President, CPO, and Co-founder @ Clarify Health Solutions
General Partner @ Tendril Ventures
Principal Investor, General Partner @ Grand Cru Custom Crush
Visionary CTO & CEO with 20+ years of achievement driving growth, innovation, and profitability in the high-tech sector. End-to-end leader with ability to design, build, deploy, and market new technologies, complementing hands-on expertise with executive-level business acumen. Creative technologist who can study market, competitor, and end-user trends, identify business opportunities, and develop groundbreaking technologies that accelerate growth.
Visionary CTO & CEO with 20+ years of achievement driving growth, innovation, and profitability in the high-tech sector. End-to-end leader with ability to design, build, deploy, and market new technologies, complementing hands-on expertise with executive-level business acumen. Creative technologist who can study market, competitor, and end-user trends, identify business opportunities, and develop groundbreaking technologies that accelerate growth. Savvy business strategist who has led cutting-edge development efforts from ideation through revenue generation, serving as critical bridge between business and engineering. Tested leader who can build high-performing teams from scratch, oversee all divisions of a well-run business unit, and guide companies through periods of transition and uncertainty.
Founder, Chief Technology Officer @ At Clarify, we are improving the lives of patients and those who care for them by building the brains of the digital healthcare system of the future. We deliver innovative digital and analytics solutions that enable patients to obtain, and our customers to deliver, more satisfying, better outcome, higher value healthcare. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaFounder, Co-Managing Member @ Alluvial Partners, LLC focuses on accelerating disruptive innovations and trends in the digital health space. Through a combination of executive leadership, placement services, seed capital, and on- and off-shore consulting expertise, we provide the foundation for entrepreneurs to surround themselves with the talent and resources required to excel and thrive. Through our off-shore wholly-owned subsidiary, KenkoTech, we are able to offer extremely talented, long term technology resources that specialize in the digital health industry.
As a Managing Member, I work to ensure that the ideas that we choose to support have the resources that they need for success. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaGeneral Partner @ Tendril Ventures, LLC is an early stage venture capital fund focused on above market collateralized opportunities in the wine and spirits industry. As the General Partner, I oversee all investment decisions for the fund, including managing existing investment returns and prospecting new investment opportunities. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPrincipal Investor, General Partner @ Grand Cru Custom Crush is a state-of-the-art custom crush facility designed to provide the highest quality equipment and service to world-class winemakers and small wineries in Sonoma County. We offer a tiered rate card for custom crush services based on the varietal, whether the wine is for the primary tenant brand or secondary, and whether the wine is being brought in as fruit or bought on the bulk market. Collectively, the tenants at our facility crush just over 700 tons of fruit per year.
I serve as the Principal Investor and General Partner of the facility as well as the Proprietor of an anchor tenant. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Proprietor @ Our team at Ernest Vineyards not only shares a passion for creating wines of distinction but also for having fun and enjoying the journey as much as the destination. While we each have our roles to play, we are a true team that collaborates on the whole process from farming program through to production. Above all else, we are grateful and appreciative that we have the opportunity to do what we do - walk vineyards, grow grapes, make wine, and please others. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaExecutive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer @ Establish global technology and solution strategy for Advent’s entire service suite, managing a 22-product portfolio marketed across 7 business lines. Lead the design, build, and launch of cutting-edge technologies to drive growth for Advent and empower clients with value-added financial services solutions. Direct 400-member global cross-functional teams, manage $85M budget, and maximize the productivity of internal operations.
- Drove the development of Advent Direct, delivering the next generation of Cloud overlay solutions and changing the landscape of the FinTech industry; delivered new software that enabled firms to access new capabilities without requiring massive infrastructure upgrades.
- Led a large-scale business process re-engineering initiative, streamlining 3 disparate development organizations into a cohesive unit that delivered next-generation technologies for Advent; this more efficient structure allowed for the Advent Direct platform to be developed without additional expenses and cut R&D costs as a percentage of revenue.
- Transferred primary development ownership for Advent’s core solutions to the Beijing team, freeing key U.S. resources for more profitable investment.
- Built and coached 400-member team across the U.S., Asia, and EU; navigated different languages and cultures to align diverse staff behind common goals for large-scale initiatives. Also ensured most efficient use of $85M budget to maximize ROI.
- Stretching beyond CTO title, managed IT infrastructure and internal applications; ensured full health and functionality of critical IT assets, and equipped Advent with best-in-class IT capabilities while maintaining cost efficiency.
- Played key role in leading Advent Software to a profitable $2.3B acquisition in February 2015. From January 2013 to August 2015 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaGeneral Manager, Senior Vice President of Development, Services, and Support @ Created a ‘business within a business’ for the award-winning Geneva platform. Delivered global leadership for product design, delivery, implementation, and support of Advent’s solutions. Established technology strategy and vision, capitalizing on untapped market opportunities with cutting-edge software solutions. Analyzed work systems and business processes to streamline operations and improve efficiency. Built 400-member international team.
- Drove a technology transformation for Advent that sparked significant revenue growth and bolstered ROI, delivering innovative solutions that offered enhanced capabilities for clients at a lower cost of ownership.
- Generated exponential growth, driving revenue from $22M to $150M and building client base from 12 to 300; played key role in establishing Advent as a global leader in the FinTech space with one of the most celebrated technology platforms in the industry (Geneva).
- Pioneered Advent’s global expansion to London, Hong Kong, and Singapore; penetrated new markets and broadened Advent’s operating footprint, creating a 400-member team on an international scale.
- Implemented Agile methodologies and standardized best practices; developed a new operating framework and created new tools to facilitate an efficient, nimble, and Agile development organization. From January 2005 to December 2012 (8 years) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector of Development @ From January 2002 to January 2005 (3 years 1 month) Director of Development @ From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Process Control Engineer @ From 1994 to 1997 (3 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension