Software Engineer @ As a member of the Data Services team at MapQuest I have had the pleasure of working on many new initiatives leveraging the unique search, routing, and location data available to bring products to market. Due to the nature of the team I have been able to work on a wide range of projects
Software Engineer @ As a member of the Data Services team at MapQuest I have had the pleasure of working on many new initiatives leveraging the unique search, routing, and location data available to bring products to market. Due to the nature of the team I have been able to work on a wide range of projects touching many domains across the company, including:
● A data streaming service with the ability to uniquely parse, filter, and deliver multiple streams of events in near real-time.
● Distributed and fault tolerant application log delivery system that consumes and stores the various application logs from across many teams.
● Many ETL processes from development to maintenance covering a wide domain including transaction processing, data aggregation, user segmentation, and location contextualization.
● Working with the data science team to implement machine learning workflows.
● Data visualizations including transaction reports and location visualizations.
● Java, Bash, Python, Scala
● Apache Hadoop, Kafka, Pig, Hive, Spark, MlLib
● PostgreSQL,SQLite, Netezza, Vertica
● Jenkins, Rundeck, Nagios
● AWS From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Associate Software Engineer @ From June 2014 to August 2015 (1 year 3 months) Software Engineer Intern @ From March 2014 to June 2014 (4 months) Lancaster, Pennsylvania AreaWeb Development Intern @ Work with a team to develop and maintain DoubleTakeOffers.com, a localized deal and coupon website that connects local merchants and customers.
Developed an administration page for the creation and editing of raffle like sweepstakes. This feature allowed the individuals working with customers to update sweepstakes without involving the technical team. From October 2013 to February 2014 (5 months) Summer Scholar-Application Management Services @ Project: Workers Compensation Automation and Integration System for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Coordinated with team leadership to identify areas of CMMI compliance that could be improved and took the necessary steps to improve them.
Worked with client personnel to identify key business scenarios that would experience high volume on release. This information was used to focus User Acceptance Testing.
Analyzed property and casualty insurance system vendors for features, licensing, support, and other attributes.
Conducted a general analysis of the Workers Compensation systems in states that are similar in demographics and economic output to Pennsylvania. I presented research on what problems other states were facing and what solutions they were implementing. From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension