VP of Customer Engagement Operations @ Experian Consumer Direct
Sr. Director of Operations @ Experian Consumer Direct
Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, Chemistry @
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Energetic executive with practical experience in and solid understanding of customer service. Results-oriented leader that thinks and plans both strategically and tactically with a diplomatic yet assertive style with high integrity. Builds and develops high performance teams that drive savings, sales, loyalty and morale. Known for a contagious passion for excellence, resourceful solutions, superior customer service, and
Energetic executive with practical experience in and solid understanding of customer service. Results-oriented leader that thinks and plans both strategically and tactically with a diplomatic yet assertive style with high integrity. Builds and develops high performance teams that drive savings, sales, loyalty and morale. Known for a contagious passion for excellence, resourceful solutions, superior customer service, and high-performance team-building abilities.
Areas of expertise:
Operations Strategy and Leadership
Capacity Planning and Staff Deployment
Customer & Employee Centric Culture Development and Engagement
Mentoring and Leader Development
Sales/Service and Retention Performance
Process and Data Driven Performance
Enterprise Strategy and Customer Satisfaction and Insight
Financial Planning and Analysis
VP of Call Center Operations @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) VP of Customer Engagement Operations @ Directly responsible for all aspects of enterprise-wide call center (6 to 8 total, 1000+ employees) performance including: customer satisfaction, employee morale/engagement, budgeting/staffing, customer retention, revenue generation, training, quality assurance, compliance, calls center reporting, and outsourced relationships – both offshore and onshore.
* Developed the organizational structure, reporting, processes, and analytical framework to effectively manage a 42M+ budget across multiple lines of businesses including internal and client lines with independent P&L’s.
* Developed a data-driven organization that efficiently improved retention, sales and refunding by brand and acquisition source, delivering high-value and cost-efficient services to the appropriate customer base resulting in exceeding all revenue goals in retention, upsells and acquisition.
* Developed an organization that is uniquely capable of handling rapid wide-swings in call volume and very large-scale burst staffing scenarios that is unmatched in the data breach resolution industry.
* Created an employee-engaged, customer-centric and value-based culture yielding high employee engagement scores. This resulted in very low site attrition, and increased CSAT scores.
* Created and documented a culture of continuous improvement for all departments using COPC high-performance best practices resulting in multiple call center industry awards. From 2011 to 2014 (3 years) Sr. Director of Operations @ Directly responsible for all workforce management, vendor management, and all direct to consumer line of business performance including leadership and strategic development of all customer satisfaction and retention efforts, for ProtectmyID, Freecreditscore, Freecreditreport, Creditreport and Creditscore.
* Revamped the workforce management team improving forecasting, vendor staffing accountability, and real-time workflow operational reactivity resulting in more efficient call handling during large fluctuations, better “on-demand”, rapid staffing ramp-ups, and better customer service.
* Created a vendor management process standardizing all vendor selection, contracting, onboarding, and performance management resulting in consistent performance across sites and during rapid staffing ramps for large “mega” data breach initiatives. This high consistency was recognized by regulatory agencies.
* Deployed COPC High Performance Management Techniques for all departments resulting in a framework that lead to industry best practices and later award winning status.
* Developed reporting that separated all direct-to-consumer performance out by brand allowing the targeted retention scripting and offers. This resulted in better retention and revenue metrics as well as provided valuable insight back to the business units.
* Developed better customer insight methodologies by executing a CSAT Key Driver Survey and developing Customer Insight Teams resulting in a better measurement of what is important to customers from a service perspective as well as a structured approach to gathering feedback for the marketing and product teams. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Customer Retention Sr. Operations Manager @ Hired to help startup large call center and provided enterprise-wide leadership and strategic development of all customer retention efforts, mostly for Freecreditreport.com. Managed domestic retention teams totaling 200+ agents.
* Part of the leadership team responsible for overall site startup for the first captured site resulting in the center hub of all service operations and a site that gained global Experian and high-profile client recognition.
* Managed the leadership development of supervisors and developed performance management practices.
* Managed the complete development from recruiting, training to roll-out to high-performance of the retention efforts in Arkansas center achieving highest save and post-save stick rates in company history.
* Managed roll-out initiatives for new lines of businesses including Green Umbrella and Lower My Bills outbound.
* Develop and managed enterprise Operations Help line and the Global Escalations Team.
* Initiated and developed a value-based culture which was later spread to the entire customer care enterprise. From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Sales and Service Manager, Operations Manager and Site Sr. Manager @ Held many positions including WFM Operations Analyst; HR Generalist, Trainer, Sales and Service Manager, Operations Manager and Site Sr. Manager (Director). Provided site and enterprise-wide leadership in turnaround management and operations directing organizational growth & development ultimately resulting in an industry award-winning organization.
* Key player in site start up leadership team in New Mexico which became best performing site in company.
* Helped guide and oversee customer satisfaction surveys tying in to agent performance.
* Provided leadership in performance reporting, quality and productivity analysis.
* Helped implement and coordinate the implementation of technologies including WFM solutions, agent dashboards, e-learning, chat, CTI-intelligent routing, and email processing resulting in efficient and seamless multi-channel contact handling.
* Helped develop unique institution-wide efficiencies in seasonal staffing – including workforce partner sharing, home agent programs and a unique temporary agent program.
* Developed site and enterprise wide reporting for executive summaries as well as performance driving tools.
* Shared recipient of the 2006 ICMI Global Call Center of the Year. From January 2001 to December 2006 (6 years) Research Assistant @ Conservation genetic researcher working with the characterization and management of endangered species.
Multiple-award and grant recipient. From January 1995 to January 1999 (4 years 1 month) Research Associate @ Molecular population geneticist of endangered species including theoretical modeling, field-work, and using recombinant genetic techniques to develop conservation strategies for endangered species. From 1994 to 1998 (4 years) Research and Teaching Assistant @ Molecular population genetics researcher and instructor. From January 1992 to January 1995 (3 years 1 month)
Masters of Science, Molecular Population Genetics @ University of Louisiana at LafayetteBachelor of Science, Microbiology, Chemistry @ University of Louisiana at Lafayette From 1989 to 1992 Timothy Kim is skilled in: Call Center, Performance Management, Customer Service, Leadership Development, Training, Recruiting, New Hire Orientations, Workforce Management, Customer Retention, Leadership, Project Planning, Process Scheduler, Enterprise Software, Customer Experience, Customer Satisfaction
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension