Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting and Finance @
University of Washington
TWR Consulting LLC offers consulting on an hourly or short term assignment basis. TWR Consulting LLC focuses on small and medium sized manufacturing companies. Tom, the principal of TWR Consulting is an experienced business executive who can utilize his executive skills to improve the performance of your business. He will get results for you by blending skills
TWR Consulting LLC offers consulting on an hourly or short term assignment basis. TWR Consulting LLC focuses on small and medium sized manufacturing companies. Tom, the principal of TWR Consulting is an experienced business executive who can utilize his executive skills to improve the performance of your business. He will get results for you by blending skills in analytical analysis of commercial situation, common sense operation and financial reporting, developing staff skills and esteem, assessment of organizational structure and creating clear goals and objectives. We can improve your results by assisting in your financial, data analysis, accounting, operations and production needs.
Principal and Owner @ TWR Consulting LLC offers consulting on an hourly or short term assignment basis. We provide consulting services for:
• Assessment of commercial and financial consequences of projects. Analysis of investment and business options. Comparison of alternative scenarios and clear understanding of assumptions and sensitivity of key risk factors.
• Develop strategic and tactical options based on analytical evaluation of data from sales, operations and finance.
• Assess commercial and financial opportunities and risks for acquisitions or business expansion opportunities.
• Financial planning skills for annual budgets, short term planning, strategic planning and debt funding. Including profit and loss projections, cash flows and balance sheet projections.
• Develop methods to insure operational initiatives will be reflected in financial reporting. Strong ability to develop quantitative and qualitative feedback so financial information can be understood by management and staff.
• Improve efficiency and accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting. Improve performance of accounting department and usefulness of financial reports.
• Manufacturer – restructure of accounting and financial reporting to achieve timely, accurate and easily understood financial reporting. Development of annual and multiyear financial plan for debt or equity funding
• Parts supplier - . Development of annual and multiyear financial plan for debt funding From 2015 to Present (less than a year) CEO @ CEO for Plastics Division in North America, Latin America and South America. Responsible for operations in USA, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil and Chile. Member of Surteco SE Worldwide Plastics Executive Group (2011-2014)
•Completed integration of 2004 acquisition. Resulted in market share of ~60%. Sales increase from ~$35M to ~$65M
•Devised and Implemented new production technology to reduce material waste and set up times.
•Managed successful restructure from “Great Recession”. Returned profits to ~$1.5M from loss of over ~$4.0M.
•Expanded sales in Mexico and South America from sales of ~ $2.0M to ~$10.0M From 2006 to 2014 (8 years) Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina AreaCEO/President Wood Products Division @ CEO responsibilities were to run newly independent wood division, return it to profitability and to sell the division. Also assist in growth of plastics division via acquisition opportunities.
•At the strategic request of Surteco SE successfully conceived and executed plan for sale of Wood Products Division. Sold Wood Division for ~ $9.0M and profit ~ $1.0M.
•Turned around struggling wood products manufacturing operations to a profitable operation.
•Led $20M acquisition of major competitor in plastics division to consolidate market from 30%+ share to 60%+ share From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Executive VP Operations and Finance @ VP of Operations responsibilities was for manufacturing of wood product line and for national logistics operations for all product lines. As Executive VP Finance (2000-2004) was responsible for all Finance functions for all Doellken- Woodtape US and Canadian operations. Supervised managers and staff for finance, accounting, financial reporting, operational controls, IT and administration.
•Standardized & simplified equipment methods and technologies, resulting in lower waste, higher production efficiency and consistency
•Implemented workforce compensation and motivation schemes, leading to lower turnover and trained and knowledgeable production staff
•Aggressive realignment of materials purchasing resulting in lower cost and reduced waste and utilization. From 1996 to 2004 (8 years) Group CFO @ Promoted to Group CFO after acquisition of Woodtape Inc. by BLP Group PLC. BLP was a Public listed company London Stock Exchange’s small company’s exchange. BLP was an international company with multi-site operations in UK and North America. Responsible for Group wide finance, accounting, financial reporting, public company reporting and investor relations. Direct responsibility for UK operating Company accounting, financial and operational controls, IT, administration and management information reporting.
•Turned around UK operations from loss of £2.0M to profit of £2.0M. From 1992 to 1996 (4 years) Doncaster, United KingdomCFO @ Privately held company in the furniture industry. Had national markets and multiple sites. Directly responsible for finance, accounting, financial reporting, operational controls, IT and administration in US and Canadian Companies. Subsequently acquired by BLP Group PLC.
•Executive team member who oversaw sales growth from $5.0M to $20.0M.
•Key participant in sale of company to BLP Group generating multi-million dollar proceeds to shareholder.
•Key manager in acquisitions in new companies in Tennessee and Virginia. From 1986 to 1992 (6 years) Audit Manager/CPA @ Progressed from entry audit staff to Senior Audit manager. Extensive experience in manufacturing, retail, software, non-profit and other industries. Client ranged from smaller business to medium sized public companies. Excellent financial reporting and analysis skills and general tax knowledge. From 1978 to 1986 (8 years) Greater Seattle Area
Bachelor's Degree, Accounting and Business/Management, Magna Cum Laude @ University of Washington, Seattle From 1974 to 1978 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting and Finance @ University of Washington Tom Rieke is skilled in: Microsoft Office, New Business Development, Negotiation, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, Manufacturing, Marketing Strategy, Team Building, Forecasting, Product Development, Contract Negotiation, Management, Budgets, Account Management, Key Account Management, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension