ Full-Stack Software Engineer, worked on several R&D projects such as PRISMA – PiattafoRme cloud Interoperabili per SMArt-government and OCP – Open City Platform, promoted by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR). Those projects focused on the realization of flexible Cloud Computing platforms with the aim to support Local Public Administration activities and provide a set of vertical and scalable applications according to a self-service model.
My main duties were:
– Design and development (from scratch) a SAML 2.0 based Service Provider, enabling users from different security domains to authenticate via SSO. A Role-based access control (RBAC) has been adopted to handle the authorization processes (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring SAML,SAML 2.0, LDAP);
– Back-end design and development, including: ER Modelling for RDBMS, Data Access management (JPA, Hibernate, MySQL, Spring Data), API design and development (RESTful WebSer-vices, RESTEasy, Spring Web), Data transformation (Enterprise Services Bus - ESB, Jackson),Queuing (RabbitMQ), Testing (Arquillian on JBoss/WildFly). From December 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 1 month) Master's Thesis As Exchange Student (ERASMUS Programme) @ ERASMUS Student in Computer Engineering (Master’s Thesis)
Worked on a project dealing with the design and the development of an algorithm in order to manage people tracking in a multi-camera setting. From March 2013 to June 2013 (4 months) Trainee @ The goal of my internship activity has been the study of Semantic Web technologies and the design and implementation of an ontology-based knowledge base to support Emergency Management activities (the topic of my Bachelor’s thesis). From March 2010 to May 2010 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension