Over 15 years of work experience in software industry with 12 years of experience in software development on variety of wireless/mobile platforms. Have deep understanding of wireless market and technologies. Delivered client/server applications through the full product lifecycle (analyzing requirements, coding business logic, building UI/UX, porting, certification). Experience with deploying production quality mobile applications to major wireless
Over 15 years of work experience in software industry with 12 years of experience in software development on variety of wireless/mobile platforms. Have deep understanding of wireless market and technologies. Delivered client/server applications through the full product lifecycle (analyzing requirements, coding business logic, building UI/UX, porting, certification). Experience with deploying production quality mobile applications to major wireless carrier networks.
Principal Software Engineer @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Greater Seattle AreaSr. Software Engineer / Team Lead @ • Designed, developed, deployed and ported mobile apps and solutions on variety of mobile platforms. Implemented new features for company’s product uSearch, ported applications to different wireless platforms.
• Developed “Get It Now Search” (browser with proprietary markup language, millions of downloads) for Verizon Wireless, T-Zone browser for T-Mobile (preloaded on many T-Mobile handsets), T-Mobile mobile web portal (millions of unique customers), Offers (social networking coupon system), MobileLife and BonusApps (media content delivery app/widget for T-Mobile, millions of installations), number of other applications.
• Developed Medio Analytics SDK for iOS/Android/WinPhone, with customers such as T-Mobile, Rovio and others. Many millions of installations.
• Developed K-Invite – mobile virality platform for application owners to create and track the virality of their mobile applications.
• Developed additional in-house tools, such as – Event Codegen to generate iOS/Android/WinPhone code based on analytics schemas), many others.
Tools used: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C, Android, iOS, BREW, J2ME, Windows Phone 7, Silverlight, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Symbian, .NET, Spring, Hibernate, different social networks SDKs. From September 2006 to July 2014 (7 years 11 months) Sr. Software Engineer, Founder @ • Created ideas and developed games and productivity applications for mobile phones.
• 20+ games and productivity apps have been developed and deployed to mobile carriers in US, Europe, South America, India, Asia. Some apps got media attention and TV news coverage.
• Developed number of tools to simplify porting in between different platforms (e.g. C-like language that generates source code for different platforms).
Tools used: C/C++, BREW, Java, J2ME, C#, .NET, PHP, Symbian, Windows Mobile, PostgreSQL, ANTLR From May 2002 to September 2006 (4 years 5 months) Software Engineer @ • Developed CallPrint mobile phone solution (billing and call tracking/monitoring system).
• Developed Directory Management software (phone interacts with server via SMS and data channel).
• Developed Phone Usage Meter, and Call Management.
Tools used: C/C++, BREW, Visual C++, Win32/MFC/WTL, Java, J2ME, Java Card, Palm OS. From March 2001 to December 2002 (1 year 10 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked on migrating of company's main product "Decision Point Analyst” from VC++/VB to web platform.
• Developed Java web UI and server-side API to provide access to data warehouse using front-end query tools.
• Added additional features such as network traffic enciphering, resource sharing and load balancing.
Tools used: Visual C++, Visual BASIC, Win32, MFC, Java, Swing, RMI, SQL, Oracle, Solaris. From April 2000 to February 2001 (11 months) Software Engineer @ • Designed and implemented "Remote Video Manager" - set of Windows and Solaris client/server administration tools for video configuration and control, network monitoring etc.
• Worked on apps for storing and managing video content in Sun Media Central environment.
Tools used: Java, Visual C++, MFC, TCP/IP, Win32, Winsock, Solaris, Install Shield. From October 1999 to April 2000 (7 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked on software solutions for municipal department of transportation - metropolitan transportation schedule, telephone subscriber searching solutions and administration tools.
• Developed apps to process telex and e-mail messages received from nautical INMARSAT satellite system.
Tools used: Visual C++, Visual BASIC, DAO, Java, PHP, CGI, DHTML, PostgreSQL. From April 1997 to November 1999 (2 years 8 months)
Master Degree, Computer Science @ Master Degree In Computer Science Toly Pochkin is skilled in: Android, J2ME, Java, Symbian, Objective-C, Mobile Applications, Software Engineering, Tomcat, Agile Methodologies, Web Services, Subversion, Scrum, Mobile Devices, Wireless, Hibernate
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension