Bachelor of Science (BSc) @
London GuildHall University
I am an experienced freelance Java/J2EE developer with skills in software analysis, design and software architecture. I have had employment with a number of large blue chip organisations. I have a Msc in information technology related disciplines along with Java certifications in my chosen specialisation. I am a strong team player with leadership qualities and a flexible
I am an experienced freelance Java/J2EE developer with skills in software analysis, design and software architecture. I have had employment with a number of large blue chip organisations. I have a Msc in information technology related disciplines along with Java certifications in my chosen specialisation. I am a strong team player with leadership qualities and a flexible ‘can do attitude’. I have experience of a number of development methodologies including XP, TDD, RUP and PMM and it's derivatives, with experience covering the full software development life cycle. I have successfully developed web based J2EE applications using various development tools and technologies including UML, Spring MVC, Spring Webflow, JSF, Icefaces, Richfaces, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Fusion Suite, Bpel, Weblogic, Glassfish, JBoss, Webservices and Restfull Webservices , Axis, JAXWS, JAXRPC, SOAP Eclipse, Jdeveloper Netbeans. XML, XHTML, XSLT, CSS, Ajax.
Senior Java Developer @ I have been Involved in the development of the RPA CAPD project, used to manage payment claims for EU funding from UK land owners. The system provides digital images of land parcels and their coverings using GIS and OpenLayers, upon which the land owner can mark locations of land coverage and land boundaries indicating change to their estate. This is then processed via a task management workflow system including user interaction and automated process steps.
• Working closely with the business analyst to develop the business process that would be supported by the workflow. The BPM process was developed in JBPM 6 using th eclipse BPMN2 process designer.
• Developing the Oracle 12g schema, ejb 3.1 and hibernate spatial data access layers to support the business process data model and the JBPM 6 runtime process engine, Executing application in JBOSS 7.1 application server.
•Agile development methodology with 3 week sprints.
• Unit testing with Mockito mock objects framework.
• Integration testing with DBUnit and Arquillian in container testing framework.
• Automated testing with selenium and JMeter
• Creating rest interfaces invoked for the loading and storing of land reference information and land geometries.
• Building application with eclipse and maven, continuous integration with Team City.
• Support System and UAT testing, bug fixing.
• Using Git repository and Source Tree for source control management.
• Mentoring junior developers. From February 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 3 months) Senior Java Developer @ The role is very hands on, involving the development of new modules and enhancements to a multi-tiered, multi-threaded application. The application is a JMS based messaging system, developed to handle scanning and customs information related to the import and export of parcels, letters and heavy goods packages, globally.
The application provides the interface between ‘n’ number of external systems who are producers of messages posted to a JMS Farm, and the internal UNIFace and Sybase database system.
The application receives messages, performing message transformations and business rule application to the data prior to storage. The application also delivers information to and from ‘n’ number of RFI scanners in near real time.
The application has been on the Springframework utilising Spring-batch. IOP, JDBC, Springs Task Executor, Quartz, JPA, Hibernate, Derby, Sybase, JMS, XML, XSLT, CFX webservices, Junit, TDD and various design patterns.
• Design and development of modules to handle incoming and outgoing messages for various external message provider systems.
• Design and development of web service interfaces to various scanning systems, used as means to trigger business processing logic.
• Analysis and design capture in UML using Enterprise Architect.
• Writing Junit test cases and integration test cases for storage in Teamforge.
• Capturing test results and creating specifications for storage in Teamforge.
• Support System and UAT testing, bug fix and change requests. From June 2013 to December 2013 (7 months) Senior Java Develper @ Total Gas and Power (TGP) June 2009 – June 2013
TGP are a utilities company providing gas and electricity services UK wide.
The organisation maintains a number of complex business applications maintaining 300 terabytes of data.
Became the development team lead and the java development champion.
• Design and develop middle tier and user interface components for a number of core business applications.
Development of oracle stored procedure to enable presentation tier data access via the middle tier.
• Development and design of user interface using JSF, ADF, Icefaces, Richfaces, Spring MVC, Spring Webflow and XHTML
• Developing web services using JAXRPC, JAXWAS, SOAP and CFX, enabling access to external third party web services. .
• Developing BPEL process flows with Oracle Fusion SOA Suite and XSLT.
• Lead a small team of developers in the development of business applications. This involved:
o Design the java code Interfaces to SOA and RDBMS service layers.
• Create releases for System Test, UAT and Production.
• Liaise with offshore development team.
• Develop and maintain Java Development standards and guide lines.
• Perform code reviews and.
• Produce design documents using Enterprise Architect and UML notation.
• Managing the development forums and aligning the development forum strategy with the overall IT Objectives set by the management team. From June 2009 to May 2013 (4 years) Redhill, United KingdomSenior Java Developer @ TCS/Legal and General Business Information Systems January 2007 – May 2009
Legal and General January 2007 to June 2008
Employed initially by Legal and General’s IT department, this has been outsourced to TCS which is an IT services company. My employment contract and length of service has been transferred to TCS I am now a TCS employee working on the Legal and General accounts.
I have been involved in a number of projects to support the business and help it gain competitive advantage. Working as a Senior Java Developer in the middle tier, responsible for the design and development of various common middleware, web based components and J2EE applications.
• Design solutions to meet the business requirements, requiring interaction with the business customers to solidify requirements.
• Research into the best technology to apply to the solution.
• Converting the requirements into component design using UML.
• Implementing the design using J2EE design patterns and technologies.
• Unit testing using Junit and associated tools, localised and end to end testing.
• System testing in pre production environments
• Raising the necessary change requests for deployment through test environments to production.
• Bug fixing and re-releasing as necessary.
• Providing technical documentation and user guides.
• Producing UML use cases, class and sequence diagrams to include in documentation of the component. From June 2007 to May 2009 (2 years) Redhill, United KingdomJ2EE Consultant @ The project involved the development of a complete Telco solution for Australian Telecom (AAPT). This involved the development of provisioning solutions to billing and customer service management.
• Responsible for the design and Development of the payment management core, using XP and test driven methods in an Eclipse IDE building with Maven 2.
• Developing EJB3 components on a JBoss application server.
• Implementing UML use cases for the Payment Management Core.
• Implementing J2ee Data Access Objects using Hibernate as the object relational mapping framework to an oracle 10g database server.
• Unit testing with Junit and Mock objects.
• Research and development into the use of EJB3, JBoss and Hibernate
• Developing and configuring the JMS interface used for integration between payment core and billing module.
J2SE Programming,Junit Unit Testing,Maven 2,Eclipse IDE,Component Based Development,
Oracle 10G,Hibernate,JBoss,UML,J2EE patterns,CVS,EJB3,JMS,ESB,Web Services From June 2006 to September 2006 (4 months)
Master of Science (MSc), Distributed and Multimedia Information Systems @ Heriot Watt University From 1997 to 1998 Bachelor of Science (BSc), Computing and Information Systems, First Class Honours @ London GuildHall University From 1994 to 1997 Tod Barnett is skilled in: Web Services, SOA, Java, Spring, PL/SQL, XML, JSF, Java Enterprise Edition, Oracle, Design Patterns, JUnit, Eclipse, JBoss Application Server, SOAP, UML
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension