President @ Tucker Safety Products - A Marmon Group / Berkshire Hathaway Company
Managing Director @ Ryna Gear LLC
President - Blåkläder North America @ AB Blåkläder
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) @
Loyola University of Chicago
Senior leader with significant experience in global sourcing and product management, general management, operations, strategic planning, merchandising, and product development for CPG and industrial markets. Involved in diverse businesses, including start-up, turnaround and growth situations. Recognized as a collaborative leader who can bring together diverse people and ideas to tackle business challenges. Broad experience with international markets
Senior leader with significant experience in global sourcing and product management, general management, operations, strategic planning, merchandising, and product development for CPG and industrial markets. Involved in diverse businesses, including start-up, turnaround and growth situations. Recognized as a collaborative leader who can bring together diverse people and ideas to tackle business challenges. Broad experience with international markets (Asia, Europe), including expat assignment. Core competencies include:
• Global Sourcing/Supply Chain
• Product Development
• Diverse Business Environments
• Full P&L Responsibility
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Budgeting, Pricing & Cost Control
• Broad Business Acumen
• Business Development
Contact: [email protected] t) 847-226-3568
President @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Colorado Springs, Colorado AreaManaging Director @ International sourcing and product development business, with an emphasis on hand protection and related products sourced in the Asian region with revenues of $5M.
• Executed multi-year product re-sourcing initiative for market leading industrial distributor.
• Developed and maintained strong strategic relationships with supply chain partners to meet customer’s objectives.
• Ensured global supply chain management through onsite business reviews at factory locations.
• Increased new product sales and development, accounting for 23% of revenue in 12-month period.
• Understand and monitor current commodity market conditions/trends, factory capacity/capability, and product knowledge to meet customer requirements and supply challenges.
• Proactively broadened manufacturing base to Bangladesh and Pakistan, minimizing reliance on China.
• Designed and developed patent pending WaterGuard™ cast and wound protector, allowing patients to stay dry during showering, distributed through doctors, hospitals and online retailers.
• Successfully led key sales presentations resulting in 500 store placement/$250K revenue with national grocery chain. From 2008 to June 2014 (6 years) President - Blåkläder North America @ - Led a struggling start-up operation in the US for a $50m privately held Swedish based manufacturer and marketer of premium workwear apparel.
- Established sales and distribution in the Canadian market, as well as growing the overall North American market.
- Refocused the product assortment to emphasize the companys expertise, while balancing out the assortment with seasonal outerwear and accessories, maximizing in-store presentation. Resulted in a 600% revenue growth in year 2.
- Established the local sales office and outsourced distribution in the Canadian market, resulting in $300K in revenue in the first year. From July 2006 to June 2008 (2 years) Senior Vice President / General Manager @ - Provided strategic leadership for the $90M consumer products division of a global manufacturer and marketer of hand protection
- Developed 3-year multiple product line expansion strategy resulting in new and differentiated product lines generating 25% of overall revenue at 8% higher margins, offsetting declining revenue and margin trend.
- Increased ROI to 19% by exiting underperforming businesses, aggressive supplier cost reductions and operational efficiencies. From May 2003 to June 2006 (3 years 2 months) Vice President of Operations @ - Repatriated to the US to assist the new President/CEO in a major business realignment after the loss of a major customer to reverse three consecutive years of financial losses.
- Developed and executed a reorganization strategy to reduce costs and refocus the organization based on core competencies, resulting in a profitable 2002, reversing consecutive years of losses.
- Held major account responsibility for the largest industrial customer, growing sales from $1.6 to $4.3M in less than 2 years while improving margins from 9% to 14% on direct import program.
- Improved gross margins 8% by realigning product quality with market expectations, and moving Asian partners to outsourcing strategy.
- Improved service levels to key customers in excess of 97% on-time/fill-rate after implementing a pick-to-light warehouse management system, while reducing warehouse headcount 46%. From January 2001 to May 2003 (2 years 5 months) General Manager @ Managed the European selling and distribution division with revenues of $5M, achieving sales growth of 37% in less than two years. Implemented a UK realignment of key functional positions into key customer and market teams, resulting in 92% customer fill rates. From January 1999 to December 2000 (2 years) Northampton, United KingdomDirector of International Sourcing @ Led the direct sourcing of import product lines for consumer, industrial and medical divisions, with an annual purchase volume of $50 - $70M at FOB. Expanded the manufacturing base to include Sri Lanka, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Thailand. From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Product Manager - Hotfingers Ski and Winter Trail Casual Gloves @ Managed all functions related to these market leading branded ski and winter wear product categories. From 1989 to 1994 (5 years)
MBA, Business @ Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University ChicagoBachelor of Arts (B.A.) @ Loyola University of Chicago Timothy Hartigan is skilled in: New Business Development, Strategic Planning, Sales Management, Product Development, Product Management, Forecasting, Marketing Strategy, Purchasing, Full P&L Responsibility, Product Marketing, Global Sourcing, Business Development, Planning Budgeting & Forecasting, Business Planning, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension