CRM and Marketing consultant @ Doncaster Rovers FC
Professional Diploma @
Chartered Institute of Marketing
I am a very driven and passionate marketer currently combining my love of football with my academic skills in my role as Head of Brand and Marketing at BCFC. I have strong experience with all aspects of marketing particularly with CRM/loyalty programmes. I have gained valuable and varied experience from my time with three current and former
I am a very driven and passionate marketer currently combining my love of football with my academic skills in my role as Head of Brand and Marketing at BCFC. I have strong experience with all aspects of marketing particularly with CRM/loyalty programmes. I have gained valuable and varied experience from my time with three current and former Premier League teams, Leicester City, Wolves and Birmingham City.
My experience covers all areas of current marketing practice from digital marketing to print, SEO, Google virtual tours, social marketing, experiential events and much more. Covering varying business units such as retail, hospitality, conferencing, ticketing, CSR and media.
* MSc Marketing Management and Strategy (Merit)
* DipM (Professional Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing)
Key achievements at Birmingham City
* Managed the most successful Half Season Ticket campaign for four seasons, with sales up 335% on 13/14
* Total membership numbers increased by 167% in just seven months at the club
* Overall membership revenue increased by 400% in 14/15 season under my management
Previous key achievements at Wolves
* Managed the 2014/15 season ticket campaign using new methods for the Club, which resulted in the highest renewal rate since 2002/03
* Delivered the 2014/15 new kit launch which generated sales up 230% in just 6 days compared to the entire first 31 days in 2013/14
* Increased the Clubs Facebook likes from 67K to 161k in 3 months.
* Created the first Google Business View Tour of an entire football club. As featured in FC Business magazine.
Head of Brand and Marketing @ At Birmingham City I manage six full time direct reports (three marketing, three design) and an account manager via our CRM and data partner.
My role involves:
* Advise the Senior Management Team on all marketing requirements and highlight marketing trends across the Board.
* Manage all marketing projects in line with pre-approved budgets and costs.
* Direct the club’s strategy for all marketing of the football club, including, but not limited to, ticket sales, hospitality sales, sponsorship, conferencing, catering, events, retail, ticketing and junior membership.
* Responsible for the effective management and ongoing monitoring and development of marketing staff including graphic design as well as their ongoing contribution to the department and to the Company and ensuring effective fulfillment of the roles and duties of each individual.
* Responsible for the development and digital strategy of all Club websites.
* Responsible for all e-Marketing communications of the Club.
* Ensuring the effective planning of each marketing campaign/initiative in order to ensure they are executed effectively and thoroughly and through all BCFC channels thus maximising exposure.
* Continually monitor, review and report on campaign and promotional activity and provide relevant management information including recommendations.
* Liaise and attend meetings with other internal departments as necessary to fulfill the role and advise, support and promote each department to aid their business development.
* Monitor all return of investment (ROI) for all campaigns working with the data analyst wherever possible.
* Analyse all daily sales reports initiated from ticketing, retail and commercial to identify any needs for additional marketing or promotion.
* To prepare and compose all presentations for the acquisition of Sponsorship for the Club on behalf of the commercial team ensuring such are accurate, relevant and bespoke. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Trustee @ Local Heroes is a new project that has been developed by Devon and Cornwall Police, with the support of Young Devon, to help schools address issues of intolerance and discrimation and deliver parts of the PSHE curriculum in a new and exciting way. As well as providing PSHE (personal wellbeing) education, Local Heroes has three clear objectives:
•Challenge intolerance amongst young people
•Give young people from all backgrounds the power to achieve their full potential
•Inspire young people to become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
I was approached to join a strong team of trustees in order to add my experience and expertise to aid in the growing of awareness and fundraising abilities of Local Heroes. It is a cause that I am very passionate about and am extremely proud to have been approached for this role. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Marketing Manager @ In my role as Marketing Manager for Wolves I was responsible for the following.
* Reviewing, updating and presenting the Club Marketing Strategy in line with the financial review process
* To create marketing operational plans for key departments with detailed plans for specific campaigns
* To lead the data capture and development strategy for the Club
* Construction and operation of the marketing budget
* To run the communications schedule to supporters, emails, sms, DM etc.
* Ensure Club wide compliance with brand guidelines
* Conduct the market research programme, including the Fans survey and communicate the findings internally ensuring they convert into actions
* Engaging with supporters via social media
* Manage external suppliers and partners from graphic design and print to CRM and data management.
* Management of the Club's highest income generating annual campaigns such as season ticket sales and kit launch. Covering all media platforms and adhering to budgets. From December 2013 to July 2014 (8 months) Marketing Executive (CRM) @ The main responsibilities of my role at Leicester City Football Club were:
To develop, maintain, manage the clubs CRM being responsible for maximising data collection at all customer touch-points. Liaising with heads of retail, ticketing, media and hospitality in order to create unique campaigns for each department. Maintaining the quality of the data through regular checks and audits, writing best practice guides for sales staff on how best to use CRM system.
To develop a supporter/customer acquisition strategy, including a ‘customer lifecycle’ communications plan, using the available data to plan various campaigns using geographical segmentation and profiling.
To develop and implement a consumer and corporate communications strategy, including a 12-month rolling communications plan. Producing a rolling plan for outbound sales staff including sales leads, target lists and results analysis based on a variety of marketing communications and purchase behaviour tracking, also carrying out text messaging campaigns.
To design and implement a multi-channel customer/supporter research strategy, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys and focus groups, produce reports, and clearly present detailed findings and recommendations. Creating the clubs annual survey and more frequent department specific surveys, to aid heads of departments with decision making.
Developing the use of social media/web based analytics to further enhance the clubs level of customer insight. Working to develop the commercialisation of the clubs social media channels.
I ran the clubs fans consultative committee, which meets four times a year with further sub committee meetings inbetween. The committee has 20 members and meets to discuss all issues regarding the club.
I worked with external agencies, both creative and support systems based. To ensure that the club is receiving the right level of assistance to maintain consistent marketing output From September 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 4 months) Leicester, United KingdomMarketing & Events Assistant @ Established in 1949, Young Devon is a progressive charity that exists to "change the odds in favour of young people". Challenging negative stereotypes and campaigning shoulder-to-shoulder with young people, Young Devon's primary objective is to enhance lives and promote opportunity for those least likely to have their voices heard.
I worked directly with the fundraising and communications manager on the upcoming NCS (National Citizen Service) event in Exeter. The event will host 700+ people including local dignitaries, MP's, heads of south west youth charities.
The role involved Identifying key sponsorship partners in order to help fund the event. Contacting these businesses with the various sponsorship packages, looking for businesses to sponsor the whole event and the individual awards to be given on the night.
Promoting the event through local media sources using contacts with the aim of maximising exposure for the event. Dealing with press enquiries and that of the important guests invited, liaising with key stakeholders to ensure the event is delivered on time, to budget and with the maximum enjoyment possible for the guests.
Booking and organising the evenings entertainment ensuring it is appropriate for the event and within strict budgets. Arranging the venue, buffet, and arrangements for the guests arrival. Monitoring the online booking system to ensure that attendance numbers are in line with estimates.
The role also included other day to day marketing activity such as creating leaflets for future programs, creating press releases for other local events, and other PR and external communications. Updating the website and social media. From July 2012 to September 2012 (3 months) MSc Marketing Management and Strategy Course Representative @ Liaising with the students on the course in order to feedback any problems and recommendations to the business school.
Working to improve the experience of the current students and introducing changes to benefit the next years alumni From September 2011 to July 2012 (11 months) Plymouth, United KingdomAssistant Store Manager @ From November 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 6 months) Plymouth, United KingdomFloor Manager (Menswear, Footwear, Homewear) @ From July 2009 to October 2009 (4 months) Menswear Manager @ From October 2008 to June 2009 (9 months)
MSc, Marketing Management and Strategy @ University of Plymouth From 2011 to 2012 Professional Diploma, Marketing/Marketing Management, General @ Chartered Institute of Marketing From 2012 to 2012 2:1 BSc (Hons), International Relations with Politics @ University of Plymouth From 2002 to 2006 Tom Rowell is skilled in: Digital Marketing, CRM, Marketing Strategy, Sports Marketing, Marketing Communications, Database Administration, Databases, Competitive Strategy, Marketing Research, Brand Development, Building Brand Awareness, Team Management, Online Marketing, Data Analysis, Social Media Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension